HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Congrats on 500 to Broduer!

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Jay88*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
are you serious? now you are including rafalski? i guess because he won a vezina without stevens nieds and dano and proved all teh critics wrong that he is nothing without them you have to throw in rafalski????

whoever doesnt atleast respect what marty did is not a real hockey fan in my mind
Im DEAD SERIOUS. The guy is good with a great team in front of him, yet i actually left pout all the fowards of Holik and Arnott, Elias, later on Gomez Madden, pandolpho and the TRAP.

im dead serious. I guess im not a real hockey fan, your childish attempt at an insult wont bother me. Im 29 man, now if I was around your age. By that comment Im assuming 15 maybe 16, 20 the oldest. then I would be fighting and arguing. I been a fan since and playing and watching since 1989. thats all i can say. You have your opinion and thats cool.

Cheers man.

Old
11-17-2007, 11:49 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
are you serious? now you are including rafalski? i guess because he won a vezina without stevens nieds and dano and proved all teh critics wrong that he is nothing without them you have to throw in rafalski????

whoever doesnt atleast respect what marty did is not a real hockey fan in my mind
I'm a Rangers fan before I'm a "real" hockey fan.

A hockey fan is someone who enjoys watching/playing the game of hockey. I enjoy watching and playing hockey, so I'm definitely a hockey fan.

A Rangers fan is someone who roots for the New York Rangers. Check.

A diehard Rangers fan is someone who is obsessed with the Rangers, watches practically every game and roots against their enemies (Isles, Devils, Flyers) and their players. That's what I do too.

So what exactly is a "real" hockey fan? Why exactly am I supposed to be proud of my enemy's accomplishments?

BTW, he's a Devils fan, so of course he defends his boy.

Old
11-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
Im DEAD SERIOUS. The guy is good with a great team in front of him, yet i actually left pout all the fowards of Holik and Arnott, Elias, later on Gomez Madden, pandolpho and the TRAP.

im dead serious. I guess im not a real hockey fan, your childish attempt at an insult wont bother me. Im 29 man, now if I was around your age. By that comment Im assuming 15 maybe 16, 20 the oldest. then I would be fighting and arguing. I been a fan since and playing and watching since 1989. thats all i can say. You have your opinion and thats cool.

Cheers man.
im pretty sure the rangers are trapping alittle bit too now arent they? does that change your opinion on lundquist?

Old
11-17-2007, 11:54 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
im pretty sure the rangers are trapping alittle bit too now arent they? does that change your opinion on lundquist?
Not really. Never played a trap. Oh ya, so that's like 4 or 5 games in a row we scored 3+. Yeah. Nice trap.

Take a hike.

Old
11-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I'm a Rangers fan before I'm a "real" hockey fan.

A hockey fan is someone who enjoys watching/playing the game of hockey. I enjoy watching and playing hockey, so I'm definitely a hockey fan.

A Rangers fan is someone who roots for the New York Rangers. Check.

A diehard Rangers fan is someone who is obsessed with the Rangers, watches practically every game and roots against their enemies (Isles, Devils, Flyers) and their players. That's what I do too.

So what exactly is a "real" hockey fan? Why exactly am I supposed to be proud of my enemy's accomplishments?

BTW, he's a Devils fan, so of course he defends his boy.
being proud of an accomplishment and respecting it is different

Old
11-17-2007, 11:56 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Blah,blah , blah.

Why dont you justgo back to your teams thread. I really dont want to hear you any more. i would use an ignore button, but your not a regular that I will ever probably see again,so with that Im not wasting any time replying to your posts.

take care kiddie.

Old
11-17-2007, 11:56 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Not really. Never played a trap. Oh ya, so that's like 4 or 5 games in a row we scored 3+. Yeah. Nice trap.

Take a hike.
you also average the least amount of goals. and as ive been told by many mods you are allowed to post where ever you want.

Old
11-17-2007, 11:57 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocks View Post
give credit where its due
yeah, that means spelling his name right: he's of French not German heritage

Broduer LOL

Old
11-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
Blah,blah , blah.

Why dont you justgo back to your teams thread. I really dont want to hear you any more. i would use an ignore button, but your not a regular that I will ever probably see again,so with that Im not wasting any time replying to your posts.

take care kiddie.
you can post where ever you want

Old
11-18-2007, 12:00 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Can you please stop now. I don't remember the last nice thing Brodeur every had to say about anything Ranger related, why should we give a **** about his accomplishments?

I respect his skill as a goalie, but other than that I hate his guts and so do 95% of us. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Old
11-18-2007, 12:00 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
you also average the least amount of goals. and as ive been told by many mods you are allowed to post where ever you want.
"mommy said I can play, too"

Old
11-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Jay88*

You all know what to do with bratty little annoying kids.......thats to ignore them and when you do they stop, and if he dont he will get banned or get infractions or something. so just let him be.

Old
11-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Can you please stop now. I don't remember the last nice thing Brodeur every had to say about anything Ranger related, why should we give a **** about his accomplishments?

I respect his skill as a goalie, but other than that I hate his guts and so do 95% of us. I don't see anything wrong with that.
he never says anything nice about the rangers but he does respect the players. when fran healy asked him who was the best player hes played against he said jagr. im glad you guys hate him, taht just means that hes doing his job pretthy well.

Old
11-18-2007, 12:07 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

bull, everytime the Rangers beat him, he always makes a remark like the Rangers weren't that great and he just messed up. Like the Prucha shootout goal he was saying how he should have had it and that he knew where he was going to go and blah blah blah. Never gives any credit.

Old
11-18-2007, 12:07 AM
hlundqvist30*

This is pathetic. You guys truly are pathetic. Guess what. I love Avery. We all love Avery. Guess what. He is classless! Whenever Avery scores a goal at home I don't see people booing because he is "classless." Roger Clemens, Marty Brodeur, Bob Gibson, Mark Messier, Ty Cobb. What do all of those guys have in common? They were complete a-holes. Guess what else they have in common. They are the greatest players of all time in their respective sports! Sometimes that's what it takes. You think Roger Clemens would be nearly as affective if he didn't give chin music? Do you think Avery would be nearly as affective if he taped his mouth? Guess what, not everyone is a Hank Aaron or Mike Richter. Sometimes the meanstreak and no-**** attitude is what is needed to make players great. Regardless of what you think personally of Marty, he is a top 5 goalie of all time, and anyone who wants to say he sucks or whatever is simply just annoyed by the fact he has so many wins and brought the Devils so much success. Can you name 1 guy that carried a team in any sport throughout his career more than Brodeur did? you can argue some people, but point is not only was he a great goalie, he was a franchise player. You can hate a guy but still respect him at the same time. As a Houston Astros fan I absolutely hate Albert Pujols, but that doesn't mean if he were to hit 500 HR i'd be completely bitter about it and diseregard what he did. You don't have to celebrate what Marty did from a personal point of view, but as a hockey fan you can appreciate a once in a generation accomplishment. More reason for Devils fans to hate us.

Old
11-18-2007, 12:12 AM
swammerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguinetti 34567 View Post
Listen, i am a diehard ranger fan and i probably hate the Devil's more then any other team but that being said i have to give it up to Marty Broduer who has won his 500th game 2nite. I dont like rooting for the guy (I will never) or even like him but i do respect the guy for whta he has done during his career. We can only hope to have Lundqvist to what Broduer has done for his team. Congrats Marty(even though i hate you!)
Ummm, Marty who?

Old
11-18-2007, 12:16 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Actually Brodeur had 28 shots on him tonight. And he won a Vezina without Stevens and Mommas Boy.
But again, whos counting 500 wins, 3 cups, 2 vezinas, countless shutouts, playoff wins, playoff shutouts?

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 11-18-2007 at 10:00 AM.
Old
11-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
Actually Brodeur had 28 shots on him tonight. And he won a Vezina without Stevens and Mommas Boy.
But again, whos counting 500 wins, 3 cups, 2 vezinas, countless shutouts, playoff wins, playoff shutouts?
No doubt he is a great player, and congrats to him on the milestone...

but I don't think he needs a thread for his 500th win on a Rangers Board.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 11-18-2007 at 10:00 AM.
Old
11-18-2007, 12:33 AM
In The Flesh

marty's a lil wuss, but i'll congratulate him for actor of the year

Old
11-18-2007, 12:41 AM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

It's a shame that some people are so blinded by their hatred of a particular team that they can't recognize greatness when it's staring them in the face. It makes me wonder how you can call yourself a hockey fan (or even a sports fan for that matter) if you can't appreciate a hall of fame career.

Now whether or not this thread belongs on our board, that's a different story. Doesn't seem necessary to me, but since it is here, congratulations to Marty. It seems like about 300 of those 500 were against the Rangers.

Old
11-18-2007, 12:44 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
It's a shame that some people are so blinded by their hatred of a particular team that they can't recognize greatness when it's staring them in the face. It makes me wonder how you can call yourself a hockey fan (or even a sports fan for that matter) if you can't appreciate a hall of fame career.

Now whether or not this thread belongs on our board, that's a different story. Doesn't seem necessary to me, but since it is here, congratulations to Marty. It seems like about 300 of those 500 were against the Rangers.
I'm a rangers fan over a hockey fan first of all. Marty really never had a losing season, he's never had bad times, he's got 500 but his greatness was helped by his teams, not saying he's not great, damn good G, just sayin, same way I feel about Tom Brady, the guys had it all, he's a great QB but he's had everything great always around him, just my opinion.

Old
11-18-2007, 02:18 AM
chip chipperson*

if some how sean avery were to win a conn smyth in the finals, for the rangers or any team, no fan of any other team would give him any respect. all they would say is how much they hate avery and how he is an ass. so i guess that would mean that besides ranger fans there would be no "real hockey fans" because no one else would appreciate it.

to say someone is not a real hockey fan because they wont give brodeur props is down right retarted. i guess i'm not a real baseball fan because i still think the record is 61 and bonds can go to hell.

brodeur can take his 500 wins and go to bed with his wife's sister all he wants i really could care less about him.

Old
11-18-2007, 02:39 AM
GarretJoseph*

Why is this on the Rangers board?

Old
11-18-2007, 02:49 AM
Chain Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Why is this on the Rangers board?
Because with his 500th win the Rangers vault into 1st place in the Atlantic.

Old
11-18-2007, 04:36 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Wow.

I don't give a **** what Devil fans say or for that matter any other fans say when I say this. MIKE RICHTER WAS A BETTER GOALIE THAN MARTY & HANKS IS RIGHT NOW.

You put Mike Richter on that team that was playing a FULL defensive system with the Holiks, Pandolfos, Niedermayers, Stevens, ect..ect.. and ANYBODY would be GREAT and pick up wins with that SYSTEM and DEFENSE in front of them.

Whats going on this season? New coach comes in and changes up the system some what & where are all the great defenders? Gone.
if Richter was on the Devils he would have had 600 wins by now & the all time winnest goalie EVER. The sad thing is this as great as broduer is, he will always be over shadowed by Richter.

Closed Thread