Lombardi article on the main page

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2004, 02:15 PM
looooob

vCash: 500
Lombardi article on the main page

article

Decent article I guess , based primarily on insight from our local Flames editor.

The author overuses the word pivot, but I digress

While I agree Lombardi's play has tailed off a little in the past few months (as is the case with many rookies) I would dispute the statement that his defensive play is that bad (he is a +8 and Sutter has used him on the PK)...he's certainly in the Flames long term plans

That said, Bailey goes on to state that “over the last 20 games or so, the inconsistencies that have plagued his career have become more evident.” To date “his defensive play has been a huge minus.” Although he has shown “some chemistry with Jarome Iginla when they have played together” Coach Darryl Sutter has been quick to take him off of the top line when he has not been minding his own end.

Now with Reinprecht back, it will be up to Lombardi, whom Bailey compares to “a young Cliff Ronning.” He “needs to work on his physical play and defensive zone coverage if he’s going to be in the Flames’ long term plans

Old
01-16-2004, 09:30 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

vCash: 500
I agree....Lombardi has had a semi-regular shift on the PK...and as a Sharks fan...when Sutter thinks you can't play 'd'...you don't see PK time.

Closed Thread