Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Equipment Question -Skate 4 broken ankle

09-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Try Brubag*****
vCash: 500
Equipment Question -Skate 4 broken ankle

I am on the road to recovery after breaking my fibula (ankle). I broke it pretty low towards where it connects to the tibia about 6 weeks ago. I am finally walking and driving without a cast or boot, but it hurts like H3ll, but i guess that is to be expected. After some more recovery/rehab, I am gonna have to buy a new set of skates since my old ones were a bit snug.

Has anyone been through this, or can anyone recommend any brand/style to look into?

(posted this in NHL forum To, wasn't sure where to go)

JRZ DVLS is offline   Reply With Quote
09-07-2007, 03:26 PM
My advice to you is to go try them on. CCM's are always a wider skate, but that is in the foot, not necessarily the ankle. Your best bet is to go to your pro shop and keep trying them on until you find one that will work. Broken ankles suck.

brymel is offline   Reply With Quote
09-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Check out Graf 707's. They were originally designed for just that purpose (recovery from an ankle injury).

peterj54 is offline   Reply With Quote
09-07-2007, 04:23 PM
vCash: 700
Yeah just try them on...but finding something to help with the ankle is a bit iffy. When I recently screwed up my ankle only thing I could reallly do was to use tape every time I hit the ice.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
09-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Redden Hogalot*
Contact Peter Forsberg he should know. No, actually he won't know.

Redden Hogalot* is offline   Reply With Quote
09-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Agree with everyone else get the skates that fit best, just make sure your ankle is ready to skate again.

Wrista33 is offline   Reply With Quote
11-16-2007, 05:22 PM
FM Game7 Skate - For bad ankles

I badly injured my right ankle water-skiing a couple of times and now have on-going stability, strength and range issues with it. I can't run very long or have a hard time playing court sports for example.

I started Fluid Motion sports to engineer a better and safer waterski boot system(s).

For hockey we took similar technology, but a totally different configuration/boot and created the Game7 skate. The skates I am so happy with, they just rip and are so comfortable. It has extended my competitive career. There are some videos on youtube from last year and one we did this year.

With all the problems that current skates have with respect to special needs, I believe the Game7 1080 concept is a worthy one. I also think our prototype is outright superior to conventionally constructed skates.

I would love to be able to take a crack at the Forsberg case. In water-skiing, as a constructor we currently own a couple of World and US National records, proof that the technology is world-class.

Thrasha81 is offline   Reply With Quote
11-18-2007, 01:41 AM
Another vote for the Graf 707. The boots take some of the pressure off of the ankle and spreads it around the top of the foot and the instep.

Flyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote