HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD#8 Foster Hewitt Round 1: #3 Victoria vs. #6 Dartmouth

Old
11-27-2007, 08:25 PM
BM67

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmullin View Post
Who is doing this series?
JFF

BM67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 08:28 PM
John Flyers Fan

writeups about to begin

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 08:37 PM
John Flyers Fan

Roy opens playoffs with a shutout

VICTORIA (AP) -- The Dartmouth Subways gave the Victoria Cougars a rude welcome back to the NHL playoffs.

Dale Hawerchuk scored two goals and Patrick Roy made 28 saves as the Subways beat the young, inexperienced Cougars 3-0 Thursday night to ruin Victoria's return to the postseason after a seven-year absence.

Dartmouth will try to take a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference series here Saturday.

"You want to try to get a series over with as quickly as possible," Roy said, stressing that the Subways aren't satisfied with winning Game 1 on the road.

"Our goal tonight was to try to win this game, and we did that. Now, we've got to go out on Saturday, play the same way and frustrate them. I'm sure they're going to make some adjustments. That's what playoff hockey is all about."

Roy handily won Round 1 of the key matchup between him and Victoria goalie Chuck Gardiner.

The Dartmouth goaltender recorded his twenty sixth career playoff shutout, stopping 10 shots to cling to a 1-0 lead early in the second period. His sensational play on a potential momentum-shifting shot by Cyclone Taylor left the coaches of both saying that save was the biggest of the night.

Hawerchuk scored his second goal three minutes later.

"That's the turning point. If they score there, it may be a different hockey game," Dartmouth coach Ted Nolan said. "We expect that out of Patty. He's given it to us all year, so why not tonight?"

Roy rejected 13 more shots in the third period, when the Cougars made a futile attempt to get back into the game after Joe Malone's goal made it 3-0 with just under 19 minutes to play.

"They ended up scoring at opportune times and we didn't," Victoria coach Glen Sather said.

"You look at the score. It's 3-0 and it's a blowout. It wasn't. There's so many little things that happened. Little things change the game. We need to force some breaks our way the next game."

Gardiner, a four-time All-Star, was instrumental in the third-seeded Cougars going 14-2-8 down the stretch.

But the Victoria goalie wasn't on top of his game Thursday night. The Subways were outshot 28-22, but made the most of their opportunities.

Hawerchuk, assisted by Joe Mullen and Ace Bailey, scored late in the first period. His scored the next time a two-on-one break, taking a pass from Paul Coffey and beating Gardiner after Victoria's Kevin Lowe turned the puck over in the neutral zone.

Victoria captain Pierre Pilote said the Cougars, which had 10 players making their playoff debuts, will bounce back.

"The series isn't over. There's a long way to go," the 14-year veteran said. "They've got to win three more games."

Old
11-27-2007, 08:50 PM
John Flyers Fan

Selanne has two goals, two assists as Subways take 2-0 lead

VICTORIA (AP) -- Teemu Selanne played as if he had something to prove.

A non-factor in the opening game of the first-round playoff series between Victoria and Dartmouth, the NHL's highest-paid player asserted himself from the start Saturday in the Subway's 6-3 victory over the Cougars.

Selanne finished with two goals and two assists. And, the sixth-seeded Subways, who took a 2-0 lead in the series, moved into position to eliminate third-seeded Victoria by winning Games 3 and 4 at home Tuesday and Wednesday.

"It's not over until you lose four games. We have two to go to win the series," Selanne said. "I've been on their side before and down two. It's definitely not over."

The loss was the fourth straight for the Cougars, who clinched their home-ice advantage for the first round with two games left in the regular season.

Now they have to regroup and try to save their season in Dartmouth, where they haven't won since Nov. 4, 2004 -- a span of 11 games.

"I know they have a stranglehold," Cougars coach Glen Sather said. "We need everything going to crawl back into this."

Kent Nilsson had two goals and one assist for Dartmouth. Selanne, meanwhile, didn't show any signs of being bothered by a sore right wrist after being limited to one shot in Game 1 on Thursday night.

The eight-time All-Star stopped a streak of eight games without a goal less than five minutes into the first period. He also had assists on goals by Nilsson and Joe Malone as the Subways played even better than in the opener when Dale Hawerchuk scored twice in a 3-0 victory.

The Subways traded for Selanne before last season and are paying him the highest salary in the league -- $9 million per year -- to get them over the playoff hump. Dartmouth was knocked out in the first round in 2004 and 2005, and didn't qualify last year.

Selanne's first goal was a work of beauty. He deked Ching Johnson, then skated around the retreating Victoria defenseman for a clear path to goalie Chuck Gardiner, who was unable to stop a wrist shot that deflected in off the left post.

"I don't really remember the first goal. I didn't even know I scored," Selanne said.

"I hit somebody wide and tried to go to the net. I used to play like that when I was 18 years old; when I had speed. I had a chance to go one-on-one. That's what I'm always looking for."

Nilsson made it 2-0 a little more than three minutes later. Victoria cut the lead on Toe Blake's goal, but fell behind by two goals again when Selanne -- assisted by Hawerchuk and Nilsson -- scored to make it 3-1 with less than two minutes remaining in the first.

Malone added Dartmouth's third power-play goal in the second period to make it 4-1 before Brian Bellows brought the Cougars back within two goals with 1:12 left in the second.

Nilsson's second goal, scored after Victoria's Dallas Smith failed to clear the puck, made it 5-2 just over three minutes in the final period. Vincent Damphousse cut the Cougar's deficit to 5-3 at 10:44, but Rick Tocchet added an empty-net goal for Dartmouth with less than a minute left.

"We scored the goals at the right time. But it's not about scoring goals it's about winning," Nilsson said. "We won the game, now we have to get ready for the next one."

Patrick Roy, who had 28 saves to get his twenty sixth career playoff shutout in Game 1, stopped 40 of 43 shots to outplay Gardiner again.

"I've had better games. Same time, I think, if we want to win the next game, we can't be playing the game short-handed," Gardiner said. "They have a very good power play, and it hurt us a lot today. I should have been better, but we've got to be more disciplined."

Old
11-27-2007, 09:05 PM
John Flyers Fan

I have to be up at 3am for work tomorrow .. the remainder of the series will be published tomorrow.

Old
11-27-2007, 09:11 PM
The_Hockey_Guy18

This is like one of those gameshow's, where the host is like...

And we'll find out the answer...right after the commercial break. Ouch. Great write-ups though JFF. Lets hope my Subs can keep it rolling.

Last edited by The_Hockey_Guy18: 11-27-2007 at 09:30 PM.
The_Hockey_Guy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 06:22 PM
John Flyers Fan

Cougars snap 11-game skid at Dartmouth Center

DARTMOUTH (AP) -- It took a very unusual development for Victoria to get some life in the playoffs -- a 5-on-3 power play in overtime.

Cyclone Taylor scored on the two-man advantage 2:29 into the extra period Tuesday night, giving the Cougars a 4-3 victory over the Dartmouth Subways and ending 4 years of frustration in Dartmouth.

"We thought if the penalties were going to even out, they would even out in the third period,'' said Dartmouth defensemen Dave Burrows, who became the critical second man in the box when he elbowed Joe Mullen in the head. "I don't think anyone expects a 5-on-3 in overtime.''

The victory reduced the Subways' first-round playoff series lead to 2-1 and snapped an 11-game Victoria losing streak at the Dartmouth Center. The Cougar's last road win over Dartmouth came on Nov. 4, 2002.

Game 4 is Wednesday night in Dartmouth.

"We don't feel the pressure,'' Victoria coach Glen Sather said. "No matter what happens in this series, we're not supposed to win it. So we're just going to continue to play.''

With Burrows and Teemu Selane off the ice, Taylow poked in an easy rebound for his second goal of the game, completing an odd twist to the series. The playoff-inexperienced Cougars have been taking bad penalties from the start -- including a few more Tuesday night -- but it was the Subways who were finally caught short in a major way.

Asked if he had ever seen a 5-on-3 overtime situation, Taylor said: "No -- but you've got to be disciplined.'' He then laughed, because it's been lack of discipline that has hurt the Cougars.

Taylor said he was surprised by the two-man advantage. "But at the same time, they've done a great job. It doesn't matter whether you're in overtime or in the third period with two minutes left in the game, it should always be the same. Sometimes they don't do that, but they did tonight.''

While Burrow's penalty was more obvious, Dartmouth coach Ted Nolan took issue with the roughing call on Selanne.

"It's a one-on-one battle away from the play you see a hundred times,'' Nolan said. "He saw it as roughing.''

Each team scored once in each of the three regulation periods, with Victoria taking the one-goal lead each time. Dartmouth defenseman Petr Svoboda sent the game into overtime with a late goal, and Tomas Sandstrom scored twice for the Subways after missing a first-period penalty shot.

The key to the game was Sather's decision to move Guy LaFleur to Taylor's first line. LaFleur made two assists from the rear boards and scored in the third period.

"We couldn't find an answer for them,'' Nolan said. "Tonight they were the difference. Let's face it: Young kids, you get thrown together and you have success early on.''

Svoboda tied the game from the slot with 2:56 to play, taking a brave centering pass from Selanne. Selanne was sandwiched while making the pass, took an elbow from Pierre Pilote and lay bleeding on the ice for about a minute.

Selanne didn't miss a shift, and no penalty was called -- although Selanne said he felt there should have been.

LaFleur had given Victoria the lead with 8:47 remaining after taking Toe Blake's well-timed pass at the blue line.

The Cougars again came out aggressive, taking their first lead of the series when LaFleur fed Taylor in the slot.

Sandstrom had a chance to tie it with his short-handed penalty shot, awarded after he was hooked to the ice by Blake, but his attempt was high and wide. He redeemed minutes later on a power play.

Old
11-28-2007, 06:33 PM
The_Hockey_Guy18

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
Cougars snap 11-game skid at Dartmouth Center

DARTMOUTH (AP) -- It took a very unusual development for Victoria to get some life in the playoffs -- a 5-on-3 power play in overtime.

Cyclone Taylor scored on the two-man advantage 2:29 into the extra period Tuesday night, giving the Cougars a 4-3 victory over the Dartmouth Subways and ending 4 years of frustration in Dartmouth.

"We thought if the penalties were going to even out, they would even out in the third period,'' said Dartmouth defensemen Dave Burrows, who became the critical second man in the box when he elbowed Joe Mullen in the head. "I don't think anyone expects a 5-on-3 in overtime.''

The victory reduced the Subways' first-round playoff series lead to 2-1 and snapped an 11-game Victoria losing streak at the Dartmouth Center. The Cougar's last road win over Dartmouth came on Nov. 4, 2002.

Game 4 is Wednesday night in Dartmouth.

"We don't feel the pressure,'' Victoria coach Glen Sather said. "No matter what happens in this series, we're not supposed to win it. So we're just going to continue to play.''

With Burrows and Teemu Selane off the ice, Taylow poked in an easy rebound for his second goal of the game, completing an odd twist to the series. The playoff-inexperienced Cougars have been taking bad penalties from the start -- including a few more Tuesday night -- but it was the Subways who were finally caught short in a major way.

Asked if he had ever seen a 5-on-3 overtime situation, Taylor said: "No -- but you've got to be disciplined.'' He then laughed, because it's been lack of discipline that has hurt the Cougars.

Taylor said he was surprised by the two-man advantage. "But at the same time, they've done a great job. It doesn't matter whether you're in overtime or in the third period with two minutes left in the game, it should always be the same. Sometimes they don't do that, but they did tonight.''

While Burrow's penalty was more obvious, Dartmouth coach Ted Nolan took issue with the roughing call on Selanne.

"It's a one-on-one battle away from the play you see a hundred times,'' Nolan said. "He saw it as roughing.''

Each team scored once in each of the three regulation periods, with Victoria taking the one-goal lead each time. Dartmouth defenseman Petr Svoboda sent the game into overtime with a late goal, and Tomas Sandstrom scored twice for the Subways after missing a first-period penalty shot.

The key to the game was Sather's decision to move Guy LaFleur to Taylor's first line. LaFleur made two assists from the rear boards and scored in the third period.

"We couldn't find an answer for them,'' Nolan said. "Tonight they were the difference. Let's face it: Young kids, you get thrown together and you have success early on.''

Svoboda tied the game from the slot with 2:56 to play, taking a brave centering pass from Selanne. Selanne was sandwiched while making the pass, took an elbow from Pierre Pilote and lay bleeding on the ice for about a minute.

Selanne didn't miss a shift, and no penalty was called -- although Selanne said he felt there should have been.

LaFleur had given Victoria the lead with 8:47 remaining after taking Toe Blake's well-timed pass at the blue line.

The Cougars again came out aggressive, taking their first lead of the series when LaFleur fed Taylor in the slot.

Sandstrom had a chance to tie it with his short-handed penalty shot, awarded after he was hooked to the ice by Blake, but his attempt was high and wide. He redeemed minutes later on a power play.
Just some minor concerns, JFF. Joey Mullen is on my team, as well as Burrows. Unless he elbowed his own player? As well, Tomas Sandstrom isn't dressed for the series.
Just a couple points though, I love the write-ups so far. Keep it up.

Old
11-28-2007, 06:34 PM
John Flyers Fan

LaFleur provides spark for Cougars

DARTMOUTH (AP) -- Guy LaFleur is a zone, and he's in no mood to stop and analyze how he got there.

For the second consecutive game, LaFleur provided the spark for the Victoria Cougars, scoring two goals in a 3-1 victory over the Dartmouth Subways that evened the first-round playoff series Wednesday night at 2-2.

"I'm not concentrating on figuring out why we're being so successful,'' LaFleur said. "I'm just trying to get as many chances as I can and create chances.

"When that stuff happens, you just go with it. You don't try to figure out why.''

Coach Glen Sather likes the new LaFleur.

"The key with Guy is that he's stopped thinking,'' Sather said. "He's a guy that reads between the lines and is thinking all the time. Sometimes you just need to play, react and use your instincts.''

Game 5 in the best-of-seven series is Friday in Victoria, which might or might not be good for the Cougars. The home team has lost every game of the series -- in fact, no home team has even had a lead.

"It's one of the screwiest sports around as far as home ice. No one wants it,'' Sather said. "I think a big plus for us right now is that we've played four games, and we're beginning to understand. I think we're learning our lessons.''

Toe Blake also scored the Lightning. Joe Mullen had Dartmouth's only goal.

The Subways now have to deal with an ugly past they considered long buried. They were the ATD's collapse artists in the 1990s, blowing a two-game series lead three times from 1992-96, a bit of history Sather revived this week when trying to motivate his players.

"We're a totally different team,'' Dartmouth goaltender Patrick Roy said. "We've got nine new players just since last year. Back in '99 everybody made a big thing about that, and we seemed to get that monkey off our back. So I don't think anybody's paying too much attention to it.''

LaFleur was moved to Taylor's line after the Cougars lost the first two games at home. The new line has since accounted, directly or indirectly, for all seven of Victoria's goals.

In the process, the line has done an amazing thing: It has managed to make Dan Bain's usually outstanding checking line -- the bedrock of Dartmouth's season -- look very pedestrian.

"They're a shutdown line. They take pride in it,'' Dartmouth coach Ted Nolan said. "This is the time of year you can make a name for yourself in that regard. I hope they are up to the challenge.''

Nolan countered the Cougars changes with some shuffling of his own. But the older Subways, playing on back-to-back nights, never really hit their stride against the younger Cougars.

"It's now a best of three,'' Roy said. "And we can't be the team that plays like a deer caught in headlights.''

Playing just 24 hours after an energetic overtime game, the teams had no goals or penalties in a ragged first period.

The intensity picked up early in the second, when Subways killed six minutes of penalties before LaFleur broke the scoreless tie with a nice run. Starting beyond the red line, he deked Adam Foote before beating Roy between the legs.

Mullen tied it when he deflected Paul Coffey's shot between goaltender Chuck Gardiner's legs, and the Subways' got more momentum when less than a minute later when Victoria committed its first penalty.

But Pierre Pilote blocked a shot, then forced Ace Bailey to turn the puck over to at the blue line. That created a two-man breakaway that ended when the Cougars captain fed LaFleur for the easy short-handed score.

"I don't think he expected me to come all the way over there,'' Pilote said. "Usually, a penalty killer is going to turn around and go to the net. It turns out to be a big play, a momentum changer.''

Taylor gave the Cougars some breathing room early in the third when he won a faceoff from Bain, then beat Bain to the puck to put in the rebound on Randy Carlyle's shot.

Old
11-28-2007, 06:46 PM
John Flyers Fan

Cougars on verge of playoff series victory

VICTORIA (AP) -- One of the smallest guys on the ice came up big again for Victoria.

Toe Blake, listed generously at 5-foot-10, 162 pounds, had a goal and an assist Friday night as the Cougars beat the Dartmouth Subways 2-1 to take a 3-2 lead in their first-round playoff series.

"He's got the heart of a 6-foot-6 guy. You know what the players think of a guy like that,'' teammate Kevin Lowe said after Victoria's third straight victory in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference matchup.

"He's invaluable. We don't look at him as a small guy. The way he plays, he has a big man's game.''

Blake, a first-time All-Star this season, has teamed with Cyclone Taylor and Guy LaFleur to score Victoria's last nine goals -- all four in Game 3, all three in Game 4 and both Friday night.

The Cougars, once a doormat franchise making its first postseason appearance in seven years, can win a series for the first time in 11-seasons hby taking Game 6 Sunday in Dartmouth.

Game 7 would be here Tuesday night.

"Obviously we're on a little high right now,'' Blake said. "You've got to calm down quick, because Sunday is going to come very fast. This is as big a win as anything experienced here. But there's a bigger one coming. That's the most important one.''

Guy LaFleur, who has four goals and three assists in the last three games, made a perfect pass to Blake to put the Lightning ahead for good with 8:07 remaining.

LaFleur, assisted by Blakr, scored in the first period. Chuck Gardiner had 22 saves as Victoria became the first home team to win in the series and pushed the Subways to brink of yet another postseason collapse.

Dartmouth, which won the first two games, has blown a two-game lead in the playoffs three times since 1992. Goaltender Patrick Roy is 1-4 in postseason games when the Subways face elimination.

"It's very frustrating. But at the same time, we've got to stay positive. This group of guys can win games,'' Subways right wing Rick Tocchet said. "I have all the confidence in everybody here that we can win two more games and move on.''

The third-seeded Cougars were all but counted out after losing the first two games at home. But have since regrouped to win Games 3 and 4 in dartmouth, and played so well on the road trip that coach Glen Sather tried to maintain the momentum by keeping the night-before-game road routine.

So, the Cougars stayed at a hotel Thursday night instead of sleeping in their own beds. What effect that had is open to debate; however Sather is not one to tinker when things are going well.

Victoria led 1-0 despite getting off only three shots in the opening period -- none in the first 12 minutes.

The Subways were 0-for-4 on the power play, but broke through against Gardiner when Dale Hawerchuk scored off a pass from Teemu Selanne 1-1 late in the second period.

The sixth-seeded Subways managed only five shots in the third period, though, and Gardiner made his biggest stop when he rejected Kent Nilsson's shot with under a minute left.

Victoria scored its first goal by taking advantage of a four-minute penalty on Royfor high-sticking Taylor after the goaltender accidently hit the Victoria center in the face after clearing the puck from behind the net.

Dartmouth coach Ted Nolan said it shouldn't have been a penalty.

"Rule 61, page 122 says that if a player shoots, he's allowed a windup or follow-through. On accidental contact, it's no penalty,'' Nolan said.

"It's a call that, to me, a referee didn't know the rule, and that frustrates you. Judgment calls you have to live with, you move on. ... But that's a rule that's in the rule book and the referee should know that rule. It's automatic and there should be no call.''

The Subways killed the first half of the penalty, but the persistent Cougars eventually made them pay. Blake fed LaFleur, who scored with 6:08 left in the opening period.

It was the first lead by a home team in the series.

The power-play goal was just the second in 19 opportunities for the Cougars, who were 1-for-3 in those situations Friday night.

Old
11-28-2007, 07:36 PM
John Flyers Fan

Cougars win fourth straight to finish off Subways

DARTMOUTH (AP) -- It took 11 seasons for the Victoria Cougars to win a playoff series, so they didn't care if it took a few extra overtimes.

Guy LaFleur scored his fifth goal of the series on a power play 4:03 into the third overtime Sunday to give the Cougars a 2-1 victory over the Dartmouth Subways.

The Cougars, after dropping the first two games at home, won four straight to win the best-of-seven series and advance in the playoffs for the first time in eleven years.

"It's been a long time coming, no question,'' Victoria coach Glen Sather said. "There's been some lean years out there. We're hoping we continue to go. You never know how far you're going in the playoffs, but you need to come back and do it again, and that's how you solidify your organization.

"We don't want this to be a one-year thing -- or a one-series thing.''

LaFleur scored on a power play after the Subways were whistled for too many men. LaFleur took Toe Blake's pass behind the net, circled to the right of the crease and put the shot above Patrick Roy's glove.

"We were fortunate,'' Sather said. "A power play at that time of the game, when both teams are so very tired, it's definitely an advantage.''

The culprit was defenseman Al Iafrate, who hopped off the bench too soon and found the puck at his stick. It was a tough blow for a team that lost Game 3 -- when leading the series 2-0 -- on a 5-on-3 overtime power play.

"He just was a little too excited to get out there,'' Dartmouth coach Ted Nolan said. "The way this whole series went, I was sitting in the locker room shaking my head, thinking we found a way to beat ourselves in terms of allowing those calls to be made, I guess.

"When you look at the way we lost games, sometimes it's just not to be.''

The Subways added another collapse to their playoff legacy, blowing a two-game series lead for the fourth time since 1992. They lost four straight -- something that didn't happen during the regular season -- and are 2-10 in their last 12 home playoff games.

Dartmouth failed to meet owner Jim Basillies' goal of winning a playoff series, despite the huge investment he's made in Teemu Selanne and other high-paid players.

It also hurt that the money-losing Subways failed to sell out any of their three home games in the series. Sunday's Easter attendance was 15,269 -- and that appeared very generous.

"I have to really reconsider the kind of commitment and investment I'm making with this team,'' Basille said. "I'm not a quitter. ... It was hard to see 14,000 fans. I don't like the treatment that we're getting from the building. The party's over. To play back-to-back games on Passover and Easter Sunday does not help.''

Basille was also dissatisfied with the officiating, including a dicey high-sticking call on Roy in Game 5.

"They made a cheap call on too many men on the ice that I don't understand,'' Basille said. "The third game really hurt us. The penalty on Roy was the wrong call. Every game at home or every pivotal game was in the hands of the refs. ... What I am disappointed in is the game continued to get taken out of the players' hands.''

Chuck Gardiner, inconsistent early in the series, was outstanding in overtime and finished with 60 saves for the Cougars. Roy had 44.

Victoria's Pierre Pilote sent the game to overtime with a power-play goal with 4:06 remaining in regulation. The puck came to him on a fortuitous deflection off the skate of Subways defenseman Adam Foote.

Kent Nilsson scored during a second-period power play for the Subways.

Pilote's goal was Victoria's first that wasn't scored by a member of the Taylor-LaFleur-Blake since it was formed in Game 3. Nolan put his top line -- led by selanne -- against the Taylor line this game and finally shut it down -- until LaFleurs' game-winner.

"We open the door for them, and Guy LaFleur's line kicked it down every time,'' Nolan said.

A roughing call after the whistle on Bill Guerin -- the type of penalty the Cougars avoided for the better part of three games -- led to Nilsson's fourth goal of the series.

That score ended an 0-for-13 power-play slump by the Subways. It also gave Dartmouth its first lead since the end of Game 2.

Old
11-28-2007, 08:00 PM
The_Hockey_Guy18

Gahhh, tough loss. Thought I was starting off strong there, but what can you do. Congrats to shawnmullin on a great series. You have a hell of a team there.

And to everyone here at the ATD, I would like to thank you for giving me a shot here in my first draft. I really enjoyed it, and I will definetely be back for #9. I'll still throw in some analysis here and there, as well as try and keep up with voting as well. Thanks again guys, best part of HFboards, right here.

Old
11-28-2007, 11:29 PM
shawnmullin

Send a message via AIM to shawnmullin Send a message via MSN to shawnmullin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hockey_Guy18 View Post
Gahhh, tough loss. Thought I was starting off strong there, but what can you do. Congrats to shawnmullin on a great series. You have a hell of a team there.

And to everyone here at the ATD, I would like to thank you for giving me a shot here in my first draft. I really enjoyed it, and I will definetely be back for #9. I'll still throw in some analysis here and there, as well as try and keep up with voting as well. Thanks again guys, best part of HFboards, right here.
Thanks Hockey Guy. You had me really nervous. Some heavyweights like Van Islander had you picked for an upset. Very good first entry. Better than mine for sure.

I hope you'll be back. If you had a little more solid of a checking line you easily could've had me IMO.

shawnmullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 11:32 PM
shawnmullin

Send a message via AIM to shawnmullin Send a message via MSN to shawnmullin
Oh and JFF, what made you think the Lightning/Capitals series was a good template for this one? I thought it worked out for sure. Lafleur as Martin St. Louis is solid.

shawnmullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Hockey Outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hockey_Guy18 View Post

I actually thought that this was your second draft, so that's a good sign. You just needed a few more two-way players, but that comes with experience.

Hockey Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote