HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 11/19 NY Islanders @ New York Rangers

Old
11-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Hockey MD

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
Lets Go Rangers!!!!!

Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Why wrong? There's no time I'd rather see a difficult matchup than when team is going well like it is now.
Well, we shall see.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 08:43 AM
Garv23

Let's go Rangers! It'd be nice to finally get a win against these guys. I have a feeling Avery will be real irritating tonight after not being happy with his last Ranger/Isles performance. Should be a big factor.

Orr scores on a breakaway in the 2nd.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Levitate

I somehow got roped into going to the Caps game tonight with my brother in law. I didn't even realize there was a Rangers game when the tickets were being bought.

Oh well. Hopefully they get a win tonight. I'll be glad when this string of division games is over

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 09:15 AM
In The Flesh

I don't think Jagr is sulking, he's playing alright, I could see him doing something in this game

Must win, cannot go 0-3 against them, this is our house, we need to put the smack down on the them, lets go fishing.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 09:16 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post
Yes, this game is a must win, we can't go 0-3 against the Isles no matter what.

http://www.nyrangers.com/gametime/preview.asp?id=3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I somehow got roped into going to the Caps game tonight with my brother in law. I didn't even realize there was a Rangers game when the tickets were being bought.

Oh well. Hopefully they get a win tonight. I'll be glad when this string of division games is over
oh boy, caps and cats, have fun with that one

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 09:19 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Hell of GDT Jorts, for a game against the Isles - I expect more.

Put a little effort into it next time. Logo's maybe? Records?

c'mon dude.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 09:24 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

I won't get to watch until after work in 60 (if it's on)

but....LETS GO BOYS!!

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Kind of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
I hope Malik is still hurt
I never post, but this drives me to post. This is absolutely classless. Obviously you've never played a competitive sport, otherwise you'd never celebrate someone's injury. Try putting yourself in the athlete's shoes and gain some perspective.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 09:38 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Well, we shall see.
Shadow, I can only hope you don't have kids.

"Good luck on your spelling test today, son. I mean, I know you're pretty sucky at spelling, but maybe you'll prove me wrong."

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Here's hoping the Isles are a little rusty from not playing a whole lot in the past week or so.

Continue the dominance at home bouys!

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Shadow, I can only hope you don't have kids.

"Good luck on your spelling test today, son. I mean, I know you're pretty sucky at spelling, but maybe you'll prove me wrong."

What a rather $hitty thing to say. Would it be fair of me to hope you don't have kids so that there is at least one less child in the world who'll grow up worshipping mediocrity which was learned from their father who didn’t have the sack to demand quality or the brains to think critically?

Last edited by Shadowtron: 11-19-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old
11-19-2007, 10:10 AM
lebear
I have no idea

what's this, 5-3, 8-0, 7-2?

I'm thinking the opposite, like 2-1 or something.

lebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:11 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Playing the Islanders reminds me of the scene in Rocky II when Apoolo's trainer tries talking him out of the a rematch with Rocky.

"He's all wrong for you."

The Islanders are all wrong for us. Hoping for the best, but I'm expecting the worst.
I don't get why everybody thinks the Isles have had our number this year as I thought we badly utplayed them in the 1st game out there this year but lost 1-0 and then in the 2nd game I thought we were the better team but they capitalized on some 3rd period mistakes but we had outplayed them to that point and just blew the 3rd period lead which isn't going to happen to often.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:14 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
LETS GO RANGERS!!! this is a huge game...we are on a huge roll and im hoping for a nice shutdown of these islanders

4-2 ranger win

Drury with 2, Shanny, Avery

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:17 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Playing the Islanders reminds me of the scene in Rocky II when Apoolo's trainer tries talking him out of the a rematch with Rocky.

"He's all wrong for you."

The Islanders are all wrong for us. Hoping for the best, but I'm expecting the worst.
I don't get why everybody thinks the Isles have had our number this year as I thought we badly utplayed them in the 1st game out there this year but lost 1-0 and then in the 2nd game I thought we were the better team but they capitalized on some 3rd period mistakes but we had outplayed them to that point and just blew the 3rd period lead which isn't going to happen to often.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:18 AM
The_Captain

Let's go Rangers!!!

The_Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post
The problem is, as I see it anyway, that we allow them to play their game. They come in pumped and it seems to neutralize us. It doesn't appear as though we bring the same energy to this rivalry. We play solid defense through most of the season, then the Islanders come in and we're scrambling. I just don't like the match-up. Not saying we can't win. Just don't like the match-up.

Old
11-19-2007, 10:26 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
The Rangers need to match the Islanders intensity and hustle for a full 60 minutes. The Rangers have played some bad periods in the last three or four games. They can't afford to do that against the Isles, because Nolan has this team playing excellent hockey against the Rangers.

If the Rangers can match the Isles energy for a full three periods, I expect a rather low-scoring game.

It would be nice to see Drury and Jagr step up and score some goals, especially on the power play to get things going.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Choice

Quote:
The problem is, as I see it anyway, that we allow them to play their game. They come in pumped and it seems to neutralize us. It doesn't appear as though we bring the same energy to this rivalry. We play solid defense through most of the season, then the Islanders come in and we're scrambling. I just don't like the match-up. Not saying we can't win. Just don't like the match-up.
I agree that the Isles seem to come in more pumped and aggressive in these games. Especially DP. But I also believe the Rangers are way more talented, and thats what wins out in the end.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
In the last game, which was the 2nd of game of a back-to-back, I think we lost our concentration, and found ourselves scrambling to play the Isles' game. Tonight, if we can keep our current game plan, we should be able to win at home. We just can't get too excited and try to run-and-gun with the Isles.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
I agree that the Isles seem to come in more pumped and aggressive in these games. Especially DP. But I also believe the Rangers are way more talented, and thats what wins out in the end.
Agree. But we have to play our game too.

Old
11-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
I don't think the problems the Islanders have given the Rangers so far are due to personnel match-up issues. The reason why the Islanders play so well against the Rangers can be attributed to the fact that they have one of the best coaches in the game. I HATE Ted Nolan, but that guy knows his way around a bench and he always seems to have the correct game plan in place to neutralize the Rangers talent advantage.

That said, I expect another intense, yet relatively low scoring game. I've seen someone here post that they expect the score to be 8-5?!?!? Not with Dipi and Henrik between the pipes. This game will be won 3-2, I just hope the blueshirts find a way to come out on top.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
stc1709*

Send a message via AIM to stc1709*
and ill be at the garden tonight section 425 w00t

stc1709* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
In the last game, which was the 2nd of game of a back-to-back, I think we lost our concentration, and found ourselves scrambling to play the Isles' game. Tonight, if we can keep our current game plan, we should be able to win at home. We just can't get too excited and try to run-and-gun with the Isles.

Perfectly said.