HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 11/19 NY Islanders @ New York Rangers

Old
11-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Nich

vCash: 500
lets go rangers....keep it going

i have a feeling the dawes - drury - prucha line is going to tear it up tonight.....3 goals, 5 assists.....i won't ruin the fun and tell you who gets what....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27 View Post
I don't think the problems the Islanders have given the Rangers so far are due to personnel match-up issues. The reason why the Islanders play so well against the Rangers can be attributed to the fact that they have one of the best coaches in the game. I HATE Ted Nolan, but that guy knows his way around a bench and he always seems to have the correct game plan in place to neutralize the Rangers talent advantage.

That said, I expect another intense, yet relatively low scoring game. I've seen someone here post that they expect the score to be 8-5?!?!? Not with Dipi and Henrik between the pipes. This game will be won 3-2, I just hope the blueshirts find a way to come out on top.
Which why it's no coincedence that this losing streak to the Islanders started last season...his first behind their bench.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:40 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
What a rather $hitty thing to say. Would it be fair of me to hope you don't have kids so that there is at least one less child in the world who'll grow up worshipping mediocrity which was learned from their father who didn’t have the sack to demand quality or the brains to think critically?
Jeez dude, calm down it was just a joke. Just saying that a little optimism never hurt anyone.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
Which why it's no coincedence that this losing streak to the Islanders started last season...his first behind their bench.
Exactly. The guy knows what he is doing. Let's hope Renney has learned some lessons from the first two games this year.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Karan

Lets Go Rangers, Lets Go! Time to take out the trash.

Karan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:44 AM
broadwayblue

Big game tonight...6 in a row sounds very nice.

Looking for a big game from Henrik tonight. Since his time off he hasn't looked his best. Not bad by any stretch, but not his usual Henrik-like self. He just seems to be fighting things a little bit. Hopefully being back on Garden ice will get him back on his game.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:

Perfectly said.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Jeez dude, calm down it was just a joke. Just saying that a little optimism never hurt anyone.
Sorry...calling me a bad father is not a joke. If that's your idea of humor, then kindly put me on your ignore list because I DON'T find it funny. As the father of two awesome girls, I find it extremely offensive. Only in the bizarro, unreality of the HF World does ones reactions to a team epitomize the sole essence of a human being. Since I'm not confident in our chances, then it's obvious I'd be a bad father. What a *********. I'd ask you to remove the comment, but I have nothing but low expectations for most of the people on this board and expect it to remain with even more spin in later responses.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:57 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

There is NO team in the NHL that gets more up for the Rangers than the Islanders. This game is a real test. The Isles will be aggressive and they will not give up untill the last buzzer sounds. Their goaltender is just as good as Lundqvist, at least when he plays against the Rangers.

The Islanders take more pride in beating the Rangers than the Rangers do in beating them. They want it more.

Rangers are and have been a more talented team. The only reason they lose to the Isles is because one team wants it more.

Who is going to want it more tonight?

11-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Levitate

^^^^ The Rangers just need to start the game ready to go and not put in another lazy first 10 minutes. It'll be a lot harder to come back from 2-0 against the Isles than it was against the Pens. The Rangers are more talented, but they just have to outwork the Isles from the start

Haha, fantastic

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
There is NO team in the NHL that gets more up for the Rangers than the Islanders. This game is a real test. The Isles will be aggressive and they will not give up untill the last buzzer sounds. Their goaltender is just as good as Lundqvist, at least when he plays against the Rangers.

The Islanders take more pride in beating the Rangers than the Rangers do in beating them. They want it more.

Rangers are and have been a more talented team. The only reason they lose to the Isles is because one team wants it more.

Who is going to want it more tonight?
This has been posted in the last 4 gameday threads

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:01 AM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
lets flush these turds.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:03 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Renney better get the troops ready!! No way they drop 3 straight to the fishsticks.

I say 5-2 Rangers.

Jagr, Gomez, Drury with a pair, Prucha with an empty netter.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:12 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
This has been posted in the last 4 gameday threads

Well every game does present a certain test. Keeping Sid and Malkin under wraps, matching the physical play of the Flyers, Getting the pucks behind Brodeur etc

But the Islanders are just more intense. That franchise and their fanbase truely hates the Rangers and their fans. They always go the extra mile to prove they are a better team tham the Rangers.

They take a special pride in beating the Rangers. Its always the most important game on the calander weather they are in last place or fighting for 1st. Thats why they always lose the game that follows. The Ranger games get ALL of their passion, all of their mojo

Thats why they beat us

Thats why its SO SWEET when the Rangers do win. You know you just beat a team that DESPERATELY wanted to beat you badly.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:25 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMessier11 View Post
Renney better get the troops ready!! No way they drop 3 straight to the fishsticks.
I say 5-2 Rangers.

Jagr, Gomez, Drury with a pair, Prucha with an empty netter.
Exactly, i hope they take this game a little more seriously than others, especailly after losing 2 already to them. You lose to the fishes at MSG, thats an embarassment.

Can we actually do some damage on Dippy tonight, i really don't want a goalie dual, can we get an alll out assault one of these nights, jeez.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:27 AM
HuetIs39

Any news on Straka's MRI?

HuetIs39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:46 AM
cr7

6 in a row sounds nice, but so does 10-0-0 in last 10 games

cr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:47 AM
94now

We will prevail. We may loose Wed, but not tonight. Isles are due for a losing streak. It would be nice to get a shutout to boost Henrik's confidence. 2-0. Tyutin, Prucha.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Karan

Simply gotta love the inferiority complex blatantly on dislay by the Piles fan at the moment, or before any Rangers-Islanders game tbh. Always amusing to see them pick up on any little detail they can to make themselves like they have the better team.

Old
11-19-2007, 11:55 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranB View Post
Simply gotta love the inferiority complex blatantly on dislay by the Piles fan at the moment, or before any Rangers-Islanders game tbh. Always amusing to see them pick up on any little detail they can to make themselves like they have the better team.
i love how they're complaining that a lot of our wins have surrendered loser points. So what, a win is a win, at this point you can't worry about that ****, just worry about leaving with 2 pts, I could care less about the other team getting a point, as long as we keep getting 2 pts, nothing will catch us, thats all you worry about.

Old
11-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Karan

Exactly. Its all about keeping your head above the water, which we've been finding ways to do of late so why not.

Old
11-19-2007, 11:57 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I wouldnt get too cocky tonight, this Islander team has been up and down lately and Satan has been killing the Rangers.

I'd like to see more body work tonight, early, because I think the Isles are going to come out and try to literally knock the Rangers off their game.

Once again, I am kindly asking Drury to get it going. They need his old self to show up tonight when it counts.

Not to mention the Power Play, which might be the key to this game.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:59 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I wouldnt get too cocky tonight, this Islander team has been up and down lately and Satan has been killing the Rangers.

I'd like to see more body work tonight, early, because I think the Isles are going to come out and try to literally knock the Rangers off their game.

Once again, I am kindly asking Drury to get it going.
Not to mention the Powerplay, which might be the key to this game.
It'd be nice if he came up big in one of these games.

Old
11-19-2007, 12:00 PM
nyscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
i love how they're complaining that a lot of our wins have surrendered loser points. So what, a win is a win, at this point you can't worry about that ****, just worry about leaving with 2 pts, I could care less about the other team getting a point, as long as we keep getting 2 pts, nothing will catch us, thats all you worry about.
Have to disagree with you on that point. A win in regulation /=a win in OT. Those extra points CAN come back to haunt you. Look at last years 8th spot, and how close that one was.

nyscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 12:02 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyscene View Post
Have to disagree with you on that point. A win in regulation /=a win in OT. Those extra points CAN come back to haunt you. Look at last years 8th spot, and how close that one was.
I understand that the pts can come back and haunt you, but only if you completely tank at some point in the season, as long as they keep winning and racking up any and all pts possible (keep their head above water, like KaranB said) then they can't worry about surrendering loser pts and other teams catching them. Of course I'd rather have a regulation win, but if you gotta go to OT/SO to finish it, so be it.