HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Rant

Old
11-19-2007, 09:29 AM
facts

vCash: 500
The Rant

I found it interesting that Stevens is planning a sit down with Biron to discuss his Jekyl and Hyde performances of late. Agreed to a point that he has been less than stellar but I think most would agree that he is not the most concerning of our problems.

Mike Knuble- Loyal yes, but also slow, difficult to find line mates for and taking up lots of valuable ice time.
Dany Briere- His play has been alright but he takes the worst penalties and lots of them to date, he needs to be more consistant
Kimmo Timonen- Average to say the least, I think maybe the expectations are matching his salary too high
Scott Hartnell- awful, the tangibles that Stevens is praising him for are being achieved by Eager nightly.......when he is in the lineup.
R.J. Umberger- Needs to play with the same intensity for more than a period per game.

Maybe Stevens should address some of these concerns or maybe the predictable outcomes which lie ahead for this team namely 2 predictable losses in a row to Jersey surprise, surprise Brodeur would be at 600 much faster if we had to play them anymore that 8 times a year. Ottawa will kill us and Carolina will spank us pretty good to- very negative but true. So why is that? Because it is predetermined destiny by this team, they are alright with mediocrocy. There is not one other team in this league that is as predicable in the win loss column than the Flyers whom appear satisfied with the past as a measure for the future. So instead of wondering about Biron wonder about the teams mental approach and desire while playing.

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 02:36 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 4800
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
This is so wrong on so many levels.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
This is so wrong on so many levels.
Mainly that it barely qualifies as 'a rant' let alone 'The Rant.'

'A succession of quibbles' is more like it.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 04:23 PM
flyboys15

Umberger's name shouldn't be anywheres close to this "rant" IMO...

We're in the toughest division in the league right now and we are sitting in second place while we address some issues...I'm not trying to downplay my fears that we are slipping but every team in the Atlantic has been whacked around at some point early on, everyone has responded...I don't see why we can't do the same.

flyboys15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by facts View Post

Brodeur would be at 600 much faster if we had to play them anymore that 8 times a year.

I wholeheartedly agree with this point!

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:05 PM
BWAVgal
Clever comment here

vCash: 176
Everyone has their own opinion.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Brown21

Agreed, mostly

There are a lot of good points here. We do need more consistency in goal, but we also need better/more consistant play from our top players (Briere - Hasn't played very smart, Knuble - When he's not standing in front of the net, it's usually painful to watch, Hartnell - Just expected more, Carter - He needs to hit the net more with his shots).

Brown21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 12:47 PM
BWAVgal
Clever comment here

vCash: 176
Knuble, I love him God help me, just looks completely out of place anymore. He was great ever since we got him but this year, he just looks slow and out of sorts.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote