HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wings vs. Yotes

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2004, 06:59 PM
hbk

vCash: 500
Wings vs. Yotes

I only managed to catch the 3rd period but came away very impressed with how our boys played. Yes, you can argue we left points on the table again tonight but you have to keep in mind that this is an extremely talented team in the Wings and we played them tough. It was a very entertaining third period with a fantastic goal by Sjostrom and a bit of a lucky goal from Zetterberg who scored in a goal mouth scramble when everyone thought the puck was frozen and the ref was literally a half second away from calling the play dead. Good things happen to good teams though and we didn't role over. If fact we put a lot of pressure on in the dieing second that brought everyone out of their seats. Great game.

Some thoughts:
1) Tanabe looks like he's gone for a game or two. Took a nasty hit into the boards and looks like his leg is hurt. We could have used him for the four on four.

2) Sjostrom. Great goal. Great skill in this kid. Notice how there is still not a peep on him on the main boards. I think that will change because Wing fans will take notice of that goal on Cujo.

3) Doan. I have to be honest. Doan is a top 5 powerforward in the league right now. No question. Easily the MVP this year. Hands down.

4) Savage. He's hot and when he's hot he scores lots of goals. He's earning his cash and likely increasing his market value for the trade deadline. If he hits twenty goals, that might be enough to sway one team.

5) Vaananen. I like when he hits. He has to play big and mean. Starting to do that with more authority. In a couple of years he will be highly regarded around the league.

6) Langkow. Very quiet 12 goals this year. He started out poorly this year, no question. Langkow has been one of my favorites in recent years and with the fast rise of Nagy and Doan on the stats charts this year, Langkow's improved game has gone largely unnoticed. He's now probably our 3rd or 4th best forward. He's a keeper.

Old
01-18-2004, 12:49 AM
roadrunner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
I only managed to catch the 3rd period but came away very impressed with how our boys played. Yes, you can argue we left points on the table again tonight but you have to keep in mind that this is an extremely talented team in the Wings and we played them tough. It was a very entertaining third period with a fantastic goal by Sjostrom and a bit of a lucky goal from Zetterberg who scored in a goal mouth scramble when everyone thought the puck was frozen and the ref was literally a half second away from calling the play dead. Good things happen to good teams though and we didn't role over. If fact we put a lot of pressure on in the dieing second that brought everyone out of their seats. Great game.

Some thoughts:
1) Tanabe looks like he's gone for a game or two. Took a nasty hit into the boards and looks like his leg is hurt. We could have used him for the four on four.

2) Sjostrom. Great goal. Great skill in this kid. Notice how there is still not a peep on him on the main boards. I think that will change because Wing fans will take notice of that goal on Cujo.

3) Doan. I have to be honest. Doan is a top 5 powerforward in the league right now. No question. Easily the MVP this year. Hands down.

4) Savage. He's hot and when he's hot he scores lots of goals. He's earning his cash and likely increasing his market value for the trade deadline. If he hits twenty goals, that might be enough to sway one team.

5) Vaananen. I like when he hits. He has to play big and mean. Starting to do that with more authority. In a couple of years he will be highly regarded around the league.

6) Langkow. Very quiet 12 goals this year. He started out poorly this year, no question. Langkow has been one of my favorites in recent years and with the fast rise of Nagy and Doan on the stats charts this year, Langkow's improved game has gone largely unnoticed. He's now probably our 3rd or 4th best forward. He's a keeper.
Great post as I didn't get to see this one. Randomly, I thought of Cale Hulse. His minutes in the boxscore totals must reflect something good. Is he the rock back there? Frankly, he has surprised me with his solid play.

Closed Thread