HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

i was just thinking......

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2007, 09:36 PM
  #1
BlairBettsBlocks
 
BlairBettsBlocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Manhattan,NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 978
vCash: 500
i was just thinking......

Holy $*%# What The %^#@
Hossa
Its Called A Backhander
Powerplay
Try Passing The Puck, Not Tapping It And Praying It Gets There!

%^$^ ^%&% ^%&^% @#%!
that is all
probobly get deleted but ey
whatever

BlairBettsBlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 09:44 PM
  #2
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
I blame Renney as much as Hossa here. Any other team and any other coach and Hossa would not have even sniffed the top line right now

We need Straka badly. Hell, anyone right now would be a massive upgrade over Hossa right now

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 09:46 PM
  #3
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,850
vCash: 500
Hossa is a 4th liner, i think it should be clear as day for everyone by now. Hes been playing on the first line for what.....14 games? something like that? and zero goals to show for it?!


sheesh.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 09:49 PM
  #4
dank
Registered User
 
dank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,867
vCash: 500
Hossa socks..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 09:55 PM
  #5
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
After 3 years and numerous players partaking in the PP, there is absolutely nobody left to blame but the coaching staff. WE NEED a special teams coach right now.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:19 PM
  #6
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,726
vCash: 500
Hossa is a bum, i defended him last year about this time against all the Hossa bashers but now I can't, he's got skills but he's so inconsistant its intolerable.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 10:20 PM
  #7
BklyNYR4Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
never liked hossa on the top line. like it less and less game by game

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:03 PM
  #8
Karan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,901
vCash: 500
Montreal is probably laughing at us thinking "You're playing that scrub on your first line, with Jagr?!"

Karan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:15 PM
  #9
Vatchern
Registered User
 
Vatchern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 319
vCash: 500
There is no room for Hossa right now on our team... well, when Straka returns there isn't. Maybe some team might be in the market for him? Maybe Hossa for a 2nd rounder straight up? Im sure atlanta wouldn't mind pairing up the Hossa brothers.

Or, Maybe trade Hossa to LA for Matt Moulson straight up. He would make an interesting line with Gomez and Dawes.

Vatchern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:15 PM
  #10
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 50
How do you not shoot the puck after Prucha made a nice move and pass to completely get DP down and out of the play... I almost threw the remote through the television. And both goals by the Fishsticks Hossa didn't properly play his man. I think it should be clear who the first man to the bench should be when Cally and Straka return...

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:36 PM
  #11
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Hossa is a 4th liner, i think it should be clear as day for everyone by now. Hes been playing on the first line for what.....14 games? something like that? and zero goals to show for it?!


sheesh.
why not have Avery with Dubinsky and Jagr that would be the smart thing, Avery is much quicker than Hossa and get to loose pucks and make something happen.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 12:58 AM
  #12
dank
Registered User
 
dank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,867
vCash: 500
no reason for him on top line anymore with Dubinsky being a "big body" just like Hossa. Need a nippier player there, Straka will be good..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 01:05 AM
  #13
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,185
vCash: 500
hossa sucked tonite.......he has had his chance that all of the hossa lovers wanted at the beginning of the season and he has done nothing with it.....he should be sat......possibly a 4th liner....maybe...if he is given a roster spot over dawes or prucha or callahan i will kill someone(not literally)

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 01:06 AM
  #14
GratefulDead
 
GratefulDead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hoboken, NJ / LI, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
i love the "big body" and "boards" arguements floated around. ISNT THAT WHAT JAGR DOES?

GratefulDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 02:18 AM
  #15
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Well finally, Its about time, time for Hossa to go. Hes a depth player that should be sitting once Cally & Straka get back.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 03:33 AM
  #16
GarretJoseph
Registered User
 
GarretJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Well finally, Its about time, time for Hossa to go. Hes a depth player that should be sitting once Cally & Straka get back.
x2

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 08:12 AM
  #17
Jay88*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Hossa is a bum, i defended him last year about this time against all the Hossa bashers but now I can't, he's got skills but he's so inconsistant its intolerable.
I feel the same I just never supported him.

The guy sucks as in 17/18 games playing frist line has been useless. He is lazy, inconsistent, hasnot one bit of offensiev awareness. He alomost seems like he doesnt care out there. he cant pass, never shoots, never handles the puck passes it rght off when he gets it. he had a couple good opportunities and didnt even take a lsight advantage of them.

Didnt like whenNYR first acquired him and still dont. This guy is a border line/AHL hockey player, thatsall. It needs to be recognized.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 08:14 AM
  #18
Jay88*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
hossa sucked tonite.......he has had his chance that all of the hossa lovers wanted at the beginning of the season and he has done nothing with it.....he should be sat......possibly a 4th liner....maybe...if he is given a roster spot over dawes or prucha or callahan i will kill someone(not literally)
Right now to be honest Orr and Hollweg provide more than him. Hossa offers no hustke and no heart along with everything else in the post above I stated. a BUM.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 09:06 AM
  #19
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
Right now to be honest Orr and Hollweg provide more than him. Hossa offers no hustke and no heart along with everything else in the post above I stated. a BUM.
The simple fact is Hossa has pretty much played himself out of the lineup, Orr & Hollweg have played better, & they don't have the pressure to score & put up points like Hossa was expected too.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 09:17 AM
  #20
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
lets just hope that simple fact isnt lost on Renney...

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 09:24 AM
  #21
Fata
 
Fata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
How do you not shoot the puck after Prucha made a nice move and pass to completely get DP down and out of the play... I almost threw the remote through the television. And both goals by the Fishsticks Hossa didn't properly play his man. I think it should be clear who the first man to the bench should be when Cally and Straka return...
I find myself yelling "shoot" at the TV a little bit too much lately. The puck can't go in the net if your just handling / passing the puck and don't even attempt a shot.

Fata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 09:58 AM
  #22
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
I too am counting the days until Straka rejoins Jagr's line. But do you guys remember how Hossa was playing this time last year with Jagr and Nylander? Pretty damn well. That may be more of a credit to Nylander and Jagr than anything else, but I think that is what Tom Renney has in mind when he inserts Hossa in his current spot.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 10:18 AM
  #23
Jay88*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
The simple fact is Hossa has pretty much played himself out of the lineup, Orr & Hollweg have played better, & they don't have the pressure to score & put up points like Hossa was expected too.
They dont have the pressure of Hossa, but Hossa was a first round pick, did look like he has the skills. So there will be pressure and expectations on any 1strounder. And ofcourse playing on the 1st line is pressure but at times he shows he can be dominant, but unfortunatley most of the time he is inconsistent and doesnt seem to have the heart. mayube he should play in russia or Sweden that might fit him better.

there is no excuse for Hossa, he was giiven a decent chance in MTL and very good chance here and fell through. Atleast hustle and play hard make an effort, he just doesnt. Atleast show you belong in the lineup, if yuou cant score, pass ,forecheck, then hustle skate hard thorw body checks show emotion and he dont. he did this to himself, no one did this to him. thats just my opinion.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 11:07 AM
  #24
HenrikO'doyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
They dont have the pressure of Hossa, but Hossa was a first round pick, did look like he has the skills. So there will be pressure and expectations on any 1strounder. And ofcourse playing on the 1st line is pressure but at times he shows he can be dominant, but unfortunatley most of the time he is inconsistent and doesnt seem to have the heart. mayube he should play in russia or Sweden that might fit him better.

there is no excuse for Hossa, he was giiven a decent chance in MTL and very good chance here and fell through. Atleast hustle and play hard make an effort, he just doesnt. Atleast show you belong in the lineup, if yuou cant score, pass ,forecheck, then hustle skate hard thorw body checks show emotion and he dont. he did this to himself, no one did this to him. thats just my opinion.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Last year when people wanted Orr and Hollweg benched (some do this year) and this guy playing I disagreed. I know some want him on the 4th line which is a lot better than the 1st line however Id be pissed if Orr and Hollweg sat for this bum. He cant score or play offense. And the hustle is what kills me, he has no emotion and definitely no balls, he wont hit or fight to make up for his lack of offense. Ive never seen him play hard to make up for what he cant do. Orr and Hollweg dont have offensive skills however they play hard and show energy. Hossa is a ***** who should be cut from this team, Id rather have Scatchard over Hossa.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 11:12 AM
  #25
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Last year when people wanted Orr and Hollweg benched (some do this year) and this guy playing I disagreed. I know some want him on the 4th line which is a lot better than the 1st line however Id be pissed if Orr and Hollweg sat for this bum. He cant score or play offense. And the hustle is what kills me, he has no emotion and definitely no balls, he wont hit or fight to make up for his lack of offense. Ive never seen him play hard to make up for what he cant do. Orr and Hollweg dont have offensive skills however they play hard and show energy. Hossa is a ***** who should be cut from this team, Id rather have Scatchard over Hossa.
id rather have korpikoski or byers on the team than hossa at least they bring energy and good work ethic.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.