HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My observations and potential about Ribeiro

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2004, 09:05 AM
Crusher20

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
My observations and potential about Ribeiro

As a hab fan i'll tell you my opinion about Ribeiro, take it or leave it. hehe

I still see a lot of unuse potential, why? this guy as always had a incredible vision i mean not talking Koivu passing vision or Weight passing vision or even Oates, I'm talking a new kind of vision a vision that he couldnt even make his teamates understand he just do things no one would think of, thats the first thing ill come to this a little bit later, now he was and still his a slow skater but he as improved he took so long for him to find a effective way to skate but still is too slow for the NHL standards wich creates a problem for a small player like him.. so so far he isnt anything you want on a 'good' nhler. now what does he make now that make him produce and what makes me believe he has more potential than what he actually is doing?

- he is a smartass kid, he is a guy from the street and as a great respect for him and for his convictions, and his main goal is to be the best he can. wich makes him a player who works on all his weakness.

- he as been working hard and learning pretty fast, players dont have to adjust to his weird and exceptional passing vision, HE is adapting to them wich is making a big difference, just look at his stats, he isnt playing with good player there. yes Zednik is and is mainly just a 25-30 goal scorer and the other one is Dagenais wich is a depth player with a great shot and long time junior partner. still is putting the numbers and even the +/- is there.

- he as been working on ways to catch up for his weakness, like the puck control and puck protection, and has been learning a lot by seeing Koivu wich is a master of doing so even if a small player. a la ribeiro. that as been making a huge difference because in the past ribeiro was knock off the puck easily in the boards, not anymore Ribeiro most of the time finnishes with the puck and can then make a nice pass to whoever is available.

- his attitude, this guy is no loser he wont tolerate defeat and will do anything he need to become better he also wont get intimidate by anyone wich make his potential bigger.

all this to tell you one thing, Ribeiro is good not great yet but might become a 80-90pts player if he reaches is full potential. he was destroying the league when he didnt even give his 100% in the LHJMQ. he did score 167pts in 67 games. hehe there isnt much player who could do that. he takes time to become productive in the NHL when you are slow and small. but some special players can overcome that, will he be one of those, i believe he will, time will tell.

anyway hehe thats my take on him. i do believe I'm right

Old
01-17-2004, 06:56 AM
Garnet

Riberio

Riberio new this season is his chance to succeed and become a top two line center in the NHL. He's quicker and better defensively this season and the stats will tell you that. The thing that has impressed me the most is he doesn't get rubbed out along the boards as much as he once did. Hes got 37pts in 47 games on pace for about a 60+ season in his first full season in the NHL. The one thing that gets me is hes been consistent putting up points this season, and a lot on 5 on 5. You don't need to be fast if you can think two plays ahead.

Old
01-17-2004, 07:11 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet
Riberio new this season is his chance to succeed and become a top two line center in the NHL. He's quicker and better defensively this season and the stats will tell you that. The thing that has impressed me the most is he doesn't get rubbed out along the boards as much as he once did. Hes got 37pts in 47 games on pace for about a 60+ season in his first full season in the NHL. The one thing that gets me is hes been consistent putting up points this season, and a lot on 5 on 5. You don't need to be fast if you can think two plays ahead.
That guy has a lot of talent and some people cant just accept it. He crushed the Q when he played and even outclassed lecavalier by a mile. He's not that bad on his own end as people think he is. With his great hands and vision hes alway able to get out of trouble in the defensive zone. BTW he's not that small at 6'0 177 nd he can only get bigger and faster. For the people who still doesnt believe in him, hi 37 points in 45 gmes are better than Spezza in a strong Ottawa team and way better than Lecavalier who plays with better linemates.

Old
01-17-2004, 07:59 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
That guy has a lot of talent and some people cant just accept it. He crushed the Q when he played and even outclassed lecavalier by a mile. He's not that bad on his own end as people think he is. With his great hands and vision hes alway able to get out of trouble in the defensive zone. BTW he's not that small at 6'0 177 nd he can only get bigger and faster. For the people who still doesnt believe in him, hi 37 points in 45 gmes are better than Spezza in a strong Ottawa team and way better than Lecavalier who plays with better linemates.
Not to mention that he is only 5 pts away from being a top 10 point producer in the NHL.

His skills are great, he isn't small at 6'0, that is the average but he is smart and knows how to play the game. He is also becoming more of a leader on the team. He doesn't mind to have to carry the offensive load (like he did in the begining of the season) and I always believed he was 2nd line centre or better potentiel even though pple said he was 4th line materiel. The more skills his linemates will have, the more points he will put up.

Old
01-17-2004, 08:33 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20
As a hab fan i'll tell you my opinion about Ribeiro, take it or leave it. hehe

I still see a lot of unuse potential, why? this guy as always had a incredible vision i mean not talking Koivu passing vision or Weight passing vision or even Oates, I'm talking a new kind of vision a vision that he couldnt even make his teamates understand he just do things no one would think of, thats the first thing ill come to this a little bit later, now he was and still his a slow skater but he as improved he took so long for him to find a effective way to skate but still is too slow for the NHL standards wich creates a problem for a small player like him.. so so far he isnt anything you want on a 'good' nhler. now what does he make now that make him produce and what makes me believe he has more potential than what he actually is doing?

- he is a smartass kid, he is a guy from the street and as a great respect for him and for his convictions, and his main goal is to be the best he can. wich makes him a player who works on all his weakness.

- he as been working hard and learning pretty fast, players dont have to adjust to his weird and exceptional passing vision, HE is adapting to them wich is making a big difference, just look at his stats, he isnt playing with good player there. yes Zednik is and is mainly just a 25-30 goal scorer and the other one is Dagenais wich is a depth player with a great shot and long time junior partner. still is putting the numbers and even the +/- is there.

- he as been working on ways to catch up for his weakness, like the puck control and puck protection, and has been learning a lot by seeing Koivu wich is a master of doing so even if a small player. a la ribeiro. that as been making a huge difference because in the past ribeiro was knock off the puck easily in the boards, not anymore Ribeiro most of the time finnishes with the puck and can then make a nice pass to whoever is available.

- his attitude, this guy is no loser he wont tolerate defeat and will do anything he need to become better he also wont get intimidate by anyone wich make his potential bigger.

all this to tell you one thing, Ribeiro is good not great yet but might become a 80-90pts player if he reaches is full potential. he was destroying the league when he didnt even give his 100% in the LHJMQ. he did score 167pts in 67 games. hehe there isnt much player who could do that. he takes time to become productive in the NHL when you are slow and small. but some special players can overcome that, will he be one of those, i believe he will, time will tell.

anyway hehe thats my take on him. i do believe I'm right
great observations however, next time please post in french if it is your first language or else learn how to write in english. thanks.

Old
01-17-2004, 08:40 AM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
great observations however, next time please post in french if it is your first language or else learn how to write in english. thanks.
So that you everyone can complain about not understanding and have other people requesting a translation. Give him some slack, he is trying at least and will not learn by writing in french....

Old
01-17-2004, 09:05 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
the guy is doing his best ...

i am a french fan and i also have problem to write my english , but i take the time to do my best ...

if you don't want to read that kind of ''bad english '', you could go on the leafs board ; i am sure that they're not a lot of french fans there

get a life ...

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 01-17-2004 at 09:17 AM.
Old
01-17-2004, 09:08 AM
Zednik

Quote:
Hey Mr. Cherry, welcome to Hfboards !

Old
01-17-2004, 09:57 AM
jacklours

Quote:
That has got to be the rudest ****ing thing i've heard all day long. OMG, i'm just stunned by that ignorant comment. But not only is it rude, but completely pointless since his post was totally understandable. If you were a new poster, i'm pretty sure that you would have been banned.

Phil

Old
01-17-2004, 10:37 AM
G Man 77

There's no doubt Ribs is a gifted player who had only began to scratch the surface of his potential. And yes he spent quite a few games with the likes of Audette, and Perreault.
Even the Zednik/Dagenais combo is kinda weak by league standards...

Although I already had seen it, what impresses most is how clutch this guy is:

- he was hot when Koivu was out to start the year and the team needed him the most to avoid a bad start
- he's been clutch in the sense this was his last year to prove himself in MTL
- and lately he's been clutch in games, setting up or scoring the big goals

And he's on his way to a 60-70 point season in his first full year in the NHL. I don't know if anyone here could give me a list of the players that have done this, not to mention we have 2 this year with Ryder as well.
Not to mention 60pts these days is a lot better than 60pts just 5-10 years ago... especially on an offensively challenged team like ours.

And it's not just the offense, he's improved a lot in protecting the puck, as well as defence. That's what is allowing Julien to lean on him more, the fact he's no longer such a liability on the other end of the ice.

I also appreciate the maturity he has displayed, like how he handled the benching while RDS was making the story of the century. He defended the coach, then came back and has been on fire ever since.

His good play has even motivated Koivu IMO to play better, prove he's still the top center. I think that's a healthy situation.

And yet every day I read at least one post saying he should be dealt, that he has no future here. What can you do.

Old
01-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Cariboux

I think it's great to know that (finally) we have to lines that can score big goals. Saku is a hell of a player and when healthy he's giving all that he's got and produce a lot, like his 71 points last year. Ribeiro finally established himself in the NHL and the Habs have 2 great centers.

With all the talent that we have from the recent drafts at the wings, the future is very positive in term of offense for the habs.

I remember at the beginning of the season that the experts were saying that the Habs won't be able to score at least 2 goals per game and they are doing very well right now.

The situation is very positive for the team and the fans, of course

Old
01-17-2004, 11:06 AM
Habs

90 Point player? How many elite players put up 80+ points in the NHL these days? Exactly.

If Ribs cracks the 60 point plateau, I would be shocked. 90 points? Never.

Old
01-17-2004, 11:22 AM
Nyclaus

One aspect Ribeiro improved this year is his face-off percentage...control of the puck is a boost for any talented player.

I'm so happy for this guy...keep it up Mike!

Last edited by Nyclaus: 01-17-2004 at 11:32 AM.
Old
01-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Boutmania

Send a message via AIM to Boutmania Send a message via Yahoo to Boutmania
Quote:
If we understood what he meant. So where's the problem? Maybe it's you who is not enough smart to understand...

Old
01-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Crusher20

thanks for the punch in the face!

no i know but the as long as i try, i'll consider myself satisfied.

comme ont dit en francais l'important c'est la participation. hehe

Old
01-17-2004, 12:33 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
thanks for the punch in the face!

no i know but the as long as i try, i'll consider myself satisfied.

comme ont dit en francais l'important c'est la participation. hehe
Good job man... keep posting!

Old
01-17-2004, 12:55 PM
Crusher20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
90 Point player? How many elite players put up 80+ points in the NHL these days? Exactly.

If Ribs cracks the 60 point plateau, I would be shocked. 90 points? Never.

I said if he reach is FULL potential. yes he could.

but he can already reach the 60pts this year. i think he isnt a 'feux de paille' or a flash in the pan as we say in english i think. hehe

Old
01-17-2004, 01:00 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours
That has got to be the rudest ****ing thing i've heard all day long. OMG, i'm just stunned by that ignorant comment. But not only is it rude, but completely pointless since his post was totally understandable. If you were a new poster, i'm pretty sure that you would have been banned.

Phil
What I meant to say is: post in french I don't understand your english. I don't see what is wrong with that being french myself. I was just trying to be useful by suggesting that he post in french.

Last edited by Kerberos: 01-17-2004 at 01:05 PM.
Old
01-17-2004, 01:41 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 1131
Quote:
I still see a lot of unuse potential, why?

This is the 2 best parts :

1-I agree , Ribs can still improve ... but don't forget that his recent hard work is the only way for him to improve . Ice time mean nothing for him at this point he have to keep it up and don't just rely on talent .

2-Very well said , his pucks protection is much better this year and i think it's the key .

Quote:
What I meant to say is: post in french I don't understand your english. I don't see what is wrong with that being french myself. I was just trying to be useful by suggesting that he post in french.
The french Habs sub-forum idea was declined , anywyas you should show a bit more unity with the french guys here we have a great bunch of posters even if they do alots of mistake when they write in english .

Last edited by Team_Spirit: 01-17-2004 at 01:46 PM.
Old
01-17-2004, 02:33 PM
topshelf

Quote:
Is this a french board? I'm glad he wrote the post in English, because I can't understand a single word in french

And I'm surprised by Ribeiro's good play too. GJ, keep going!

Old
01-17-2004, 02:51 PM
AK-47

Quote:
I understood most of what he said. I think you're being a tad hard on the guy.

Closed Thread