HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quotes by Montgomery (USA Today transcript)

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2004, 07:55 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quotes by Montgomery (USA Today transcript)

"pennington, nj: hey ted, the rangers have this uncanny abillity to score first, then let go of the lead by the 3rd period. though they beat the iles on saturday, they almost blew it again the same way they always do in that game. there is no way they can make the playoffs playing like this. with the drastic changes they made at madison square garden with the knicks, you would have to believe that would be whats coming to sather, right ted? please tell me i'm right!?!

Ted Montgomery: I still think Sather is after Jagr, who is so typical of the type of player he hoards. You know, he cares more about the name on the back of his jersey than the one on the front."

"Stockholm, SWEDEN: Saw Rangers-Lightnings the other night and one thing struck me. Rangers doesnt have a gameplan at all. Its just a bunch of skillfull individuals skating around on the ice. How can the Rangers organisation allow Sather continuing to coach?

Ted Montgomery: That's an excellent question, and if anyone has the answer, let us know, okay?"

Looks like we are not the only ones who marvel at Sather's ineptitude and how he continues to run the organization into the ground.

Old
01-17-2004, 08:21 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
"pennington, nj: hey ted, the rangers have this uncanny abillity to score first, then let go of the lead by the 3rd period. though they beat the iles on saturday, they almost blew it again the same way they always do in that game. there is no way they can make the playoffs playing like this. with the drastic changes they made at madison square garden with the knicks, you would have to believe that would be whats coming to sather, right ted? please tell me i'm right!?!

Ted Montgomery: I still think Sather is after Jagr, who is so typical of the type of player he hoards. You know, he cares more about the name on the back of his jersey than the one on the front."

"Stockholm, SWEDEN: Saw Rangers-Lightnings the other night and one thing struck me. Rangers doesnt have a gameplan at all. Its just a bunch of skillfull individuals skating around on the ice. How can the Rangers organisation allow Sather continuing to coach?

Ted Montgomery: That's an excellent question, and if anyone has the answer, let us know, okay?"

Looks like we are not the only ones who marvel at Sather's ineptitude and how he continues to run the organization into the ground.
great what was said after the rangers destroyed the islanders and came back to tie the devils? i think you really like it when the rangers struggle. i think it makes you happy. come on bro support the team and try to believe this team is going places. they have been improved lately and times are changing i just hope the tone of you posts will too

Old
01-17-2004, 09:02 AM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
great what was said after the rangers destroyed the islanders and came back to tie the devils? i think you really like it when the rangers struggle. i think it makes you happy. come on bro support the team and try to believe this team is going places. they have been improved lately and times are changing i just hope the tone of you posts will too

like the past six years? we all do support the team! how many games have you gone to jar jar? true blue and a hoard of others on this board go to alot more games than you and i do! our content is with sather mostly! his arrogant and egotistical way he goes about his business is one of the main factors! that and he is not a very good coach! i think he is way overated! he hasn't done ***** in like 12years! he's living on a reputation from the 80's, and i think i could've coached that team and won those cups!

Old
01-17-2004, 09:26 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
like the past six years? we all do support the team! how many games have you gone to jar jar? true blue and a hoard of others on this board go to alot more games than you and i do! our content is with sather mostly! his arrogant and egotistical way he goes about his business is one of the main factors! that and he is not a very good coach! i think he is way overated! he hasn't done ***** in like 12years! he's living on a reputation from the 80's, and i think i could've coached that team and won those cups!
how do you know i dont go to many games. i havent this season for a reason you wouldnt understand. but in the past i go to between 10 to 20 games. i didnt realize loyalty was based on how many games somebody goes too. if that were the case people i know that work for lehman and bear sterns that only bring customers to games and really don't care about the who wins are more loyal than even you. i think true blue roots againts the rangers. look at his posts. this isn't an attack on him just my humble point of view.

Old
01-17-2004, 09:29 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
how do you know i dont go to many games. i havent this season for a reason you wouldnt understand. but in the past i go to between 10 to 20 games. i didnt realize loyalty was based on how many games somebody goes too. if that were the case people i know that work for lehman and bear sterns that only bring customers to games and really don't care about the who wins are more loyal than even you. i think true blue roots againts the rangers. look at his posts. this isn't an attack on him just my humble point of view.
im a jerk. i shouldnt question somebodys loyalty. for this im sorry.

Old
01-17-2004, 09:49 AM
sickboy35

Quote:
no it's more of the "same ole same ole" that gives most of us a pessimistic veiw of this team! tell you what if the rangers win the next 10 games i'll stop being so pessimistic towards the team! deal?

Old
01-17-2004, 09:57 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
im a jerk. i shouldnt question somebodys loyalty. for this im sorry.
That's your biggest flaw (the questioning of someone
s loyalty, not the jerk part, hehehe)...but I admire your honesty and willingness to understand this. Not everyone's going to root them on come hell or high water. Passion comes in many forms. I don't see this team doing much of anything this season. If, by some wacky chance, they make the playoffs....squeeze in, I still wouldn't be happy. I'd be relieved, but not happy. Why? Because 80 million dollars should be able to buy a hell of a lot more than 8th seed. I'm not condoning lavish spending, nor do I applaud them when they make one of their theiving acqusitions from a lesser resourced team. But, I do think that if they have the kind of money to bring in the "upper echelon" players, then they should also have the funds to front load their staff and minor league systems. As it stands right now, we have a team full of aging veterans, lost superstars, and marginal AHL/NHL players. And the farm system, while it has a few bright spots, is composed mostly of players we'll never see, or at least not see long enough to remember. I think we can do better, I think we should be doing better. And I refuse to join the cheering crowd until something is done about this mess. Look around the garden next time you go to a game, and wehn the Rangers score look for the guy that appears indifferent. That'll be me.

Old
01-17-2004, 09:58 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
no it's more of the "same ole same ole" that gives most of us a pessimistic veiw of this team! tell you what if the rangers win the next 10 games i'll stop being so pessimistic towards the team! deal?

I'm with you on that one, sick...they have to show me a helluva lot more to get me optimistic.

Old
01-17-2004, 10:04 AM
True Blue

Quote:
i think true blue roots againts the rangers. look at his posts. this isn't an attack on him just my humble point of view.
It's ok. I ain't mad at you. You found me out. I'm not a Rangers fan. Makes sense, 'cuase I obviously detest Sather so. And as we know, if you ain't a fan of Sather, you ain't a Rangers fan. I'm the reason that the Rangers do so poorly. Just ask Glen. He'll tell you. My booing is why this team has not made the playoffs for the past 6 years and can only rate as mediocre for the current one.

Old
01-17-2004, 10:06 AM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
I'm with you on that one, sick...they have to show me a helluva lot more to get me optimistic.

how did i get more post that you shadowtron? lol!! i also think tthat they owe us a least a 10 game winning streak after the past six years, so i don't think i'm asking for too much!

Old
01-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
how did i get more post that you shadowtron? lol!! i also think tthat they owe us a least a 10 game winning streak after the past six years, so i don't think i'm asking for too much!

I'm not much of a poster, more a lurker. I'm here several times a day, just never feel like posting.

Unless I come in the sole possession of the one ring of power...then I'm moved enough to post, LOL!!!!!

Anyway, I agree. We, the fans, deserve a nice juicy winning streak to get the smiles back on our faces.

Old
01-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
That's your biggest flaw (the questioning of someone
s loyalty, not the jerk part, hehehe)...but I admire your honesty and willingness to understand this. Not everyone's going to root them on come hell or high water. Passion comes in many forms. I don't see this team doing much of anything this season. If, by some wacky chance, they make the playoffs....squeeze in, I still wouldn't be happy. I'd be relieved, but not happy. Why? Because 80 million dollars should be able to buy a hell of a lot more than 8th seed. I'm not condoning lavish spending, nor do I applaud them when they make one of their theiving acqusitions from a lesser resourced team. But, I do think that if they have the kind of money to bring in the "upper echelon" players, then they should also have the funds to front load their staff and minor league systems. As it stands right now, we have a team full of aging veterans, lost superstars, and marginal AHL/NHL players. And the farm system, while it has a few bright spots, is composed mostly of players we'll never see, or at least not see long enough to remember. I think we can do better, I think we should be doing better. And I refuse to join the cheering crowd until something is done about this mess. Look around the garden next time you go to a game, and wehn the Rangers score look for the guy that appears indifferent. That'll be me.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

This team has a ways to go before I'm converted into the believer I was in 1994...but I still root for these bozos (no offense Shadowtron!).

Old
01-18-2004, 07:00 PM
pld459666

Quote:
I'm not much of a poster, more a lurker. I'm here several times a day, just never feel like posting.

Unless I come in the sole possession of the one ring of power...then I'm moved enough to post, LOL!!!!!

Anyway, I agree. We, the fans, deserve a nice juicy winning streak to get the smiles back on our faces.

Closed Thread