HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

why we should not give up on marcel hossa

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2004, 07:28 PM
oli500

vCash: 500
why we should not give up on marcel hossa

Ever since The montreal canadiens drafted marcel hossa, we've all had high expectation on him mainley because of the talent that his brother has. So far Marcel has disapointed us all because he still hasent found the comfort zone in the nhl, and hasent played up to the talent we beleive he can. I beleive is still not time to panic. All he needs his a little confidence and that confidence well come with time. Im still not given up on him and I think for him to get that confidence back is on his next call up, Someone on the habs is going to have to be his mentor and teach him the way so that he can be the player we beleive he can be.
All give u some examples. At the biginnig of the season koivu said that ryder could play on the first two lines. Koivu took ryder on his wing and showd him the way, and ryder is putting some great numbers. The same thing happend to Ribeiro and Dagenais when Dagenais was called up. Right now I dont see anyone on the habs being able to carry hossa on his shoulders but the anwser his in Hamilton. Two best freinds ever since they came to the ahl and even in portland were they played on the same team, Are now neibourghs in hamilton for 3 years. The player im talking about his Josef balej who's knoking on the doorstep to be a full time nhl'er. I think that bye next year Balej should be ready for full time nhl action and both him and hossa could make the team. All it takes its a bit of confidence and Balej could be the anwser in hossa's casse. Our future is looking bright !

What do you think?

Old
01-16-2004, 08:45 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
Ever since The montreal canadiens drafted marcel hossa, we've all had high expectation on him mainley because of the talent that his brother has. So far Marcel has disapointed us all because he still hasent found the comfort zone in the nhl, and hasent played up to the talent we beleive he can. I beleive is still not time to panic. All he needs his a little confidence and that confidence well come with time. Im still not given up on him and I think for him to get that confidence back is on his next call up, Someone on the habs is going to have to be his mentor and teach him the way so that he can be the player we beleive he can be.
All give u some examples. At the biginnig of the season koivu said that ryder could play on the first two lines. Koivu took ryder on his wing and showd him the way, and ryder is putting some great numbers. The same thing happend to Ribeiro and Dagenais when Dagenais was called up. Right now I dont see anyone on the habs being able to carry hossa on his shoulders but the anwser his in Hamilton. Two best freinds ever since they came to the ahl and even in portland were they played on the same team, Are now neibourghs in hamilton for 3 years. The player im talking about his Josef balej who's knoking on the doorstep to be a full time nhl'er. I think that bye next year Balej should be ready for full time nhl action and both him and hossa could make the team. All it takes its a bit of confidence and Balej could be the anwser in hossa's casse. Our future is looking bright !

What do you think?
i think that it's not that we give up with Hossa , it is more that is still having some value and that we know that we are now in better seat about the futur .If it's not Hossa , it's going to be Plekanec or Ksast or Higgins or Balej, or Perezhogin...we have more latitude to add the little extra that could give us a player that can brings some grit to the team

Old
01-17-2004, 03:37 AM
Habs4ever

How could he have better value??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
i think that it's not that we give up with Hossa , it is more that is still having some value and that we know that we are now in better seat about the futur .If it's not Hossa , it's going to be Plekanec or Ksast or Higgins or Balej, or Perezhogin...we have more latitude to add the little extra that could give us a player that can brings some grit to the team

as you and I know his stock is going down and wouldn't get us much more then rent player so why give up on him, strategy seems to be from most fans is get rid of anyone at any price I ask why all BG said he wants is 3rd line Centre who shouldn't cost much more then 3rd round pick with maybe Perrault included so why give them our prospects.

Old
01-17-2004, 04:24 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Someone on the habs is going to have to be his mentor and teach him the way so that he can be the player we beleive he can be.
Who better to be a mention and someone to help him learn what it takes to play in the NHL than his brother and his father who was and maybe still the Head Coach of the Slovkia National Team! He should talk to him and list to what Marion has to say, he would be the best to help him in the confidence and self building, plus his fathers knowledge as a coach is very valuable to him. A full season under Jarvis will let him learn the game better as a whole player, but when it comes to scoring goals and setting up plays that is up to him because it is all about instinct and that will come back with the confidence.
Until Hossa can find his confidence, play with his heart and feel that he isn't being punished to play in the AHL but to learn so he can be a complete player to play every day in the NHL he will be stuck in the same rut his in now. He needs to go out there and prove game in and game out to Montreal that they need him and the only way to do that is to play like it's his last game every night. He is too good to be playing soooo bad, and he is young so maturity maybe playing a certain factor here too.

Quote:
All give u some examples. At the biginnig of the season koivu said that ryder could play on the first two lines. Koivu took ryder on his wing and showd him the way, and ryder is putting some great numbers. The same thing happend to Ribeiro and Dagenais when Dagenais was called up.
Ryder played a couple of hard seasons in the ECHL and AHL and worked very hard to get where he is today. Julien and Gainey had faith in him to let him make the line up, he was 3rd to 4h line in the beginning but moved up to the top line because of his grit, willingness to battle on the boards and in front of the net. He can score goals and is not a selfish player, he looks to set up a player as much as he would love to score a goal. Ryders work ethic and determination to play in the NHL should be an inspiration to Hossa!

Dagenais has worked in the AHL for a long time and has always been a goal scorer, if Montreal had not taken the chance on him he may have not even signed any where this summer. But Savard and Gainey obviously saw something and took a cance. Dagenais and Ribs are old "Q" linemates and the chemistry between them is quite obvious on the ice, so that helps too. Julien has told Dagenais what it will take for him to play in Montreal or the NHL for that matter and he has listened, goal scoring alone won't keep him there so he is hanging onto every word of advice Julien gives him...Hossa needs to do that with Jarvis and when he turns things around and gets another chance in Montreal he will have to remember how he got back there and list to Julien and play the way he has to to stay there too.

Maybe Montreal should also experiment with Hossa in Hamilton back at centre?

Last edited by RE-HABS: 01-17-2004 at 04:28 AM.
Old
01-17-2004, 06:21 AM
goalchenyuk

the problem to play him at the center is that we already have a lot of deph there ;

Koivu, Ribeiro, Juneau , Perreault , Plekanec ,Higgins ,Begin (was doing very well when Juneau was out ), and we also have youngers ; Uquart and Lapierre who is a promising 3 th liner and i passed Lock...

Old
01-17-2004, 06:47 AM
Bopp

I think the problem with Hossa is that he doesn't work hard enough. Each time he has been in the nhl he has started off strong and he faded after a few games. And it's not that he hasn' t been given a chance. He played on the top line for over a month at the start of the year. I think he might be a little bit lazy. He even has a hard time being consistent in the ahl. On the other hand we have 3 or 4 other prospects who are more consistent and that I think have as much talent as Hossa. So if we are going to trade a prospect I think we should trade Hossa because of his ethic and the fact that being the brother of Marian adds to his value.

Old
01-17-2004, 07:42 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:

What do you think?
I think if his last name weren't "hossa" we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Old
01-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Mike8

I think some fans are extremely impatient and don't realize that the development process is more mental than it is physical. That most fans claim to be patient with youth, but only if the player meets their criteria for intensity levels.

Hossa hasn't disappointed me one bit.

Closed Thread