HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Forsberg info!

Old
11-21-2007, 03:41 PM
shamski7

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to shamski7
New Forsberg info!

alright i cant find the old forsberg discussion thread so im starting a new one. espn insider is reporting that Forsberg will test out a new brace on his foot.

Apparently doctor-patient confidentiality doesn't extend to Swedes, and because of it we have fresh rumors about C Peter Forsberg resuming his hockey career.
According to the Denver Post, Dr. Bertil Romanus told Swedish newspaper called Expression [it's no Aftonbladet] that Forsberg will test a new brace on his surgically repaired foot by beginning a skating program.

"I can say now that I think we can solve the issues with his foot, so that it won't hinder Peter from playing hockey again," Romanus, who is based in Phoenix, told Expression, according to the Post. "In the beginning of October, Peter's foot was so good that he was able to skate all out, and I definitely believe we can find a way to get him back to that."

Forsberg had numerous teams eager to bid for his services earlier this month, but he backed out of playing in the Karjala Cup in Helsinki because of his problematic foot.

Forsberg, 34, had been practicing with his former Swedish club MoDo in October to see if he could make a return to the NHL or the Swedish Elite League.

The Senators, Avalanche, Flyers and Red Wings were among the front-runners for Forsberg's services, with the Stars, Canucks and Kings also in the running.

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Jester

i'm not sure, "i think we can fix his foot" really falls under the "don't tell people that!" area of confidentiality... moreover, i'm sure everyone understood he was going to get asked those questions and Forsberg could have said, go ahead and answer the questions... it's not like it's an STD he contracted from a tranny hooker or something.

speaking directly to the Forsberg issue... i'm no longer willing to "create space" for him in any significant way. i'd welcome him onto the team, but i'm not going to move someone like Umberger in a cap move to create the necessary room for him.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
i'm not sure, "i think we can fix his foot"

speaking directly to the Forsberg issue... i'm no longer willing to "create space" for him in any significant way. i'd welcome him onto the team, but i'm not going to move someone like Umberger in a cap move to create the necessary room for him.

Agree 110%...well said as usual Jester.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Lab Monkey

I have no time for Forsberg, I wish him the best... but want him to stay as far away from hockey as possible. There is more to life then hockey and he needs to realize he is crippling himself.

Lab Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 04:35 PM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
the only way i would want forsberg is if you can convince him to play for cheap which after this isnt likely. and secondly if you can guarantee his foot will be healthy...also unlikely.

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 04:37 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
the only way i would want forsberg is if you can convince him to play for cheap which after this isnt likely. and secondly if you can guarantee his foot will be healthy...also unlikely.
He's already on the record stating that he'll make the finances work with whatever team he chooses and that he won't come back if he's not healthy.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 04:52 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1503
I posted this somewhere yesterday but Bill Meltzer has a column on HockeyBuzz:

http://v4.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=11214

As many people suspected, Peter Forsberg is not quite done yet in his attempt to come back and play hockey.

Sweden's Expressen newspaper is reporting that Forsberg had his foot examined over the weekend and got some "encouraging" news.

I've translated Jonas Falman's Expressen article below:

Hope lives for Foppa after doctor's answer

The first step toward saving Peter Forsberg's career has been taken -with an examination of his injured (right) foot in the USA over the weekend.

Dr. Bertil Romanus gave an encouraging answer to Sport-Expression: "I can say now that I think we can solve the issues with his foot, so that it won't hinder Peter from playing hockey again."

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 07:00 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Latest news about Forsberg. Something at sometime, at some place, will be happening to Forsberg, eventually.

Got it from my source.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2007, 01:20 AM
TrojanDan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnightRU View Post
Latest news about Forsberg. Something at sometime, at some place, will be happening to Forsberg, eventually.

Got it from my source.
Hahahaha. Gold.

TrojanDan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Halifax Hellfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnightRU View Post

Got it from my source.
I have always heard January as a return date. So until Feburary rolls around I am not going to worry about it.

Halifax Hellfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2007, 01:53 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
people need to accept the fact that he isnt coming back here.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Wachovia Center

Send a message via ICQ to Wachovia Center Send a message via Yahoo to Wachovia Center
Oh, thanks for seeing into the future and letting us know what is going to happen.

Wachovia Center is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2007, 05:39 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wachovia Center View Post
Oh, thanks for seeing into the future and letting us know what is going to happen.
its just my opinion.
you read the same stories over and over. hes having the same problems over and over for the last 3 years.. You think he has a shot to make a comeback and he has a setback. I dont want him back. We have enough to worry about. All he would be right now is a distraction.

Old
11-24-2007, 06:10 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeIsGoneDotCom View Post
its just my opinion.
you read the same stories over and over. hes having the same problems over and over for the last 3 years.. You think he has a shot to make a comeback and he has a setback. I dont want him back. We have enough to worry about. All he would be right now is a distraction.
It's the same how I feel. He's been plagued with injuries, and he hasn't changed for 3 years now. I mean they spent months trying to find the right boot and couldn't. What says that everything is going to magically going to go away? It'll take a while for him to be better, if he ever does get better, and by that point I hope we don't need him. We truly don't need the distraction now.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2007, 08:46 PM
PhillyFlyers1796

If forsberg decides to come back to the nhl...i cant see him going anywhere else but here.

Its still very possible he wont play at all this year...but if he does it will be here.

The way i see it...we would be a better team with him. If he gets hurt again....then we are no worse off then we would be if we didnt sign him at all.

PhillyFlyers1796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2007, 10:52 PM
BerubeBox*

I'm not as welcoming as some people are. The team is going to have to go through a lot to build its chemistry because of all the recent changes, and calling forsberg a distraction is an understatement. Last year was miserable with all the uncertainty, and the team sort of settled into a dependent relationship with him. There's a lot of promise and progress being made on the team now, and I'm worried forsberg would bring all that to a screeching halt.

Between Briere replacing him functionally (and fiscally), The Rise of Cannon, and other smaller factors like Upshall securing a permanent spot and even Downie, who, I don't need to remind anyone - especially here - is loaded with talent, I don't think it'd be worth it.

I'm just happy we got to see him for 1.2 seasons. He really can be the best in the world at times and stunning to watch. Plus I think there's a retribution aspect to it that plays into Flyer fans' psychology, stemming from the Lindros debacle. Can't we just call it even now and move on?

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2007, 10:24 AM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
I'm not as welcoming as some people are. The team is going to have to go through a lot to build its chemistry because of all the recent changes, and calling forsberg a distraction is an understatement. Last year was miserable with all the uncertainty, and the team sort of settled into a dependent relationship with him. There's a lot of promise and progress being made on the team now, and I'm worried forsberg would bring all that to a screeching halt.

Between Briere replacing him functionally (and fiscally), The Rise of Cannon, and other smaller factors like Upshall securing a permanent spot and even Downie, who, I don't need to remind anyone - especially here - is loaded with talent, I don't think it'd be worth it.

I'm just happy we got to see him for 1.2 seasons. He really can be the best in the world at times and stunning to watch. Plus I think there's a retribution aspect to it that plays into Flyer fans' psychology, stemming from the Lindros debacle. Can't we just call it even now and move on?
It can't be said any better than this. Let him go somewhere else.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2007, 11:10 AM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by richichi View Post
I have no time for Forsberg, I wish him the best... but want him to stay as far away from hockey as possible. There is more to life then hockey and he needs to realize he is crippling himself.
Forsberg knows more hockey than anyone. I hope he will become a coach. He can assist Bengt Ake Gustafsson for a few seasons...maybe do a shift on the PP...just kidding...

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2007, 04:41 PM
EagleOCNJ

Sorry Peter but things are too good right now to take on your baggage. No thanks but I still couldnt help but be pumped if it did happen. Still a No vote from me

EagleOCNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2007, 06:45 PM
sickamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
i'm not sure, "i think we can fix his foot" really falls under the "don't tell people that!" area of confidentiality... moreover, i'm sure everyone understood he was going to get asked those questions and Forsberg could have said, go ahead and answer the questions... it's not like it's an STD he contracted from a tranny hooker or something.

Whew! Thank gawd that's settled.

sickamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Halifax Hellfish

Halifax Hellfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2007, 11:15 PM
mikedifr

I said it before and I will say it again....been there, done that...lets move on.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2007, 11:41 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

totally agree. but there will be people who cant let it go until he announces his retirement from hockey.

Old
11-25-2007, 11:58 PM
donelikedinner

no foppa = flyers 1st in atlantic.

no foppa needed

donelikedinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 11:19 PM
healthyscratch

I'll take him back, at 100%, immediately.

healthyscratch is online now   Reply With Quote