HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds Prospect Report from Kitchener

Old
10-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Tim Wallach

vCash: 500
Preds Prospect Report from Kitchener

Hi Preds fans,

Just in case some of you are interested, I wanted to give an update on your second round pick, Nick Spaling.

He is off to an amazing start this year with 14 goals already in just 13 games. But the stats don't begin to show his improvement. He is dominating both offensively and defensively almost every single shift on the ice.

He is not flashy, but he does every little thing well and is in position 100% of the time. It's amazing to watch so far. He has really strengthened up this year.

He has pro prospect written all over him since there's no area he is deficient in. I think your scouting staff scored a good one here. He's not far off what we had in Mike Richards a couple years ago.

(Oh, and for the record as a Kitchener resident, I wish your city all the best in the future. I don't ever want to see the team leave Nashville. So keep up the support!)

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2007, 03:04 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Great to hear! We really need some center prospects. Thanks for the report and for your support!

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Hi Preds fans,

Just in case some of you are interested, I wanted to give an update on your second round pick, Nick Spaling.

He is off to an amazing start this year with 14 goals already in just 13 games. But the stats don't begin to show his improvement. He is dominating both offensively and defensively almost every single shift on the ice.

He is not flashy, but he does every little thing well and is in position 100% of the time. It's amazing to watch so far. He has really strengthened up this year.

He has pro prospect written all over him since there's no area he is deficient in. I think your scouting staff scored a good one here. He's not far off what we had in Mike Richards a couple years ago.

(Oh, and for the record as a Kitchener resident, I wish your city all the best in the future. I don't ever want to see the team leave Nashville. So keep up the support!)
and for that comment alone ... IF you're ever in Nashville to see a Preds game ... I'll buy you a beer ... and thanks for the update on Spaling

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Tim Wallach

No problem.

And I should add a note about his versatility too. He's been playing mostly wing in Kitchener, but some centre. And he's equally adept at both. He wins 80% of his draws. So you have some flexibility there.

Old
10-29-2007, 04:43 PM
mckly
follow @dugs27 hky

Spaling has played amazing for the Rangers to start the year. I am so impressed with this guy and I can see him being a future NHLer for sure. This guy has all the makings to be a star in the league, lets hope he continues to build on his success at all levels!

mckly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Stranger

Thanks for the update.

This is great to hear.

During training camp, I was really impressed with Spaling. He looked way more mature then a kid who was just drafted. He had confidence and played really well.

He was one of the youngsters who stood out, imo.

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 09:09 AM
Tim Wallach

Oh, and Fire Trotz, I'll take you up on that beer if I get down there for a game. I'd love to and it's high on my priority list. I've heard great things about the city and fans.

If I don't get down there sooner, I'll have to come in 2-3 years when Nick Spaling is on the team.

Old
10-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Oh, and Fire Trotz, I'll take you up on that beer if I get down there for a game. I'd love to and it's high on my priority list. I've heard great things about the city and fans.

If I don't get down there sooner, I'll have to come in 2-3 years when Nick Spaling is on the team.

Keep up the great reports like this and I'll buy you a beer when you come down to Nashville.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Tim Wallach

Woo-hoo... can't wait to come have some pints in Nashville.

I will check back in here from time to time to give you all Spaling updates since I see him so often. I hope I'm right about him, but if he continues at this pace of development, you'll have a very good one on your hands.

Old
11-25-2007, 10:14 AM
mckly
follow @dugs27 hky

Stranger is right, Spaling is a very mature player. Right now he is in 6th in OHL scoring with 23 goals and 19 assists in 24 games. 42 points in 24 games is very good. He is tied with Tavares for second in league scoring also. Nick Spaling scored the other night in a 5-3 win for the OHL Stars versus the Russian Selects. I would LOVE to see this guy at the WJHC.

EDIT- Spaling has as many goals as last season already.

mckly is offline   Reply With Quote