HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I lost fifteen pounds last winter

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-21-2007, 10:00 PM
  #1
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
JXC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,901
vCash: 500
I lost fifteen pounds last winter

Going to the gym instead of watching hockey. Well I'm getting my size 40 jeans from the attic because it's time to watch hockey again. There were like five games ALL LAST YEAR that were that entertaining. I love the sport and really missed it last year.

I think it is safe to say now that there is a pretty darn good hockey team in town again.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 10:03 PM
  #2
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 41,893
vCash: 1653
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Going to the gym instead of watching hockey. Well I'm getting my size 40 jeans from the attic because it's time to watch hockey again. There were like five games ALL LAST YEAR that were that entertaining. I love the sport and really missed it last year.

I think it is safe to say now that there is a pretty darn good hockey team in town again.
Good stuff and congrats. Just in time for T-day.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 11:44 PM
  #3
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,640
vCash: 500
Rather gain 30 pounds than stop watching hockey

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 11:58 PM
  #4
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Going to the gym instead of watching hockey. Well I'm getting my size 40 jeans from the attic because it's time to watch hockey again. There were like five games ALL LAST YEAR that were that entertaining. I love the sport and really missed it last year.

I think it is safe to say now that there is a pretty darn good hockey team in town again.
did you get mugged in London?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2007, 09:27 AM
  #5
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Congrats man.

Best advice ever. STOP DRINKING SODA. Seriously, water only. If you want to drop weight. I stopped all soda or sugared-drink for 3 months and lost 20 pounds WITHOUT changing how I work out. There's tons of stories like this online.

I weighed 215 pounds (I'm 5'11") my senior year of HS, by the beginning of the sophomore year of college I was 165 pounds, I'm not about 170 pounds, and I'm a roller hockey player now (and played ice too until my head decided to be too much like Lindros's)

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2007, 10:55 AM
  #6
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnightRU View Post
Congrats man.

Best advice ever. STOP DRINKING SODA. Seriously, water only. If you want to drop weight. I stopped all soda or sugared-drink for 3 months and lost 20 pounds WITHOUT changing how I work out. There's tons of stories like this online.

I weighed 215 pounds (I'm 5'11") my senior year of HS, by the beginning of the sophomore year of college I was 165 pounds, I'm not about 170 pounds, and I'm a roller hockey player now (and played ice too until my head decided to be too much like Lindros's)
Swapping soda for water did the same for me. Before I started working out and putting on some muscle, I had dropped 40 pounds. I started playing racquetball and soccer around the same time, so I'm not sure how much loss was from each, but just with that simple trick I can now eat whatever I want, whenever I want and find it impossible to gain any weight again.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2007, 10:59 AM
  #7
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,783
vCash: 500
I lost ten pounds last night, blood England losing to Croatia...

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2007, 11:05 AM
  #8
Steve L*
Registered User
 
Steve L*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southampton, England
Country: England
Posts: 11,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newham View Post
I lost ten pounds last night, blood England losing to Croatia...
I would have bet on Croatia, I said before the game they would lose.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2007, 06:57 PM
  #9
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
I would have bet on Croatia, I said before the game they would lose.
I said they would as soon as i saw the line-up, unfortunately i'd stuck my bet on earlier in the week.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.