HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is it too soon to discuss the draft?

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Capn Brown

vCash: 500
Is it too soon to discuss the draft?

Besides Ovechkin, who are going to be in the top 20?

Hey, I may sound counterproductive here, but I'm secretly hoping that Klatt and Frolov become injured just so the Kings have a better shot at Ovechkin. Does that make me evil?

Old
01-15-2004, 12:23 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks

Hey, I may sound counterproductive here, but I'm secretly hoping that Klatt and Frolov become injured just so the Kings have a better shot at Ovechkin. Does that make me evil?

Ovechkin would be great , but i think with us still definatley in the playoff race...it is silly to think that we will even have a chance at Ovechkin....I can see us trading away some of our players come the deadline if we are not in the race though, we may get some good draft picks from that???

Old
01-15-2004, 12:32 PM
zeppelin97

I know Dubynk, Montoya, Schwarz are all top goalie prospects. All should be drafted within top 20 picks.

Ovechkin has a 99% chance at going #1. Olesz, malkin(sp?) are no slouches and i wouldn't be suprised if 5-7 years down the line they're better than ovechkin, with the way the draft is a total crapshoot.

Old
01-15-2004, 12:53 PM
palffytofrovlov

I think the Kings need a Number 1 Defenseman... Cam Baker would be my choice... to go with Grebeshkov and Gleason....

Old
01-15-2004, 01:27 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
It's never too early to talk draft.

It's a shallow draft this year. Not much talent after round 1, which made trading away both our 2nd round picks that much easier. The top handful are very good, then it drops off to a 2nd tier until about pick 20 or so when the buttom just drops out.

01-15-2004, 03:21 PM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks

I don't want to see Frolov injured......he's the star now. The increased ice time and pp time will do him good

Old
01-15-2004, 03:27 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin97
I know Dubynk, Montoya, Schwarz are all top goalie prospects. All should be drafted within top 20 picks.

Ovechkin has a 99% chance at going #1. Olesz, malkin(sp?) are no slouches and i wouldn't be suprised if 5-7 years down the line they're better than ovechkin, with the way the draft is a total crapshoot.
although i didn't see it and so i cannot comment personally, a lot of people have been raving about montoya's performance at the world juniors, and i'd like to see the organization work on getting some serious high quality goalie prospects into the system... so 2+2 = draft montoya if possible.

our organization has quite a few czechs and slovaks (visnovsky, modry, palffy, straka, stumpel); anyone know if there are any exceptional kids of those nationalities coming into this draft?

Old
01-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Fat Elvis

5{ator]although i didn't see it and so i cannot comment personally, a lot of people have been raving about montoya's performance at the world juniors, and i'd like to see the organization work on getting some serious high quality goalie prospects into the system... so 2+2 = draft montoya if possible.

our organization has quite a few czechs and slovaks (visnovsky, modry, palffy, straka, stumpel); anyone know if there are any exceptional kids of those nationalities coming into this draft?[/QUOTE]
On the Sweden board they have the mid-point CSB rankings and they rank 3 Czechs skaters in the top 10.
Rostislav Olesz C #3
Ladislav Smid D #5
Lukas Kaspar W #6

Don't know much of anything about these guys. But the #1 ranked Goalie is
Czech Marek Schwars.

If anyone know anything about these guys it would be much appreciated.

Old
01-15-2004, 04:48 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator
although i didn't see it and so i cannot comment personally, a lot of people have been raving about montoya's performance at the world juniors, and i'd like to see the organization work on getting some serious high quality goalie prospects into the system... so 2+2 = draft montoya if possible.
It was truly an awesome display. Stuart and Sutter were also just great and helped make Montoya look good in a lot of cases, but Montoyas talent was undeniable.

Old
01-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Capn Brown

Ah! Timing is everything, and mine seems to be perfect as the following link is just what the Dalek ordered!

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

And more scouting around today (on these very boards!) has lead me to believe that the first 6 dudes have the potential "super-star" status going on.......

Old
01-16-2004, 09:09 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 840
What/Who's picks do the Kings have over the next 2 years? I know they don't have their 2nd rounder in 2004, but I'm not sure if they're owed anymore picks from somewhere else...don't they have Detroit's 2nd rounder this year?

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
01-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Kings Fanatic

No they have no second rounders this year. They were traded away for Cech and Stumpel I believe.

Old
01-16-2004, 10:05 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Fanatic
No they have no second rounders this year. They were traded away for Cech and Stumpel I believe.

I thought they traded 2 of last year's picks for Stumpel and like a 4th or something

Old
01-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
It was a 4th in 2003 and a 2nd in 2004. They should be getting a nice comp pick for Potvin though

Old
01-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Game Misconduct

Central scouting just released the new rankings:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=8985

Old
01-16-2004, 10:46 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
It was a 4th in 2003 and a 2nd in 2004. They should be getting a nice comp pick for Potvin though
i dont think they will because they signed trent klatt

Old
01-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
i dont think they will because they signed trent klatt
We got one the year Luc signed with the Wings even though we signed Heinze

Old
01-16-2004, 11:56 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
We got one the year Luc signed with the Wings even though we signed Heinze

Heinze was making less than Luc. I forget how much Potvin signed for though. I think Klatt signed for 1.2 mill, so true, i would imagine if the Kings would get a pick if Potvin signed for more than that.

Old
01-16-2004, 11:58 AM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Comp picks given out by the league are determined by the difference between the value of all the players lost and the value of all the players gained. It is not based on contract signed - that's for RFAs.

Every FA in the league is given a numerical value based upon previous performance and some other things. If a team losses more value than gained, it is awarded a compensation pick relative to the amount of value lost. If a team gains more value than lost, then no compensation is awarded.

For example:
1.) If after this season Potvin is rated a 50 (I don't know what the actual values look like but am using 50 as an arbitrary number), Klatt is rated a 30 and Luc is rated a 10, then the Kings lost 10 points in value and will receive a comp pick for whatever 10 points will get you.

2.) If Potvin is rated a 50, Klatt is rated a 40, and Luc is rated a 40, then the Kings gained 30 points of value and will not receive compensation.

Last edited by David A. Rainer: 01-16-2004 at 02:01 PM.
Old
01-17-2004, 04:10 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Totally forgot about bringing back Luc for a 3rd time. In that case, I doubt the Kings get a pick.

Old
01-17-2004, 06:21 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
What/Who's picks do the Kings have over the next 2 years? I know they don't have their 2nd rounder in 2004, but I'm not sure if they're owed anymore picks from somewhere else...don't they have Detroit's 2nd rounder this year?

does anyone know the answer to this question?

Closed Thread