HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

08 draft thread

Old
01-24-2008, 02:00 AM
Randall Graves*

vCash: 500
Yeah but the Oilers have a really difficult schedule coming up, and they've just had arguably the easiest part of it but with them who knows they are very up and down.

The easts general crappiness could screw us over though.

But I will be crossing my fingers for Stamkos, he's legit, he'll be NHL ready fast and it won't take long for him to make an impact.

and if we are in the 6/7 range hopefully Beach or Schenn are there.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Pwnasaurus

In all honesty I'll be pleased if we get a top 10 pick. Anything better is gravy to me. Mmmmmm gravy.

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 09:08 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Here's something interesting. It's a ranking by a "chief scout" of central scouting. He shakes up the rankings a little bit. http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...008-draft.html

Quote of the week: "[Teubert] was recently handed a two-game suspension for simply being bigger and stronger than his opponent on a hit that even the league claimed was clean, but an injury resulted."

Pronger: It's physics!

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

I'm real excited about thisyears draft for the ducks. Do you guys believe any of the top 5 picks (i'm assuming its stamkos, doughty,beach, filatov, bogo, and pietrangelo are the top 5 somehow). Do they help us next year? I have heard talk about stamkos being the 2nd line center for next year, is he really that ready? And what about the defeseman...with scott's assumed departure can they help next year or will that be basically Salcido's job to lose to dipenta?(assuming he stays on the current progressive pace)

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 02:08 AM
Markus078

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
I'm real excited about thisyears draft for the ducks. Do you guys believe any of the top 5 picks (i'm assuming its stamkos, doughty,beach, filatov, bogo, and pietrangelo are the top 5 somehow). Do they help us next year? I have heard talk about stamkos being the 2nd line center for next year, is he really that ready? And what about the defeseman...with scott's assumed departure can they help next year or will that be basically Salcido's job to lose to dipenta?(assuming he stays on the current progressive pace)
I'm not a huge fan of letting teens play without playing in the minors. I mean, it's obvious that players like Crosby do not need this but honestly I like the idea of rounding out the game in junior and one season in the AHL. Usuallay those players can step into the big Club at the age of 20-21.

In Stamkos case, I think he can play NHL-hockey next season but I doubt he can take over the 2nd line at center.

Markus078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 02:15 AM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
Beach screams "Brian Burke" more than any player in the history of hockey.

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 02:20 AM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chone View Post
I agree, Kyle Beach has a certain attractiveness for this team. First of all, can you imagine someone named "Beach" playing somewhere in frosty Canada? LA, Anaheim and Tampa are the only options for him to go to. Second, Getzlaf-Beach down the middle would be a ***** to play against. Third, he has the mean streak to become one of the most hated players in the league, which is just down our alley.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 02:31 AM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post
I agree, Kyle Beach has a certain attractiveness for this team. First of all, can you imagine someone named "Beach" playing somewhere in frosty Canada? LA, Anaheim and Tampa are the only options for him to go to. Second, Getzlaf-Beach down the middle would be a ***** to play against. Third, he has the mean streak to become one of the most hated players in the league, which is just down our alley.
florida? but anyway i didnt know beach is a center he sound like a better fit for the team....pery-getz-kunitz and ryan-beach-?? also what is the deal with ebbet simply an AHL stud or trade bait only?

Old
02-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
florida
I actulla thought they were higher up in the standings and wouldn't have a chance at him but Miami is definitely a good place for a Beach.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Pwnasaurus

Quote:
Talent aside I think I'd like Stamkos much more right now. We need a change of pace on a 2nd line next season and Stamkos/Kunitz would provide that.

Old
02-06-2008, 09:38 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
I actulla thought they were higher up in the standings and wouldn't have a chance at him but Miami is definitely a good place for a Beach.
Florida doesn't have a chance at Beach. Their draft pick belongs to Nashville (Vokoun trade).

Old
02-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Cone

Quote:
I think everybody would rather have Stamkos, but I would be THRILLED if we got Beach. I think Beach is the player Burke wishes Bobby Ryan was.

I'm hearing he might be best as a left winger. Imagine Beach-Getzlaf-Perry. He epitomizes the Ducks style, he's got a mean streak and an incredible work ethic, he is gigantic, loves to get dirty, all without compromising skill. Not that he is as skilled as Stamkos and not that Burke would pick him instead, but I think the Kings and a few east coast teams will get the first 3 or 4 picks, and hopefully we can get Beach around 5 or so.

I agree with his name too, just another reason he would fit perfectly with this team.

Old
02-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Pwnasaurus

Just once I would like to be able to carry the puck into the offensive zone.

Old
02-06-2008, 02:16 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
I think everybody would rather have Stamkos, but I would be THRILLED if we got Beach. I think Beach is the player Burke wishes Bobby Ryan was.

I'm hearing he might be best as a left winger. Imagine Beach-Getzlaf-Perry. He epitomizes the Ducks style, he's got a mean streak and an incredible work ethic, he is gigantic, loves to get dirty, all without compromising skill. Not that he is as skilled as Stamkos and not that Burke would pick him instead, but I think the Kings and a few east coast teams will get the first 3 or 4 picks, and hopefully we can get Beach around 5 or so.

I agree with his name too, just another reason he would fit perfectly with this team.
Plus his name is easily changed into a derogatory word. Like Perry. Just hope he doesn't get sent to jail, because then the nickname gets really bad.

Old
02-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Cone

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Plus his name is easily changed into a derogatory word. Like Perry. Just hope he doesn't get sent to jail, because then the nickname gets really bad.
Corey Fairy and Kyle *****!

Old
02-07-2008, 04:58 AM
lijay55

Guys..i have bad news !!!! The kings have re-called Dan Cloutier! I think they knew our edm 1st is starting to threaten them

lijay55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 06:38 AM
bleuer

Send a message via Yahoo to bleuer
EDM is not going to finish in the bottom 5! TOR, LAK, TAM and CHI will be further down...and my guess for no. 5 is the NYI.

bleuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 07:45 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lijay55 View Post
Guys..i have bad news !!!! The kings have re-called Dan Cloutier! I think they knew our edm 1st is starting to threaten them

chaosrevolver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Looks like Cloutier's cleared, he might play against Detroit tonight. Can you say tank?

Old
02-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Theridion

Quote:
Post of the day

Theridion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Nikko*

And WE'RE conspirators???

Nikko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Theridion

Pick up date:

Edmonton is currently sitting at 6th worst in the league, but they have played equal or less games than every team 'ahead' of them. i.e. they are tied in points with St. Louis, but Edmonton has played 4 more games than St. Louis.

The NY Islanders are making a push for the top by going 2-7-1 in their last 10

the kings had an unfortunate win last night over the detroit red wings, putting them 6 points 'ahead' of Edmonton with an equal number of games played.

Edmonton has plenty of time to make a push down the standings.
GP PTS
St. Louis 52 55
Florida 56 55
Edmonton 56 55
NY Islanders 55 54
Chicago 54 53
Toronto 56 53
Tampa Bay 55 51
Los Angeles 56 49

Theridion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Pwnasaurus

Everytime Edmonton wins I feel a voodoo doll-ish stab in my arm.

Old
02-08-2008, 01:07 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

It's funny because this is the 2nd year in a row we've been cheering for another team to lose since we have their 1st round pick instead of ours. Hopefully Edmonton does a better job of losing than Tampa.

Old
02-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

hopefully toews comes back soon...or is he already back? and damnat vinny score more damn goals