Notices

Spencer Machacek

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Lux Aurumque*

vCash: 500
Spencer Machacek

I've watched a bit of WHL hockey this season, and obviously, I've been most interested in seeing some of our prospects in action. I've been watching as many Vancouver Giants games as possible, and must say that I've been very impressed with Machacek's play. He looks to be shaping up to be a player who will fit in very well on this team once he makes it to the NHL.

Machacek has 15 goals and 11 assists for 26 points in 26 games. He was also named the WHL's "Player Of The Week" recently.

Old
11-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Tristelune

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S. Bach View Post
I've watched a bit of WHL hockey this season, and obviously, I've been most interested in seeing some of our prospects in action. I've been watching as many Vancouver Giants games as possible, and must say that I've been very impressed with Machacek's play. He looks to be shaping up to be a player who will fit in very well on this team once he makes it to the NHL.

Machacek has 15 goals and 11 assists for 26 points in 26 games. He was also named the WHL's "Player Of The Week" recently.
I draft him with my first round pick in my fantasy league! That's how much confidence I have in the guy lol.

Old
11-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Safir*

He was one of the best Thrashers at the rookie tournament in Traverse City. Looking forward to see, what this guy can do in the future. I hope that he develops into a good 3rd line power winger.

Old
11-24-2007, 05:17 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safir View Post
He was one of the best Thrashers at the rookie tournament in Traverse City.
He did look good at camp. A nice pick for the Thrashers.

Old
11-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Lux Aurumque*

I'm thinking that for the number of draft picks we had in the recent draft, we did quite well by picking up Machacek and Lecenius...does anyone know how he (Lecenius) has been doing?

Old
11-25-2007, 07:42 PM
zimthrasher

Quote:
I'm thinking that for the number of draft picks we had in the recent draft, we did quite well by picking up Machacek and Lecenius...does anyone know how he (Lecenius) has been doing?
According to hockeydb.com, Lucenius has 2 assists in 24 games with 8 PIM. I believe that either Holly, or somebody else in the know, mentioned that Lucenius was going to center or play on the fourth line at Tappara Tampere.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=96475

Old
11-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimthrasher View Post
According to hockeydb.com, Lucenius has 2 assists in 24 games with 8 PIM. I believe that either Holly, or somebody else in the know, mentioned that Lucenius was going to center or play on the fourth line at Tappara Tampere.

Ah...so I guess that if he ever makes the Thrash..he'll be a 4th line center.

Old
11-26-2007, 02:09 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimthrasher View Post

Check out Tampere's roster and you'll come to the same conclusion. Two veteran centers occupy the top spots, while the Thrashers draft picks Enlund* & Lucenius play on the bottom spots.

*more info's on Enlund= http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=422317

P.s. Zim, great to have you here. Didn't knew that you also posted on HF.

Old
11-26-2007, 02:35 PM
zimthrasher

Quote:
Ah...so I guess that if he ever makes the Thrash..he'll be a 4th line center.
Not necessarily, Lucenius' talent analysis here on HF states that Niclas is an aggressive center with an edge who likes to crash the crease.

I haven't seen a lot of the Finnish League, but I do know the emphasis is bit stronger on passing, skating, and traditional East to West hockey. Lucenius appears to play a more traditional North American style game, so his skill set may actually translate better to the NHL... this is just purely speculation of course.

If the Thrashers can get Lucenius over in a couple of years to be a third or fourth liner, then I think that is a very serviceable third round pick.

Old
11-26-2007, 02:39 PM
zimthrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safir View Post
Check out Tampere's roster and you'll come to the same conclusion. Two veteran centers occupy the top spots, while the Thrashers draft picks Enlund* & Lucenius play on the bottom spots.

*more info's on Enlund= http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=422317

P.s. Zim, great to have you here. Didn't knew that you also posted on HF.
Thank you. I don't post often on HF because my machine seems to not like the format of this message board, but I commonly check up on this message board as well as the Nasty Nest.

The more hockey the better!

Old
12-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Interesting paragraph I found over at Holly's blog

Quote:
Winger Spencer Machacek and defenceman Jon Blum, two of the squad's best three or four players, dropped the mitts in the midst of skating laps at the end of the session. Usually during a practice scrap two or three guys go over and break it up; this time, with two key players involved, there were 10 or 12 guys in the pile.

No one was saying afterwards what it stemmed from. Everyone was saying that it wasn't a big deal and that both Machacek, the team captain, and Blum, an alternate, had moved on.

Old
01-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Time for an update on Machacek.

He has kept up his scoring pace, and has 25 goals, plus 23 assists for a total of 48 points in 47 games. This puts him 3 points above his point totals of the last two seasons (Both seasons he scored 45 points), and places him 21st in WHL scoring (Leading scorer Colin Long has 74 points).

Old
03-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Yay for Machacek updates that nobody really cares about except me!

He finished the season with 33 goals and 45 assists for 78 points in 70 games. He finished 14th overall in WHL scoring. The WHL playoffs started tonight, and Vancouver's game winning goal was scored by Machacek.

I'm telling you, this kid is going to be a very solid second liner for this team in the not-too-distant future.

Old
03-22-2008, 12:46 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Yay for Machacek updates that nobody really cares about except me!

He finished the season with 33 goals and 45 assists for 78 points in 70 games. He finished 14th overall in WHL scoring. The WHL playoffs started tonight, and Vancouver's game winning goal was scored by Machacek.

I'm telling you, this kid is going to be a very solid second liner for this team in the not-too-distant future.
I appreciate the updates, and I hope you're right about him.

Old
03-22-2008, 06:47 AM
Georgia Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
I appreciate the updates, and I hope you're right about him.
I also appreciate them. Keep them coming.

Old
03-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Big Daddy

The Vancouver Province is reporting that Spencer has signed a three year entry level contract. No terms disclosed. They quoted his agent Jerry Johannson.

This kid has energy and intensity that is unmatched in the WHL. He shows up every night and has really developed his game the last 3 years. Good catch Atlanta!

Old
03-25-2008, 02:17 PM
toph2o

Sounds bound for Chicago for their playoff run.

Old
03-25-2008, 03:06 PM
The Maltais Falcon

Is he on their playoff clear day roster? I can't ever remember how those rules work. I'm sure he wasn't if he was not officially signed but I don't know if that precludes him from playing for the Wolves should Vancouver be eliminated soon. Did Bryan Little sign right when Barrie was eliminated last year or did he sign sooner?

It would be nice to see Spencer get some AHL playoff action. He's already won one Memorial Cup so I'd just as soon see him get a shot at a Calder Cup rather than another Memorial Cup.

Old
03-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
The Vancouver Province is reporting that Spencer has signed a three year entry level contract. No terms disclosed. They quoted his agent Jerry Johannson.

This kid has energy and intensity that is unmatched in the WHL. He shows up every night and has really developed his game the last 3 years. Good catch Atlanta!
Not seeing it on the Thrashers site, but I'm going to assume it's true, with the quoting of his agent. Great news for the Thrashers. He scored another goal in the Giants last game, so he now has 2 goals in the first two games of the playoffs.

Old
03-25-2008, 04:34 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Is there any way we can get an actual link to a story or something? No reason to celebrate if there's no story to celebrate over.

Old
03-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Is there any way we can get an actual link to a story or something? No reason to celebrate if there's no story to celebrate over.
http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...4-1f788c940b10

Old
03-25-2008, 05:12 PM
dj4aces

Thanks! I was wondering if all this was too good to be true.

Old
03-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Thanks! I was wondering if all this was too good to be true.
I know, eh? It looks like DW is finally thinking about the future.

He's gotta be applauded for his recent work. He got us a great return on Hossa, and is now focusing on our unsigned prospects. I want to see Arturs Kulda signed next. I can see him as being a player much like the pre-suck Exelby.

Old
03-25-2008, 08:03 PM
dj4aces

Quote:
I want to see Arturs Kulda signed next. I can see him as being a player much like the pre-suck Exelby.
I support this move, only if he doesn't become what Exelby has.

Then again, it's way too early to tell if he'll suck like Exelby has this season. Ah well. Hopefully we improve this off-season and see a higher number in the W than in the L. A lower GA number would be nice, too.

Old
03-26-2008, 01:47 AM
Lux Aurumque*

The Giants took a stranglehold on the first round series against Chiliwack with a last minute goal in the 3rd OT. Machacek didn't score, but he put up one assist, and had a TON of icetime. I heard his name constantly. He got a few good chances in the first two OTs, but neither he, nor Repik/Bliznak could put the puck in the net on those chances.

He played another great game. Totally deserving of that contract.

Closed Thread