HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist had to be calmed down by Shanny?

Old
11-26-2007, 07:42 PM
John Torturella

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod View Post
As long as he doesn't get mad Kevin Brown style, I'm fine with it.
Its probably a little harder for Hank to get hurt with all those pads on and all.
I was angry when they scored. I dont blame him for being angry. He seems to be the epitome of a perfectionist, he is hard on himself after every goal against.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 09:27 PM
NYRSinceBirth

So? I had to be calmed down too after that goal? I was so pissed, and knowing the type of player Lundy is, he was probably 10x worse than me, and I broke a glass cup lol. I'm glad he's like this, because he can flip out, yet stay focused. Yes, it shows passion, but it also shows that no matter what he's not too good to improve.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 09:43 PM
stranger34

And people talk about DPs ego? I was reading about this in the Post today too. When Henrik is getting pissed enough to have Renney apologize to him and have to be calmed down by Shanny just cause he lost a shutout theres an ego problem. Get over yourself. Its like a pitcher being up 5-0 with two outs and a runner on second and the 2b makes an error, you lose the shutout, record the next out and flip out. its ridiculous.

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 09:59 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
And people talk about DPs ego? I was reading about this in the Post today too. When Henrik is getting pissed enough to have Renney apologize to him and have to be calmed down by Shanny just cause he lost a shutout theres an ego problem. Get over yourself. Its like a pitcher being up 5-0 with two outs and a runner on second and the 2b makes an error, you lose the shutout, record the next out and flip out. its ridiculous.
Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. That's apples and oranges. DP had an ego problem because he acted like he was owed things that he hadn't earned.

Getting upset about losing a shutout isn't an ego problem at all. Not even close.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 10:08 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Have you ever played a sport before? Apparently not it seems, cause this has nothing to do with ego.

Some players just contain their emotions better than others

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 10:33 PM
stranger34

Of course I have played a sport. I teach tennis. Its ridiculous to get that upset about a personal achievement. Its not like it was a perfect game at stake and even then I think most pitchers would contain their emotions than Henrik did here. So he lost a shutout but the team still won. No reason to go off like that.

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 10:43 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Of course I have played a sport. I teach tennis. Its ridiculous to get that upset about a personal achievement. Its not like it was a perfect game at stake and even then I think most pitchers would contain their emotions than Henrik did here. So he lost a shutout but the team still won. No reason to go off like that.
You may think it's ridiculous, but professional athletes take a great deal of pride in their personal achievements. As long as he's not elevating his own achievements above those of the team then I have no problem with it.

And FYI, this is not an example of that -- if he was more concerned about his shutout bid in a game that the team lost then it would be a different story.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 11:16 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Good. His competitiveness is high.

Now we can move on and talk about something else, since we've determined Henrik's competitiveness is high.

RothmanHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
Good. His competitiveness is high.

Now we can move on and talk about something else, since we've determined Henrik's competitiveness is high.
Moving on?! On this board?! Nevar..... mwahahaha...

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 12:10 AM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Of course I have played a sport. I teach tennis.
That explains it...

Did you watch the game? Henke deserved the shutout, and being so close it was taken away. Of course he's going to be pissed. He often gets really pissed off when he lets a goal in, even when it's not his fault. But, he is always able to stick to his game, he doesn't let his temper interfere with his focus, something DP had a problem with especially early in his career.

Honestly, you wouldn't want a goalie who is pissed of when he doesn't get a shutout? You REALLY think it's a personal thing? Would you brush off the shutout as, "Oh well, maybe next time?" What about a goal? "Oh well, maybe next time." What if HL was always so passive as you want him to be? I'd be worried if goals didn't piss off our goalie, because: 1) He wouldn't be motivated to do his job 2) He wouldn't be good 3) We would probably lose a lot more games.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 07:35 AM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Thats exactly the kind of attitude I like to see from a goalie. Absolute refusal to allow in a goal, ever. Its never "OK" to be scored on even if you are still winning.

As far as ego's are concerned, I'm pretty sure that every hockey player i've ever met has an ego. At least on the ice anyway. Its almost like you need it to play the game. not necessarily a jerk or something like that. More like playing with a chip on your shoulder. Maybe those of you who have played or are close to the game know what i'm talking about

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 11:57 AM
viventi

i dont blame him, good for him, he had every right to be pissed.

and its about time renney owned up to something.

viventi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 05:11 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I have absolutely no problem with that. We've seen both extremes between him and a certain Giants QB..and I would much rather have the guy react the way I would be when I'm watching the game. As it was said, as long as he can turn the page and forget about it the next time he takes the ice, I don't see any problems with it.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Bury Your Head

As if that's a bad thing? I think if Henrik was GLAD that he allowed the goal, then we'd have a problem.

DUH.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Passion is never a bad thing IMO, had he not been pissed I would question his heart.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote