HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tanabe, Nash injuries

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2004, 07:01 AM
Plan 9

vCash: 500
Tanabe, Nash injuries

Quote:
The Coyotes have their fingers crossed after putting defenseman David Tanabe and forward Tyson Nash through magnetic resonance imaging tests on Saturday for knee injuries they suffered during the team's two-game road trip.

The results will be learned today, according to team officials.

The Coyotes are hoping Tanabe's test reveals an injury to his medial collateral ligament and not his anterior cruciate ligament, which could be the difference between as little as one month on the injured list or possibly being sidelined for the season.
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...yotes0118.html

Didn't see a thread about this, so hope you guys don't mind me posting. Hopefully these injuries aren't severe. Sounds as though Tanabe has the more severe of the two. I'd imagine that would be a big blow to you guys if he's out for any extended period of time.

Old
01-18-2004, 07:29 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov71
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...yotes0118.html

Didn't see a thread about this, so hope you guys don't mind me posting. Hopefully these injuries aren't severe. Sounds as though Tanabe has the more severe of the two. I'd imagine that would be a big blow to you guys if he's out for any extended period of time.

It would be a huge blow. An awkward hit that was aggrevated because Tanabe tried to keep playing even though his body was not cooperating.

Mara would have to step up his game to compensate. Spiller will be recalled. Phoenix will be on the lookout for another defensemen. Ference is likely to stay longer than anticipated.

Old
01-18-2004, 12:33 PM
Greg

Tanabe out
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona (Ticker) - Phoenix Coyotes defenseman David Tanabe has a torn left ACL and will be sidelined three to four months, the team announced on Sunday.

Tanabe suffered the injury in the Coyotes' 3-3 tie at Detroit on Friday night.

Acquired from the Carolina Hurricanes last June, Tanabe ranks second on the team in ice time with just over 23 minutes per game and has five goals, seven assists and 22 penalty minutes.

A first-round pick in 1999, Tanabe played in 251 games over four seasons with the Hurricanes and totaled 15 goals and 47 assists.

The Coyotes, who are one point behind Dallas for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference, will also be without left wing Tyson Nash for at least the next week due to a sprained left knee.

Nash was injured in the Coyotes' 4-3 loss at Nashville on Thursday. He has two goals and three assists and ranks third on the team with 62 penalty minutes.

Phoenix recalled defenseman Matthew Spiller from Springfield of the American Hockey League to replace Tanabe. Spiller played in 26 games with the Coyotes before being assigned to Springfield on December 30.

Old
01-18-2004, 01:20 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Ow

Old
01-18-2004, 07:15 PM
Stunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
Ow