HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roberto Luongo

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2004, 11:34 AM
  #1
Bennevol10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 445
vCash: 500
Roberto Luongo

How about Flyers trade Justin William, Esche and 2005 2nd round draft pick for Roberto Luongo?

Bennevol10 is offline  
Old
01-15-2004, 11:35 AM
  #2
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
And why would Florida wish to trade Luongo? If you made it Pitkanen, Esche, and a 2004 1st rounder they might consider it.


But I doubt it.

dedalus is offline  
Old
01-15-2004, 12:14 PM
  #3
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
And why would Florida wish to trade Luongo? If you made it Pitkanen, Esche, and a 2004 1st rounder they might consider it.


But I doubt it.
Exactly. Luongo's great and going nowhere, no matter what the offer.

Larry44 is offline  
Old
01-15-2004, 01:02 PM
  #4
jplush76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jplush76 Send a message via Yahoo to jplush76
rumor is florida is willing to trade Luongo for Chris Therien, straight up.

I think the flyers would get the edge on that deal slightly.

****, its not april fools yet?

jplush76 is offline  
Old
01-15-2004, 04:58 PM
  #5
DanKordicsFist
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44
Exactly. Luongo's great and going nowhere, no matter what the offer.
........or the team the Panthers put around him, he's going nowhere.

 
Old
01-15-2004, 06:18 PM
  #6
Verbal Kint*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Bunny Vatican
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,132
vCash: 500
It'll take a lot more to get Luongo. The guy is Florida's furture, he's not to be had for a good backup/marginal starter, a prospect (although a good one) and a 20-30 range pick.

Verbal Kint* is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 05:07 AM
  #7
Dykhuis26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 607
vCash: 500
What did Florida give up to get Luongo from NY? The Islanders knew he was going to be a stud goaltender but gave him up anyway. We can only hope Florida would do the same.

Dykhuis26 is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 08:30 AM
  #8
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 116,023
vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dykhuis26
What did Florida give up to get Luongo from NY? The Islanders knew he was going to be a stud goaltender but gave him up anyway. We can only hope Florida would do the same.
They also "knew" Oleg Kvasha would be a 35 goal scorer.

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 10:35 AM
  #9
kidchrome
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hockey country
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
It'll take a lot more to get Luongo. The guy is Florida's furture, he's not to be had for a good backup/marginal starter, a prospect (although a good one) and a 20-30 range pick.
I wish he would end up in Ottawa for Havlat , Rachunek and Prusek, heck throw in draft picks if you want.....behind a defense that solid he would become the next MR. ZERO

kidchrome is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 11:03 AM
  #10
adurn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
I think the Islanders dealt Luongo on draft day after they drafted DiPietro, or with the full intention of taking DiPietro #1 overall. There wasn't room for two future #1 goaltenders and they figured DiPietro would be the better goalie. I believe the deal was Parrish/Kvasha for Jokinen/Luongo. I guess the hindsight quote would go here, but I don't think it's necessary.

adurn is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 12:23 PM
  #11
Big Bill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Land of milk & honey
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennevol10
How about Flyers trade Justin William, Esche and 2005 2nd round draft pick for Roberto Luongo?
I bet it would have to be something like gagne, pitkanen, exche
or williams, pitkanen esche

Not saying the FLyers would do this (no way in hell should they) but to nab Luong it would have to be some sweatheart of a deal.

Big Bill is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 12:34 PM
  #12
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500
I was thinking Pitkanen and Comrie for Luongo and a second round pick (it will be a high second rounder). We would then go into the playoffs with virtually the same team we had last year, plus a top five franchise goalie. Value wise this is fair, IMO.

MojoJojo is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 01:11 PM
  #13
FlyersGuy69
Registered User
 
FlyersGuy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,840
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
I was thinking Pitkanen and Comrie for Luongo and a second round pick (it will be a high second rounder). We would then go into the playoffs with virtually the same team we had last year, plus a top five franchise goalie. Value wise this is fair, IMO.
NO.
Pitkanen and Comrie are not equal value for, as you say, "a top 5 franchise goalie". which I agree. it would have to be something totally ridiculous because they don't have any desire to move him. so you would have to overpay bigtime for him. something like,

to Florida: Gagne, Williams, Pitkanen, Carter & 2nd rounder
to Flyers: Luongo, throw in role player(somebody they don't want) and maybe a low round(3rd or 4th) pick.

FlyersGuy69 is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 02:44 PM
  #14
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy69
NO.
Pitkanen and Comrie are not equal value for, as you say, "a top 5 franchise goalie". which I agree. it would have to be something totally ridiculous because they don't have any desire to move him. so you would have to overpay bigtime for him. something like,
Exactly. Luongo has the makings to be the type of goaltender around which you build your entire team. Can that be said of Comrie or Pitkanen? No. Can that be said of Comrie AND Pitkanen? It's closer but the answer is still no.

Luongo is a franchise player. More importantly he is, like Brodeur, a franchise goaltender, a guy who can carry you far in the playoffs by himself. This is why he's not on the market. It's why he won't be on the market at any price, I suspect.

dedalus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.