HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

which one should i get?

Old
11-26-2007, 01:27 PM
carcillorocks

vCash: 500
which one should i get?

out of these 4 sticks which one is the most durable and light but still gives u a good wrist shot? also which flex should i get, i'm 5'11 and 130 lbs.

1. nike bauer one90
2.nike bauer vapor xxv
3. easton synergy sl
4. easton synergy elite

carcillorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 02:23 PM
newfish

Send a message via AIM to newfish
Get Bauer's. Easton makes horrible equipment. I would try to look for Vapor XX or XXX. Even though they are old model skates, they are very durable.

newfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Hugh Madbrough

bauer xxx lite...

Hugh Madbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 03:57 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by upshallrocks View Post
out of these 4 sticks which one is the most durable and light but still gives u a good wrist shot? also which flex should i get, i'm 5'11 and 130 lbs.

1. nike bauer one90
2.nike bauer vapor xxv
3. easton synergy sl
4. easton synergy elite
First off, don't listen to the previous replies.

Out of the choices given the most durable will be the one90. The XXV is too new to know how durable it will be as the new version of the XX but it will probably remain the second most durable in the group.

The SL and Elite are the same shaft with a different blade(reinforcement on the heel). The SL has horrible durability(as did the XXXlite) and the reinforced heel is supposed to help out the durability... In theory the SE will be more durable.

The SL/SE will have quicker releases and are lighter but they will also be less durable. The one90 and XXV will probably be best if you want something durable.

BUT how much are you looking to spend? The Synergy ST would be comparable to those NBH sticks. The CNT stealth was Easton's top of the line stick and has recently hit lower a lower pricepoint at a lot of retail shops. And of course you could always go "pro stock" if you're not worried about the warranty.

Currently my favorite stick is my pro stock TPS XN10(Scott Gomez is the only pro using the stick at this point), if you can find one I would highly recommend it. The TPS Response lite(R8) is also a great choice. There's a lot more quality sticks out there then there was a few years ago.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Nosebleed Section

First of all if you dont know what stick you should get or what flex for that matter your probaly paying way too much for your skill level. That being said durbaility is a really hard thing guage as it really does vary eg. I heard se/sl are very undurable(?) but my sl has lasted for over a year and the blade is just starting to go now. Other then that the one90 looks good. For flex probaly 85 for whippy up to however stiff you want. Pro stock sticks really are great and you can get good deals on them, especially on ebay and stuff.

Nosebleed Section is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Joe Cole

Second vote for Synergy ST.

Bottom line, a stick becomes your game. The more you can count on it, consistantly, the better your overall game.

You need something light, with a curve you want, and something that will take some abuse without snapping.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 03:18 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojorisin View Post
First of all if you dont know what stick you should get or what flex for that matter your probaly paying way too much for your skill level. That being said durbaility is a really hard thing guage as it really does vary eg. I heard se/sl are very undurable(?) but my sl has lasted for over a year and the blade is just starting to go now. Other then that the one90 looks good. For flex probaly 85 for whippy up to however stiff you want. Pro stock sticks really are great and you can get good deals on them, especially on ebay and stuff.
There are those occasional people that seem to get extended times with their SL/SE/XXX lite and the like. It happens but anything could happen. Prospal is a top 20 point scorers in the league right now... ANYTHING can happen.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 03:55 PM
stick9

Here you go. The 05 Bauer Vapor XXX-Lite for $99.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-ho...-xxx-lite.html

Warning, these may have been made before they addressed the durability issue.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Jake1999

to figure out your flex just subtract your weight by half. i would go with about 75.

Jake1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Of those, I'd go with the One90, supposed to be the most durable of the list. For me, durability usually trumps performance when I spend a lot of money on something.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Nosebleed Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake1999 View Post
to figure out your flex just subtract your weight by half. i would go with about 75.
Thats seems really way too soft a flex thats like intermidiate flex at best. I tip the scales at 150 and I've been useing 100 flex for last couple years.

Nosebleed Section is offline   Reply With Quote