HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Winnipeg Gets a New Franchise

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2004, 05:26 PM
hbk

vCash: 500
If Winnipeg Gets a New Franchise

I know it is an absolutely huge IF, my question for my fellow Winnipeg fans is whether or not your allegiances to the Coyotes would change?

I know it will depend on the team but this is a moral question that each of us is likely to be faced if something like this happened.

Personally, my gut reaction is no freakin' way. I like what this team is doing now and how we are set up to win in the future.

Old
01-17-2004, 06:57 PM
ulf

over time i would become a fan of the new wpg team.....but the yotes would never fall off the map for me.

i'm sure as time went by the players i got to see live would soon enough replace those i've followed all these years....til then go yotes

Old
01-17-2004, 07:30 PM
ducky

For those wondering there is an article on TSN that claims a US based team contacted the City of Winnipeg to ask about relocating the team to Winnipeg. Any guesses as to which team?

My bet is the Hurricanes.

Old
01-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Dancing Chicken

Well I should be a Flames fan if living in the city is the team you should cheer for but I am not, Flames are 2nd but I am a die hard Jets/Yotes fan.. Also I feel with the team we have and theyears to come I belive The Yotes will get more fans then they lose..

Old
01-18-2004, 06:51 AM
PhoPhan

I live in Philly, and I HATE the Flyers.

Old
01-18-2004, 07:36 AM
baldsince16

Send a message via AIM to baldsince16
The team that contacted Winnipeg was my beloved Penguins here in Pittsburgh. They have sold the land they bought that was going to be where the Penguins were going to put their new arena. Mario is also looking for prices on this team to sell. It is a pretty much forgone conclusion that the Penguins will not remain in Pittsburgh four or five years from now, could be sooner if a fair CBA is not reached. So if you live in Winnipeg, you could possibly inherit a team That consists of Fleury and Ovechkin. You can thank the morons who run this city who allowed this to happen. Those morons would be Steeler fans that don't understand how important the Penguins are to the city.

Old
01-18-2004, 11:25 AM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldsince16
The team that contacted Winnipeg was my beloved Penguins here in Pittsburgh. They have sold the land they bought that was going to be where the Penguins were going to put their new arena. Mario is also looking for prices on this team to sell...
Interesting!

Dancin' Gabe rules!

Old
01-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Waldo

I've been a Jets/Coyotes fan since the WHA in the Peg. I don't think I could change loyalties easily. I probably would get season's tickets for the new team but Coyotes would still be my #1 team.

Old
01-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Gwyddbwyll

I didnt read it but apparently the TSN article said it was not the Penguins?

Even though I have nothing to do with Winnipeg I'd probably adopt them as a #2 team. Though I feel bad for the fans who lose their team.. The Yotes were only hours away from becoming the Portland Fog after all.

Which of the Florida franchises is most at risk? Could be one of those..

Old
01-18-2004, 04:22 PM
Wpg Jets

Send a message via Yahoo to Wpg Jets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky
For those wondering there is an article on TSN that claims a US based team contacted the City of Winnipeg to ask about relocating the team to Winnipeg. Any guesses as to which team?

My bet is the Hurricanes.
I've been doing some searchinh and I'm pretty sure it's the Panthers.

Old
01-18-2004, 04:24 PM
sting_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
Which of the Florida franchises is most at risk? Could be one of those..
I doubt it was either of the Florida franchises. Although I don't know much about the Lightning's finances, I do know the Panthers signed a twenty-year lease with the city just last year. They aren't going anywhere.

Old
01-20-2004, 01:01 AM
LT

I was discussing this exact issue with my wife and I have to say I could never drop the Coyotes as my team. I would think that it would only be natural for the new team to start growing on you after a while but who I would cheer for when they played each other, I don't know!!!

On the up side, I would get to see my Yotes here in the Peg wich would be unbelievable. I can't tell you how much that excites me. I know there's a long way to go but I seriously think this is going to happen. Rumor has it that the perspective group is coming to Winnipeg to check us out. Should probably wait til it warms up a bit, little bit of a climate shock to the southern types.

Closed Thread