HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Alexander Nikulin's Blog Part II

Old
10-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Laoghaire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post
Also, according to Sharp's blog - Nikulin's still out with a tender knee.
Clearly he didn't train properly in the off-season.

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post
Why has this thread been un-stickied? Nukes is still part of the organization, and he's probably still doing the blog.
Moz is cleaning up the board.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=558940

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 02:55 AM
RTWAP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post
Also, according to Sharp's blog - Nikulin's still out with a tender knee.
Where 'knee' is an alternate spelling for ego.

RTWAP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 09:00 PM
FeedDaPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTWAP View Post
Where 'knee' is an alternate spelling for ego.
Note - Murray "conveniently" had a meeting scheduled with his agent "for unrelated" issues. Nukes has no reasons to lie. Look at the fact that he did not play in one single preseason game. Zubov - is not talking about the trade, just Nukes - why? May Murray again lying to the Sens fans... and you guys take it like u always do... U r pathetic in this regard.... Murray has never had any respect for the players... (See Mez, Redden... and others)... So is it the players and their agents who are "so bad and disloyal" or is it Murray???

At least Clarke and Holmgren stick by their guys!

FeedDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 09:04 PM
The Reg Season SC
Drafting my Overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck View Post
Murray has never had any respect for the players... (See Mez, Redden... and others)... So is it the players and their agents who are "so bad and disloyal" or is it Murray???

I don't see how not wanting to pay Meszaros 4 million on a longterm deal is not having respect, he got sent to somewhere he could get the deal he wanted, be given more icetime and maybe even a leadership role.

Redden? He was only asked, that's the media painting the picture and the fans not liking his play, I'm pretty sure Murray came out and said he just asked if Redden would like to go to a certain team that wanted him really badly when asked by reporters if a team was interested, he blew them off.

I don't think Nikulin wasn't played for no reason.

All you have here is speculation.

The Reg Season SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 09:05 PM
KingKarlsson

Quote:
Note - Murray "conveniently" had a meeting scheduled with his agent "for unrelated" issues. Nukes has no reasons to lie. Look at the fact that he did not play in one single preseason game. Zubov - is not talking about the trade, just Nukes - why? May Murray again lying to the Sens fans... and you guys take it like u always do... U r pathetic in this regard.... Murray has never had any respect for the players... (See Mez, Redden... and others)... So is it the players and their agents who are "so bad and disloyal" or is it Murray???

Wow you must've done your required reading!

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=551869

KingKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKarlsson View Post
Wow you must've done your required reading!

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=551869
this guy actually has proven to know some inside things with Nukes before.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 01:48 AM
turrible
Sens Rising

Sens are attempting to deal Nikulin:link

Quote:
The Senators are trying to trade prospect F Alexander Nikulin. He asked to be dealt after being sent to Binghamton without getting an exhibition game in training camp. "I've had a couple of calls from teams that are interested," said Murray.

turrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 08:04 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:

Added to my "they hate Murray" list...

Notes :

- Meszaros wanted serious money and long-term engagement, Murray didn't feel it was time to give him... for the good of the team?

- Redden had 2 years to get his game back, he didn't. Murray tried to trade him... for the good of the team. I would feel good if we had Joffrey Lupul and another pick now instead of nothing.

- Others... Who? Nikulin? Murray and Sens management tought they had prospects more ready than Nikulin, i guess that's their job to decide on those things... Schubert? Again, they tought we had players who could do a better job at defense. Again, what's wrong? Team before individuals. I wish it could be like that in my own hockey teams, in order to win more games.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 08:28 AM
Airborne Troll*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mold Spore View Post
Sens are attempting to deal Nikulin:link
Good news, I can see us trading with the Thrashers or a team where Nikulin would make the team right away

Airborne Troll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Ouroboros

vCash: 50
Probably doesn't come as much f a surprise but Nikulin isn't traveling with Binghamton for the season opener tomorrow night. I'd expect him to be traded pretty soon.

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 04:39 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
It'd be nice for them to get a defenseman for Bingo.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Hale The Villain

Alexander Nikulin for Kyle Quincey?

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Ouroboros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Alexander Nikulin for Kyle Quincey?
It's likely he'd be claimed off waivers when Murray tried to send him down to the AHL.

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
It's likely he'd be claimed off waivers when Murray tried to send him down to the AHL.
Damn I forgot about that

Is there any teams that are low on forwards? Anaheim if I can remember correctly is fairly short on forwards

Schubert and Nikulin for Mikkelson/Salcido and a 6th?

Old
10-09-2008, 05:13 PM
KrazyTea*

I don't think Nikulin fits into the Anaheim mold

KrazyTea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Cat Herder
Formerly BigSensFan

Shamlessly Stolen from the Sens official message board

The latest, from Sharp's blog..

* Second-year center Alexander Nikulin, who expressed his desire for a trade last week, did not travel with the team today, when the B-Sens left for Friday's season opener in Toronto. Coach Cory Clouston declined comment on the situation.

* Center Peter Regin (concussion) is skating again, but did not travel. Defenseman Geoff Waugh (foot) and forward Jim McKenzie (shoulder) also remain out.

* Defenseman Mattias Karlsson (undisclosed) did make the trip and Clouston said he's OK to play.

* The B-Sens sent goalie Mitch O'Keefe, forward Pierre-Luc Faubert and defenseman Chris St. Croix to the ECHL's Elmira Jackals today. "(For) how long, I don't know," Clouston said of their departure. "At least for the weekend."

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pb...ssconnects.com

Cat Herder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 06:07 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
The way he talked about O'Keefe possibly coming up again, makes me wonder if Glass is on the trade block too, or if they don't expect Elliott to be there long.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Hale The Villain

I have made a list of possible teams for Nikulin to go to, the bolded ones are the ones that have the most chance while the non-bolded ones don't have as much IMO

Anaheim: Yes, short some forwards
Atlanta: Yes, Nikulin could make the roster quite easily and Schubert would be a nice fit
Boston: No, it's unlikely we would trade him to a division rival and they are even strugelling to get Wheeler some icetime so no.
Buffalo: No, it's unlikely we would trade him to a division rival and they are jam-packed with forwards. Nikulin would flee to Russia before you could say "Wow"
Calgary: Probably wouldn't make the roster and wouldn't be a great fit in Calagry's system
Carolina: Yes, lost Scott Walker and Justin Williams to injuries, he could pobably make the team. And guess what? They don't do conditioning!
Chicago: No, the only way Nikulin would make the team is if a bunch of freak injuries happened to all 10,000 of their better rookies.
Colorado: No, like Chicago they have 1,000,000 better forwards.
Columbus: No, like Colorado they have 1,000,000 better forwards.
Dallas: No, like Columbus they have 1,000,000 better forwards.
Detroit:
Edmonton: Yes, it's unlikely but there are so few choices to trade to, they have to be considered.
Florida: Yes, I am convinced he could make the team and who doesn't want to live in Florida.
Los Angeles: No, like Dallas they have 1,000,000 better forwards.
Minnesota: Yes, it's unlikely but there are so few choices to trade to, they have to be considered.
Montreal: What do you think?
Nashville: Yes, probably could make the team, he seems like a "Nashville" type forward.
New Jersey: No, not sure if New Jersey would be the best enviroment and he probably wouldn't make the team
New York I: Yes, seems like a likely target. They are desperate for scoring and Nikulin would be a good fit and could make the roster.
New York R: No, just no
Philadelphia: NO!!!
Phoenix: Yes, they fell for the trap before with Kaigorodov and he has a chance to make the roster. Seems like a "Phoenix" player.
Pittsburgh: Well anything is an upgrade over Crosby!
San Jose: Nope
St. Louis: Yes, it's possible but unlikely.
Tampa Bay: Why did they waive Ouellet again?
Toronto: Would automatically become the teams best player but we would never trade him to Toronto.
Vancouver: Yes, Vancouver needs all the help it can get for scoring and I am sure he could make the team.
Washington: Even though they love Russian's like they do politics, it just won't happen and lets leave it at that

Old
10-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSensFan View Post
Shamlessly Stolen from the Sens official message board

The latest, from Sharp's blog..

* Second-year center Alexander Nikulin, who expressed his desire for a trade last week, did not travel with the team today, when the B-Sens left for Friday's season opener in Toronto. Coach Cory Clouston declined comment on the situation.

* Center Peter Regin (concussion) is skating again, but did not travel. Defenseman Geoff Waugh (foot) and forward Jim McKenzie (shoulder) also remain out.

* Defenseman Mattias Karlsson (undisclosed) did make the trip and Clouston said he's OK to play.

* The B-Sens sent goalie Mitch O'Keefe, forward Pierre-Luc Faubert and defenseman Chris St. Croix to the ECHL's Elmira Jackals today. "(For) how long, I don't know," Clouston said of their departure. "At least for the weekend."

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pb...ssconnects.com

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Cat Herder
Formerly BigSensFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post

LOL sorry Ski

Cat Herder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
The way he talked about O'Keefe possibly coming up again, makes me wonder if Glass is on the trade block too, or if they don't expect Elliott to be there long.
Elliott is going to be in Bingo for however long it takes an injury to happen in Auld or Gerber..the problem I have is O'Keefe is unproven in the A and who's gonna back him up?? I'd love to see Glass gone but hopefully it would be for a vet goalie for his return..

Old
10-09-2008, 07:05 PM
N Bahn Ahden

I think this latest blog entry is proof that at the very least Nikulin wasn't given a fair chance.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Stanley View Post
I think this latest blog entry is proof that at the very least Nikulin wasn't given a fair chance.
Huh?? Let's see, Zubov stayed in Ottawa over the summer and worked his butt off, Zubov arrived on time for rookie camp, Zubov did not have a 'tude reporting to Bingo, and oh ya, Zubov remains in game shape unlike Nikulin..

No brainer here folks..

Old
10-09-2008, 07:12 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Huh?? Let's see, Zubov stayed in Ottawa and worked his butt off, Zubov arrived on time for rookie camp, Zubov did not have a 'tude reporting to Bingo, and oh ya, Zubov remains in game shape unlike Nikulin..

No brainer here folks..
He didn't get a chance in a preseason game. If you believe what he says, and after a year of being honest on his blog I do, then Hartsburg had his mind made on Nikulin before camp. How is that being given a chance?

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote