HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Nikulin's Blog Part II

Old
11-03-2008, 10:14 AM
mayoradamwest*

vCash: 500
I`m confused. Nikulin didn't make the team because he slept with Tommy Salo on a golf course?

mayoradamwest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Masterplan*

From Sharp's Blog:

Quote:
Murray Addresses Nikulin Situation
Posted 11/2/2008 12:01 PM EST on pressconnects.com
In an Ottawa Sun article this morning, Senators assistant general manager Tim Murray comments on Alexander Nikulin's claims that he will return to Russia on Monday if he is not traded by then.

"We would rather he would just stay and play it out until he does get traded," Murray said. "The problem with him now is he has put himself in a bad position because people have heard he is going home, so they think when they trade for him that he's not going to play for them. He's brought this situation on himself. We've talked to every team and there are some that like him, but they say, 'We can't give up something and he just goes home.'"

Murray told the Sun that the Senators will suspend Nikulin but that he doesn't think that will keep him from playing in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League.
Good work Nikulin....

Masterplan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 12:27 PM
MuffinMan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoradamwest View Post
I`m confused. Nikulin didn't make the team because he slept with Tommy Salo on a golf course?
Hopefully he sticks around Ottawa long enough to use the gift certificate to the Keg he won for getting a hole in one. An impressive feat considering how long and wet the grass was on the putting green.

MuffinMan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Bloggins

Does he need a lift to the airport and a kick in the backside to help him along the ramp to the aircraft because I'm volunteering. Last thing this, or any other NHL team needs is that attitude.

Bloggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsens08 View Post
The Sens should give more chances to their prospect to make the club. Nikulin, Zubov and Elliott should be playing in the NHL this season what the hell are the Sens waiting for??? We need some young blood on this team instead we have Fisher with 0pts -5 in 9 games. I am sure Nikulin or Zubov could replace that bum easily.
Look, for there is already 3 young unexperimented players in the line-up : Foligno, Winchester, Picard. We were supposed to have Lee and Bass as well but they didn't stick to the club because the management tought they needed more seasonning and ice-time in the AHL.

I think 5 "rookies" would have been a lot... so we can't really have more unless we are rebuidling... and we aren't for now... Elliott, Zubov, Lee, Z.Smith and maybe Bass are the next guys to get called up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redden Punches Faces View Post
if the moron wants to play in the NHL then what kind of retard declares he is scampering back to russia if he doesn't make the team? obviously nobody will trade for his stupid ass. great handling by his agent.
Well, Nikulin and his agent don't understand that Nikulin is not an Ovechkin or Malkin prospect... There is dozens of prospects like Nikulin, they don't have any power... but they think they got some... Oh well, no NHL for him i guess

Quote:
From Sharp's Blog:

Murray Addresses Nikulin Situation
Posted 11/2/2008 12:01 PM EST on pressconnects.com
In an Ottawa Sun article this morning, Senators assistant general manager Tim Murray comments on Alexander Nikulin's claims that he will return to Russia on Monday if he is not traded by then.

"We would rather he would just stay and play it out until he does get traded," Murray said. "The problem with him now is he has put himself in a bad position because people have heard he is going home, so they think when they trade for him that he's not going to play for them. He's brought this situation on himself. We've talked to every team and there are some that like him, but they say, 'We can't give up something and he just goes home.'"

Murray told the Sun that the Senators will suspend Nikulin but that he doesn't think that will keep him from playing in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League.
Well, that was so obvious... Threathening to go back to Russia kicks you automatically out of the NHL... No one is ready to give something to get you... doh... His agent is kinda dumb.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Pringles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Well, that was so obvious... Threathening to go back to Russia kicks you automatically out of the NHL... No one is ready to give something to get you... doh... His agent is kinda dumb.

I wonder if the preds would swap rights to radulov? just for fun.

Pringles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 02:22 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
He's officially gone.

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pb...ssconnects.com
Quote:
True to his word, Alexander Nikulin said Monday he is leaving the Binghamton Senators and heading back to CSKA Moscow in the Russian Continental Hockey League.

He practiced with the B-Sens on Monday, but then received a call just before 12:30 from a translator for his agent.

"He doesn't know if they released the contract," teammate Kaspars Daugavins said, translating for Nikulin, "but they said, 'You can go home.' Like, pretty much, he can go. So he doesn't know hundred percent about (the) contract, but his agent said, 'You can go home.'"

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Zorf

I'm hoping that the NHL impliments a rule that states:

Any player who is under a contract with the NHL, but decides to leave to go play in another league, wil receive a lifetime ban from playing in the NHL.

Now, there would have to be a whole bunch of legal mumbo-jumbo about buyouts and players having the option to leave (Isbister), and whatnot.

Essentially, if you want to **** off and go play somewhere else, and not honour your contract, then, make sure you are prepared to spend the rest of your playing career in some Siberian outpost.

So, I hope that Nikulin never comes back. Stupid loser.

Zorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Goodbye, Nukes.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Masterplan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Funny how we're just about to hit 1000 posts in the Nikulin thread Part 2 and now he gone.

Masterplan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 02:25 PM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

what a weird saga that was

IdiotsPickedMyName* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Marble

Oh well, it was good while it lasted. Too bad we couldn't get anything for him, but it's not like he gave us a lot to work with.

Marble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Germz
4th liners ftw

Goodbye, Nikulin.

Helloooooooo Zubov!

Germz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Caseus
squirrelly wrath

I don't blame Nikulin for leaving. In his shoes I would probably do the same. But after everything that's gone on this season, I wouldn't draft another Russian in the first two rounds unless I was absolutely 100% sure, no doubt at all, swear on Angelina Jolie's backside, that the prospect could play in the NHL right now.

Caseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 03:47 PM
BigEyedPhish

I honestly do not see us taking a Russian in a few years unless it is an obvious steal.. After Kaigadorov, Bashkirov who is missing in Siberia, and Nikulin who will soon be missing in Siberia. I can't see Murray going after any russians anytime soon, which is fine by me..

I think Murray is gonna be focusing on Swedes, Canadians, with the odd American here and there..

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 03:58 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Peace out you bum!! I hope we never see your average skills and terrible attitude in the NHL.

Nice to be done with the drama.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
I wonder if he'll keep up the blogs.

Even if he does, thank you ThirtyFive for the awesome translating you've done from the beginning of all this. Much appreciated!

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 04:18 PM
jmor
Sens and Jets

almost at 1000 posts.... lol

jmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 04:18 PM
VermetteFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SilverCup View Post
I wonder if he'll keep up the blogs.

Even if he does, thank you ThirtyFive for the awesome translating you've done from the beginning of all this. Much appreciated!
Good point, i think ThirtyFive may have been under appreciated for his translation services. Large thanks goes to ThirtyFive for providing those services during Nikulins time here.

As for the story, this sucks, probably a worst case scenario. I had high hopes for Nukes since i started reading his blog last year.

VermetteFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 04:41 PM
mayoradamwest*

I shall forever hold a grudge against anyone named Alexander.

but I won't hold grudges against anyone who is 35.

mayoradamwest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Kamina
Amok

Thanks 35. Hopefully Zubov makes the team this/next year.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 04:48 PM
turrible
Sens Rising

thirtyfive, thanks for all your contributions.

It will be interesting if Nikulin ever follows up with a tell all blog about the situation.

turrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 05:00 PM
jamiebez

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermetteFan View Post
Good point, i think ThirtyFive may have been under appreciated for his translation services. Large thanks goes to ThirtyFive for providing those services during Nikulins time here.
Yeah, that dude deserves all the props he can get.

Good job, ThirtyFive

jamiebez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 05:20 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
It's not over just yet...

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pb...ssconnects.com
Quote:
Ah, yes, another interesting twist. Just spoke with B-Sens coach Cory Clouston, and he said Nikulin will head first to New York City for the next couple days, and that "something still may happen." Regardless of that "something," though -- and Ottawa reportedly has been shopping him for several weeks -- Clouston confirmed Nikulin's tenure with Binghamton appears over.

"He made some pretty good strides last year," Clouston said. "He was our first-line center man last year, a top-two line center man for the most part. And I still think he's got a future in hockey. But, obviously, it's not going to be with us."

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Scrambllllle

Thanks for nothing but a whiny blog and an air of undeserved self righteousness.

Scrambllllle is offline   Reply With Quote