HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Traveling from NJ to see a Blackhawks game -- need some travel ideas

Old
11-26-2007, 11:54 PM
The98thDegree

vCash: 500
Traveling from NJ to see a Blackhawks game -- need some travel ideas

I'll be taking a little mini-vacation to Columbus on the 8th, and then Chicago on the 9th. I'm a Rangers fan, but I really enjoy Western Conference hockey and like to check out the other buildings in the league.

Is there anything to do in the immediate area of the United Center? I'd heard there's not a whole lot going on around the arena, but I wanted to ask and see exactly what there is to within walking distance. I have a lot of time to kill, so any help would really be appreciated. Thanks guys.

The98thDegree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The98thDegree View Post
I'll be taking a little mini-vacation to Columbus on the 8th, and then Chicago on the 9th. I'm a Rangers fan, but I really enjoy Western Conference hockey and like to check out the other buildings in the league.

Is there anything to do in the immediate area of the United Center? I'd heard there's not a whole lot going on around the arena, but I wanted to ask and see exactly what there is to within walking distance. I have a lot of time to kill, so any help would really be appreciated. Thanks guys.
While the area around the UC isn't as bad as it once was, there's not much in the immediate vicinity to see. I'd suggest you grab a cab and go downtown in 5 minutes or less though. Grab a great dinner, go to the top of the Hancock or Sears Tower, go to Navy Pier or a museum. There's a ton of stuff to do downtown.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 03:40 PM
not dominator

I don't usually walk around the United Center but theres a Billy Goat within walking distance so you can go there and get a borger before the game. Other than that uhh...check out Malcom X College?

Theres really nothing in the area, but its easy to get to from the loop so thats a plus.

not dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 11:00 PM
The98thDegree

Thanks guys, looks like I'll be spending most of my time away from the arena. Anyone know if it's possible to meet the players for autographs after the game? This is really easy to do at MSG, but I'm guessing it's harder at other places...

The98thDegree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Metallian*

yeah, i could use the tip as well. planning a trip or two to a hawks game (from toronto) this season; never been to chicago

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote