HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jags (longer) interview in czech newspaper

Old
11-27-2007, 09:08 AM
potvins4cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium View Post
Sounds like he doesn't want to be a ranger anymore...........
This is why you take whatever larry brooks says with a grain of salt. jagr clearly indicates in this interview that he does not know who he will play for when his contract expires. he could have very easily said i do not want to play for anyone else but the rangers. but if you read brooks' column he claims jagr does not want to play for anyone but the rangers. i can see jagr back in a pens uniform next year.

potvins4cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 09:10 AM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium View Post
Sounds like he doesn't want to be a ranger anymore...........
You are reading what you want to. The reporter said those words, Jagr was just responding honestly. The culture in Europe is different than here. Look at soccer, players sign contracts with other teams 6 months ahead of their previous contract expiring, so they aren't afraid of talking about their future instead of using the same old cliches of "I'll think about that when the time comes".

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
NYROrtsFan

Letting Nylander go is what is turning out to be the worst thing for the team... If at all possible, they should look towards trying to get him back. Straka Nylander and Jagr had supreme chemistry together and it was big for the team... They were so good in the offensive zone that it allowed the Rangers to play this system and still find ways to score goals.

Prucha, Mara, Dubinsky for Nylander... This team wins a cup with Nylander back and that first line going as it can be.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 09:48 AM
cr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Letting Nylander go is what is turning out to be the worst thing for the team... If at all possible, they should look towards trying to get him back. Straka Nylander and Jagr had supreme chemistry together and it was big for the team... They were so good in the offensive zone that it allowed the Rangers to play this system and still find ways to score goals.

Prucha, Mara, Dubinsky for Nylander... This team wins a cup with Nylander back and that first line going as it can be.
too much, 2 young guns for a old aging center?
mara, dawes, a pick and mayb moore

cr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 09:55 AM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrprucha View Post
too much, 2 young guns for a old aging center?
mara, dawes, a pick and mayb moore
The inclusion of Mara and Prucha together is for salary reasons. Dubinsky as well because if they were to get Nylander back, he wouldn't be playing much for the next 4 years.

It would put the team in a horrible spot financially with the cap in mind, but I think it wins them the cup this year.

Old
11-27-2007, 09:55 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I bet Renney & Slather get copies of anything that has to do with Jagr giving an interview
Sather yes, Renny no, Thats not to say a copy of this doesnt find its way into the clubhouse. Especially with the other Czechs on the team

11-27-2007, 09:57 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post

Unfortunately NOTHING Nylander has done spells CUP

That would be another risky move, and if it didnt work would cost Sather his job, maybe Renny too. It certainly would get ALOT of attention.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 10:04 AM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Unfortunately NOTHING Nylander has done spells CUP

That would be another risky move, and if it didnt work would cost Sather his job, maybe Renny too. It certainly would get ALOT of attention.
They were VERY close to winning a cup last year. If they had another line that could bring any offense, they probably would have.

And I agree that it would get a lot of attention and be a risk. Although I think it would work on the ice for this year. Every time those three have played on the same line it has been an extreme level of play... It is 3 or 4 years down the road where the team has little money to re-sign the Girardi's of the world that hurts.

Old
11-27-2007, 10:04 AM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
This interview sounds a lot like a lot of interviews with European-based soccer players. Something I've always noticed is that they rarely make statements about wanting to stay in one place or stick with the same team unless they really are willing to take a pay cut for it. There's a certain, non-commital language they use ("the team can do what they want", "I may be here or I may play somewhere else next year") that either American-based sports stars use less often, or doesn't get reported as much.

I'd believe the latter is true, because it doesn't make for rivveting reading. I wouldn't read too much into Jagr's future plans based on this interview.

Thanks for the translation, though!

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 10:25 AM
HAPPY HOUR

After that interview, I don't appease his whiny butt. I put him on a line with Betts and Hollweg until our CAPTAIN shows up with a better attitude. Great player but does that interview show leadership skills???

To bad Nyls didn't go to the Oilers then there would be a chance to reunite them through a trade. No way in hell JJ is going back to the Caps.

If a playoff bound western conf team can figure out a way to land those two at the deadline though..... watch out..

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Synergy27

This thread is full of sensationalism, conjecture and knee jerk reactions. For a second I thought I was at HF Boards.

Wait a minute...

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Klaus*

Edmonton will take Jagr.

He's always praised and wanted to play with Ales Hemsky.

Seems like a good fit, no?

Klaus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hour View Post
After that interview, I don't appease his whiny butt. I put him on a line with Betts and Hollweg until our CAPTAIN shows up with a better attitude. Great player but does that interview show leadership skills??
It's an interview with the Czech media, and it's mostly about himself. What do you people want? He puts the pressure on himself, says he's not playing well and is struggling to work with his linemates. He doesn't blame anyone or bash anyone.

yeah it's not standard sports cliches, but that's hardly the measure of a captain. seeing how many generic sound bites you can generate to placate fans seems like a pretty pathetic excuse for captaincy.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 10:41 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Sather yes, Renny no, Thats not to say a copy of this doesnt find its way into the clubhouse. Especially with the other Czechs on the team
Good point about the clubhouse. I wonder how Dubinsky would feel after reading that. Mixed thoughts I would think. Gomez & Drury I think wouldn't pay any mind to it as they know they are the future of NYR right now.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Levitate

oh good lord you people are thick

Old
11-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Stoney La Rock

I like Jagr and I have a lot of respect for his talent. I don't think anyone can argue with the fact that he's been struggling this year, and I've said it before - if he isn't happy with the way the team is now from his own perspective as a player, then his decision for next season should be to sign with whichever team is best for him, whether it be an NHL team or a European team. The days of viewing any player as "belonging" to one franchise are pretty much gone, with the exception of someone like Brodeur. Pro athletes have a minimum of time to get the maximum out of their careers. I'm not going to cry if Jagr goes somewhere else, and that's not a diss, either. It's simply the recognition that above all it's a business, and like with any career, he should get the maximum return for his investment of time and energy.

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 10:47 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
oh good lord you people are thick
I think most of us are skinny actually.

Nothing better to do than bash your fellow HFBoard Members this morning?

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 11:03 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Don't let the door hit you in the A@@ Jagr. Like I said 10000000 times before the guy is heartless and not a captain the team was built with his friends and his feelings and we will not win with that. The kid from the farm comment is a joke cause the kid has more heart in his butt then Jagr has total. Ok I offically hate Jagrs spineless guts now.
So far off base, IMO.

Jagr busts his ass just as much, if not more, than anyone on the team. He's frustrated with his play right now. Good, he should be. I'd be upset if he wasn't, but it seems that some people will just take what they want to from this article, like everything else.

clmetsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 11:15 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Last week Mark Madden does an interview with JJ where JJ says that he "wouldn't mind finishing his career in Pittsburgh. Now this Czech interview. I especially don't like the comment about maybe the Rangers don't want Czech players.

Again are these the type of comments that you want your Captain to be making?

Whether he is blaming himself or "a player from the farm" or the fact that he and Gomer like to "carry the puck through the middle of the ice" doesn't take away the fact that he is pouting and feeling sorry for himself.

Ask some Pens fans or Cap fans if he has a propensity to do this.

Heck if he wasn't like this he never would have become a Ranger in the first place.

Thats two interviews now in 10 days or so coinciding with two weeks of indifferent play.. Where theres smoke theres fire.

Last edited by HAPPY HOUR: 11-27-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old
11-27-2007, 11:23 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
So far off base, IMO.Jagr busts his ass just as much, if not more, than anyone on the team.* He's frustrated with his play right now.* Good, he should be.* I'd be upset if he wasn't, but it seems that some people will just take what they want to from this article, like everything else.
* Well then explain to me how your teams first line winger who plays 20 minutes a game and takes up more then half of the time on the PP manages 0 shots on goal for what 3 and a half games?

200 minutes of ice time with excellent players and 0 shots......

Last edited by HAPPY HOUR: 11-27-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old
11-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Last week Mark Madden does an interview with JJ where JJ says that he "wouldn't mind finishing his career in Pittsburgh. Now this Czech interview. I especially don't like the comment about maybe the Rangers don't want Czech players.

Again are these the type of comments that you want your Captain to be making?

Whether he is blaming himself or "a player from the farm" or the fact that he and Gomer like to "carry the puck through the middle of the ice" doesn't take away the facy that he is pouting and feeling sorry for himself.

Ask some Pens fans or Cap fans if he has a propensity to do this.

Heck if he wasn't like this he never would have become a Ranger in the first place.

Thats two interviews now in 10 days or so coinciding with two weeks of indifferent play.. Where theres smoke theres fire.

wow someone else who finally gets it. The guy doesn't want to be here

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 11:45 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
* Well then explain to me how your teams first line winger who plays 20 minutes a game and takes up more then half of the time on the PP manages 0 shots on goal for what 3 and a half games?

200 minutes of ice time with excellent players and 0 shots......
Explain it? Sure.....drumroll.....it's called a SLUMP. They happen from time to time. What a bunch of Chicken Littles we have around here.

clmetsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 11:45 AM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
"Do you have any defensive role in this system?
No no. At all. "

The translation prolly made it funnier than it was, but I still got a good chuckle.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 11:59 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Explain it? Sure.....drumroll.....it's called a SLUMP. They happen from time to time. What a bunch of Chicken Littles we have around here.
Probably called the Mets collapse a "SLUMP" too. Oops forgot the drum role tough guy.

Old
11-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Levitate

Or maybe Jagr is really upset at his play, knows he's in his last year and is struggling bad enough that he may not reach his option triggers, and thinks that the Rangers won't want him back with the way he's playing.

So he's thinking about what else he might do after this season.

Jagr has always seemed to be an emotional player and let his feelings dictate his play and interviews a lot. If he's really upset and down on himself, it really wouldn't shock me if he's thinking "no way the Rangers will want me back next year. I wonder where else I could play".