HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

There is NO team option on Jagr next year.

Old
11-27-2007, 02:53 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Another crazy thought of mine... Did anyone think that Jagr doesn't want to score? I mean, ideally, he wants to be a UFA coming after strong season. In this case he will get the best deal contract on his terms compared to pre-determined performance triggered 8.4 million. Can Jagr come after strong season with less then 84 point. Sure, if he wins a Cup, that would be considered so regardless of his scoring stats... So if he do no scoring at the beginning and then starts putting puck in the net, then... I'm not saying he sabotages the scoring, but passing the puck is a good way not scoring himself. And that is what Jagr doing.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 02:57 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTEKJIO View Post
Might as well use Jagr at the trade deadline
Absolutely....earlier even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium View Post
Well this certainly adds to the rumours of him being traded but then again do Slats keep Straka?
Move Straka too. I'd also move Malik and proposed the very idea of moving these 3 players a couple of weeks back.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=440727

I was blasted for even proposing the notion as I couldn't possibly be a Ranger fan. I was also told that I was giftwrapping Jagr and Straka to Chicago and Dallas, however, the intention was to merely bring to light that trading these players, now, might as well be the best long term option for this team.

I don't want any part of a 8+ million cap hit next season when the Rangers need to sign the likes of Lundqvist, Roszival, and Avery to contract extension. If Jagr's big salary prevents that from happening, then that is reason enough to trade him. And trade him now from a relative position of strength rather than waiting until the last minute when it has to get done. Or when we're faced with that contract load and need to offload it to someone.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 03:03 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf22 View Post
Let Jagr and Straka go, Shanny retire and if AO doesn't sign an extension pull a Lowe and sign him to an offer sheet.
What an interesting idea! I'll top it by saying, trade Jagr and Straka now to recoupe as many as the picks as possible that you're planning on using. Minimize your loss and replace Jagr with AO for the long term....brilliant!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Drury would definitely be next in line be the captain IMO. He is a great leader and a complete winner.

Have you guys read this story on him?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...416/index.html

It's an amazing story.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 03:45 PM
The Thomas J.*

Bye bye Jagr!
Trade that Mo-Fo now!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 03:49 PM
ThirdEye

The way I see it, we signed Drury in the first place to be the future Captain. He already proved he can lead a team. It also doesn't hurt that he's passionate about playing here (although he still needs to translate that passion to the ice)

I think he still has the jitters from basically his dream coming true, so it will take some time for him to get fully comfortable here.

I can't think of anyone better right now after Jagr's time is up

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 03:49 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Bye bye Jagr!
Trade that Mo-Fo now!
this is sad. You are talking about a key player that has led us to the playoffs for the last two seasons not some scrub. Jeeez do some fans really have that short of memories. He's gonna be fine and we're gonna make the playoffs. This bashing is making me sick.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

I really don't care. I'm not impressed with Jagr anymore.

It's not like I don't appreciate what he did for the team, he was great for his time here, but it's time to part ways.

I would love to see him + straka + malik go for some nice younger guys (but not too young).

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Malik, or Straka either, but if we get rid of them now before their next year retirement or what not (Straka and Shanahan WILL retire, and possibly Jagr). So we can actually get something for them.

If you give Jagr, Straka, Malik somewhere for some nifty picks and young talented forwards and a puck moving d man I'd be all for it. I just hope the rest of the team doesn't get discouraged and loses confidence because 3 very known team guys get traded (especially Shanahan).

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 04:34 PM
eco's bones

Way too early to press the panic button. I think Jaromir for what he's done deserves a little bit better than to be called out as some kind of bum. If the Rangers are holding it together come mid-February and if we expect them then to make noise in the playoffs we are going to need him no matter whether he's coming back next season or not. If not--then maybe we try to move him and maybe do another purge because without Jagr coming back more than likely a lot of vets are going to be following him. There are a number of other UFA's to be Avery, Roszival, Malik, Mara, Straka, Shanny--losing Jagr may effect the decisions made by the team and each and every one of the players listed above.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 05:02 PM
TUQ

Jagr still is a top notch hockey player who has an ability to decide games on his own. He still is a Mr. Hockeyplayer and even at 36 he is the best player (Lundqvist aside) of this team.

It just happend that he got himself into a slump which lasts for about 6 games. But watch and see, when the playoffs will be knocking on the door, you will see the old Jagr as you know him.

There is no reason for him nor Shannahan to burn out now when things matter little. The team is actually able to win even if Jagr is playing crap and that is a good sign (unlike last two years). Watch out for this team when Jagr starts playing.

Jagr will put up 11 points in next 6 games and will make you guys eat your words.

TUQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Bury Your Head

^^^ I really hope so too because I'm getting sick and tired of reading about "Jagr needs to get traded" and all that garbage. It's 20 something games into the season. When we're in last place or out of contention, that's when you complain.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 05:34 PM
TheRedressor

LMAO Jagr has the type of luck that he will finish with 83 points on the season and then be forced to win the Conne Smythe Trophy to get that contract extended lol

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
LMAO Jagr has the type of luck that he will finish with 83 points on the season and then be forced to win the Conne Smythe Trophy to get that contract extended lol
I actually hope Jagr JUST misses the mark and has to perform way above calling in the playoffs to get the $$$. And you know he would so he could get his payday.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Bury Your Head

I believe he has to reach the 84 point mark AND the team has to go past the 1st round in order for the option to kick in.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
I believe he has to reach the 84 point mark AND the team has to go past the 1st round in order for the option to kick in.
I think him winning the Conn Smythe automatically kicks it in.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

If Jagr helps the Rangers win a cup I can see Sather bringing him back for another year or two at most. But if they don't, I doubt he will want to have another cap hit in the $7-$8 million dollar rage.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 08:12 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
this is sad. You are talking about a key player that has led us to the playoffs for the last two seasons not some scrub. Jeeez do some fans really have that short of memories. He's gonna be fine and we're gonna make the playoffs. This bashing is making me sick.
Not @ all, I apperciate everything he has done in the past, expectations for Jagr that were set by Jagr were very high this year & he has not lived up to those expectations.
I've seen enough of Jagr in person this season too see that he is NOT the same player he was 2 years ago or even last season. the team goes the way Jagr goes, & right now he isn't going, Jagr needs to be the offensive leader on the ice, Right now he has played more like a role player, which we have an abundance of.

Old
11-27-2007, 08:13 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
^^^ I really hope so too because I'm getting sick and tired of reading about "Jagr needs to get traded" and all that garbage. It's 20 something games into the season. When we're in last place or out of contention, that's when you complain.

For our sake, I hope so too.

Old
11-27-2007, 08:53 PM
beastly115

Jagr looks out of place on this team

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 10:34 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

but if we trade him, we can get alot right?

like a true goal scorer? right?

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 11:35 PM
frankthefrowner

Is Omsk the same team that Cherapanov Plays for?

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 11:53 PM
TheZherdev

well it looks like cherepanovs likely immediate jump to the nhl is becoming more likely by the day.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 12:18 AM
DimaNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
Is Omsk the same team that Cherapanov Plays for?
Yes. Omsk is the city. Avangard is the team's name.

DimaNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 12:18 AM
BklyNYR4Life

it would take a gigantic freefall for Jagr to get traded. I have a hard time holding his offensive stats to a higher standard than the rest of the team, which has as a whole been awful. if I'm going to believe our other top guns are capable of turning it around, I sure as hell believe Jagr is too. and from the limited action I've seen since Straka has been put back on his wing, he has at the least looked more controlling and decisive with the puck. giving him a more experienced, deft playmaking center, ala putting Drury there as seems to be Renney's current plan, should get things in order.

healthy lineup, home game against the fishsticks...I smell a big game coming from #68 on thursday

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 12:21 AM
DimaNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
well it looks like cherepanovs likely immediate jump to the nhl is becoming more likely by the day.
IMO, Cherepanov will need at least some time in Hartford, to get somewhat "acclimatized", if you will. Both in terms of the Rangers' system and NA culture, with the former being most important.

DimaNYR is offline   Reply With Quote