HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

GDT: 11/28/07. Florida Panthers at Washington Capitals. Verizon Center. 7p.m.

Old
11-28-2007, 11:14 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
GDT: 11/28/07. Florida Panthers at Washington Capitals. Verizon Center. 7p.m.

Hear is thine game thread.

TV: Comcast SportsNet
Radio: 3WT 1500AM, 820 AM and 107.7 FM
Pregame: Capitals Report/Pre-Cap on www.washingtoncaps.com at 2 p.m.

Florida Panthers (11-12-1)
Washington Capitals (8-15-1)

http://capitals.nhl.com/team/app/?se...ype=2&gnum=351

The lines according to The Tarik.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/capit....html#comments

Quote:
Forwards:

Ovechkin-Nylander-Clark
Pettinger-Kozlov-Semin
Laich-Steckel-Gordon
Brashear-Backstrom-Bradley

Defense:

Morrisonn-Green
Schultz-Pothier
Jurcina-Poti

Goal:
Kolzig will start.

Scratches: Erskine, Eminger and Fleischmann.

11-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Willsie Still sucks!

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Biscuit Bullet

Send a message via AIM to Biscuit Bullet
Why isn't Semin at LW? His entire offensive game is predicated on shooting from the offwing.

Biscuit Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 11:32 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

I think I actually like this line up....especially the D parinings. Still weird having Backstrom on the 4th...but as long as he's getting first unit PP time I'm happy.

Now we'll end up losing 5-1 or something.

4-3 Caps!

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 12:05 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Cory's got a little insight on the way BB manages a roster. It's a good read.

Link

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 12:13 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit Bullet View Post
Why isn't Semin at LW? His entire offensive game is predicated on shooting from the offwing.
It's sad that none of the other players (Petty/Flash) seem to be able to switch adequately to the RW so we have drop our 2nd best talent because he can adequately play there.

But I think Semin can be an effect RW.

edit: Forgot 4-3 Cats. Their streak continues.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 12:41 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
He is such a dynamic player that I feel he can score from anywhere. If not, we as humans learn to adapt pretty quickly. He hasnt really been lighting it up off wing this year anyways so maybe Bruce is onto something. We are still thin at RW with Kozlov at center, IMO. He has a monster wrister that he can shoot from anywhere. At least he can use the boards to protect the puck in exchange for a worse shooting angle.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 12:48 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
He is such a dynamic player that I feel he can score from anywhere. If not, we as humans learn to adapt pretty quickly. He hasnt really been lighting it up off wing this year anyways so maybe Bruce is onto something. We are still thin at RW with Kozlov at center, IMO. He has a monster wrister that he can shoot from anywhere. At least he can use the boards to protect the puck in exchange for a worse shooting angle.
Semin still scored late last year when he had some stints at RW. He just hasn't not been healthy/rusty this year. I don't think people should get to worried about it atm.

usiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 01:10 PM
txpd

Quote:
So that those that are inclined have something to complain and second guess about.

See, the Caps are not going to provide us with a coach that will let us choose the lineup and the lines and pairings.

How many more games will it be before we start to see complaints about how many games in a row Olie has played? Johnny isn't going to play for a while.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 01:18 PM
bottleCAPS

Send a message via AIM to bottleCAPS Send a message via MSN to bottleCAPS Send a message via Yahoo to bottleCAPS
caps win again tonight i feel it in my bones.

bottleCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Biscuit Bullet

Send a message via AIM to Biscuit Bullet
If we don't at least put up a good fight tonight, I will have lost almost all faith in this team. We need to win 5 of the next 7 if we want to keep hope alive.

Biscuit Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 01:40 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Quote:
If we don't at least put up a good fight tonight, I will have lost almost all faith in this team. We need to win 5 of the next 7 if we want to keep hope alive.
The problem with bringing your all in the first period, as we have to do at the Verizon Greenhouse Center, is that you cant bring that extra push in the 3rd we have all seen so many times. It used to be when you were losing in hockey, you would see a mad frenzy to score late in the game. Or a captain type would do something to stir the pot, goad a guy into punching him, a big hit, bump a hot goalie, something, when skating up and down the wing wasnt doing anything. Then if nothing else worked, you would see the mad as hell sore losers doing their thing and we all went home - hey they tried everything they could but we still lost. It was always exciting. Since the strike, I just dont see that as much anymore, for whatever reason. Players give the exact same effort for 60 minutes, there are no sore losers, captains skate off the ice in an embarassing loss like everyone else. Its not as exciting to me when you dont see a team put up a fight, and I think you are more apt to losing.

Old
11-28-2007, 01:44 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Semin still scored late last year when he had some stints at RW. He just hasn't not been healthy/rusty this year. I don't think people should get to worried about it atm.
I don't buy it. I defended AS all last year but his lazy, selfish approach to the game is getting worse, not better.

At one point on Monday he high/lacrosse-sticked a puck down the rink for an icing needlessly and I rolled my eyes. He makes half-assed subtle plays all game that kill rushes.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Devil Dancer

Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

52-0 Caps!

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 01:55 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
I don't buy it. I defended AS all last year but his lazy, selfish approach to the game is getting worse, not better.

At one point on Monday he high/lacrosse-sticked a puck down the rink for an icing needlessly and I rolled my eyes. He makes half-assed subtle plays all game that kill rushes.
IMO that is a little over the top. I can't throw semin under the bus yet considering it isn't like he has been healthy...I doubt he is 100 percent yet either plus rusty as far as game shape.

usiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 01:57 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

52-0 Caps!
Devil Dancer is right. Psychotic, but right. We gotta take these bursturds. Caps 4-2. Green Ovey Backstrom and Ovey.

Old
11-28-2007, 02:01 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Devil Dancer is right. Psychotic, but right. We gotta take these bursturds. Caps 4-2. Green Ovey Backstrom and Ovey.
'Dey uk r jawbz'

nice avatar and byline BTW.

Old
11-28-2007, 02:19 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
'Dey uk r jawbz'

nice avatar and byline BTW.
thanks, that was a great game. Minny at Washington, a frustrated Randy Moss walked off the field before the game was over. And if thats an anagram, I need help! I know Animal House inside and out. OUT WITH IT!

Old
11-28-2007, 02:34 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
thanks, that was a great game. Minny at Washington, a frustrated Randy Moss walked off the field before the game was over. And if thats an anagram, I need help! I know Animal House inside and out. OUT WITH IT!
It's a South Park quote spun off the same idea as 'we got to take dem basturds'.

edit: it was a bunch of rednecks being upset and blaming everything on 'they took our jobs'.

Old
11-28-2007, 02:42 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
It's a South Park quote spun off the same idea as 'we got to take dem basturds'.
10-4. I lost interest in SP a few years back. I get my cartoon fix from the OLD Simpsons episodes.

A vision, Semin will break out tonight, as long as his ankle isnt still broken. If we can get him scoring, many of our problems will suddenly be gone.

Old
11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
txpd

Quote:
The problem with bringing your all in the first period, as we have to do at the Verizon Greenhouse Center, is that you cant bring that extra push in the 3rd we have all seen so many times. It used to be when you were losing in hockey, you would see a mad frenzy to score late in the game. Or a captain type would do something to stir the pot, goad a guy into punching him, a big hit, bump a hot goalie, something, when skating up and down the wing wasnt doing anything. Then if nothing else worked, you would see the mad as hell sore losers doing their thing and we all went home - hey they tried everything they could but we still lost. It was always exciting. Since the strike, I just dont see that as much anymore, for whatever reason. Players give the exact same effort for 60 minutes, there are no sore losers, captains skate off the ice in an embarassing loss like everyone else. Its not as exciting to me when you dont see a team put up a fight, and I think you are more apt to losing.
Now we know why you love hockey so much. Sore losers.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

If I was coach these would be my lines.

Ovechkin-Kozlov-Semin
Laich-Nylander-Gordon
Pettinger-Backstrom-Clark
Brashear-Steckel-Bradley/Flash

Poti-Morrisonn
Green-Jurcina
Pothier-Eminger/Erskine.....Shultz in Hershey

The 1st line would have great chemistry, Kozlov and Ovie know each other, and Ovie and Semin know each other, and Semin and Kozlov know each other. They all have played together, and Semin needs something to get his game going.

The 2nd line would have 2 defencive players with Nylander(-13) Gordon and Laich who bring some offence, they both can score and pass, Gordon could take the face-offs.

The 3rd line would go up agaisnt the other teams best line, they could shut them down and be a threat to score. Pettinger needs to get out of a slump so put him with a great playmaker like Backstrom.

The 4th line would be HUGE. They have played together ealier in the season, and Flash would add some offence to that line.

Poti and Morrisonn would be awesome together, both are steady and Poti brings some offence.

Green and Jurcina would be good because Jurcina needs to be with a good, fast skater, and Jurcina is a phyiscal player.

Pothier and Erskine/Eminger would be pretty shacky but would get the least amount of ice time. Eminger dresses agaisnt small, fast teams, Erksine dresses agaisnt big, physical teams.

That's the way i would do it, but i'm not the coach and i never will be.

4-0 Panthers.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Jonathan Iilahti*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post

52-0 Caps!
The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? I thought it was the Japanese.

Jonathan Iilahti* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Marshall
Too right, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher0805 View Post
The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? I thought it was the Japanese.
Forget it. He's rolling.

Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Roccoman

Cats have our number. can BB buck the trend ?!?

Zednik scores.

Roccoman is offline   Reply With Quote