HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Leafs proposals?

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2004, 08:00 AM
albathegreat*

vCash: 500
Leafs proposals?

If Toronto loses to Philly again tonight, will it be time to make an adjustment in the near future? Time to get some help on the Blueline? Now Ive been really happy with the defence's play this year but come playoff time and Toronto needs to get by the Flyers and the Sens, not to mention the Devils, they will need a solid D-man to hold the fort.

Also Leaf fans seen what we may also seen last night and that was a dog, Keith Primeau was dogged over Mats Sundin all night, he played against him all night and he did an excellent job, does Toronto have one of these so called " dogs ", Im not sure they do.

Now I also no that not every team is just giving these guys away, it will be very hard to get one of these, two would be nice though, so here's my proposal, will Toronto get two birds with one stone?

Toronto: Mike Peca-Roman Hamrlik/Adrian Aucoin?

Now this is the tough part what can they give up??

Also anyother teams have these so called " Dogs " that maybe could be available?

Old
01-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almothegreat
Also anyother teams have these so called " Dogs " that maybe could be available?
This ain't your local neighberhood son, there's no such thing as dogs or dawgs in the NHL.

Old
01-17-2004, 08:15 AM
albathegreat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon
If the Leafs want Peca,Hamrlik and Aucoin, they'll be paying a pretty penny to get them off the island. If the leafs did get these guys without giving up much of their roster, they'd be a serious contender.
Sorry bout that i was meaning either Acucoin or Hamrlik.

Old
01-17-2004, 08:16 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
This ain't your local neighberhood son, there's no such thing as dogs or dawgs in the NHL.
I disagree. Chris Gratton anyone?

Old
01-17-2004, 08:20 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
If Toronto loses to Philly again tonight, will it be time to make an adjustment in the near future? Time to get some help on the Blueline? Now Ive been really happy with the defence's play this year but come playoff time and Toronto needs to get by the Flyers and the Sens, not to mention the Devils, they will need a solid D-man to hold the fort.

Also Leaf fans seen what we may also seen last night and that was a dog, Keith Primeau was dogged over Mats Sundin all night, he played against him all night and he did an excellent job, does Toronto have one of these so called " dogs ", Im not sure they do.

Now I also no that not every team is just giving these guys away, it will be very hard to get one of these, two would be nice though, so here's my proposal, will Toronto get two birds with one stone?

Between last summer's draft and this past Nov.,the Leafs and Isles have held trade talks involving Peca and Hamrlik what 2-3x?

Toronto Sun says that when MM asked for Stajan to be included in the Peca talks,Ferguson bristled and the talks ended.

If he doesn't want to give up what the isles want for Peca alone,I don't see him giving up what the isles would ask for to get Peca +Hamrlik(or Aucoin).

Old
01-17-2004, 08:33 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

/Sarcasm Mode on

Personally, I'm completely convinced that the Isles are just going to throw in the towel and call it quits. They're two points out of a playoff spot, which is obviously a margin that no team could surmount in the relatively small number of games (41) remanining. So, I expect, that they'll package Aucoin, Hamrlik, Peca and others to the Leafs for Antropov, Tucker, and Berg. In a deal like that, the Leafs would gain immediate contender status, and Isles would get an emerging Norris candidate (Aki Berg), a potential Selke winner (Darcy Tucker), and a power forward who will probably score 40 goals one day (Antropov). That deal would make particular sense given the close relationship between the Leaf and Islander organizations. Also, Tucker has been a fan favorite on the Island for a long time.

/Sacracasm Mode Off

01-17-2004, 08:39 AM
Tiki

Send a message via ICQ to Tiki
Quote:

Toronto: Mike Peca-Roman Hamrlik
I don't see the Isles moving Peca and Hammer to the Leafs. IMO Milbury is saving them for the Perreault, Hossa, Hainsey, and a 3rd package. Of course the Isles would have to throw in a meaningless third liner like Scatchard to get it done, but the value is there.

Old
01-17-2004, 08:57 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki
I don't see the Isles moving Peca and Hammer to the Leafs. IMO Milbury is saving them for the Perreault, Hossa, Hainsey, and a 3rd package. Of course the Isles would have to throw in a meaningless third liner like Scatchard to get it done, but the value is there.

LOL! Guess that /Sarcasm off command didn't take.

Old
01-17-2004, 10:26 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I think you guys have the leafs givin up way to much in this deal. I mean, c'mon, tucker is worth Aucoin and Peca of course. And why throw in a future No.1 D like Berg. And I mean, even Carlaiacovo is worth more than those two. I mean, he is a future Paul Coffey. Although I think this might be a stretch, I think the leafs could offer Wellwood for Aucoin and Peca. Wellwood would give this Isles the scoring threat that they desperately need and Aucoin and Peca can toughen up the leafs. You heard that deal here first!

Old
01-17-2004, 10:31 AM
leafaholix*

The only player I want off the Islanders is Aucoin.

The rest are crap.

Old
01-17-2004, 10:34 AM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
I think you guys have the leafs givin up way to much in this deal. I mean, c'mon, tucker is worth Aucoin and Peca of course. And why throw in a future No.1 D like Berg. And I mean, even Carlaiacovo is worth more than those two. I mean, he is a future Paul Coffey. Although I think this might be a stretch, I think the leafs could offer Wellwood for Aucoin and Peca. Wellwood would give this Isles the scoring threat that they desperately need and Aucoin and Peca can toughen up the leafs. You heard that deal here first!

I hope your joking, "future No. 1 D like Berg"????? Bro, Aki is NEVER going to be a #1. Colaivcavo could only EVER dream of being a paul coffee and Tucker equals Aucoin? are you nuts? Aucoin is arguably the most stable defencemen in the league and is a +22

Old
01-17-2004, 11:10 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
The only player I want off the Islanders is Aucoin.

The rest are crap.

Sigh.

Old
01-17-2004, 11:11 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
I hope your joking, "future No. 1 D like Berg"????? Bro, Aki is NEVER going to be a #1. Colaivcavo could only EVER dream of being a paul coffee and Tucker equals Aucoin? are you nuts? Aucoin is arguably the most stable defencemen in the league and is a +22

Er.....I think that poster was being a tad sarcastic.

Old
01-17-2004, 11:16 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Sigh.
I was hoping for something more.

Old
01-17-2004, 11:40 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
I was hoping for something more.

Sorry, my friend, but a sigh is all you get for that particular post.

Old
01-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Tiki

Send a message via ICQ to Tiki
Quote:
LOL! Guess that /Sarcasm off command didn't take.
I think you needed a \ instead of a /

\Sarcasm off

See, Darth, thats all it takes. I'll try it now.

Milbury is the savior of the Isles franchise!

Crap, sarcasm's still on. I guess you'll have to go to a support site to figure it out.

Old
01-17-2004, 02:21 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Sigh.
no doubt, isles have some players i'd adore getting on my team. scatchard, niinimaa, kvasha, bates, blake...

lots of good stuff

Old
01-17-2004, 04:39 PM
albathegreat*

Well there's the lost and there was another example of what we need, so far the Leafs record is:

Ottawa:1-1-0
Flyers:0-3-0
Devils:0-1-2

Not very good against the teams the Leafs need to beat, after this loss is it time more than ever to make a deal?

Or will they wait until they get a healthy lineup and wait until they play these teams again and see what happens?

Only time will tell

Ps, Mogilny-Kaberle-Klee-Reichel-Nolan, probably would have changed these past few games outcome a little different.

GO LEAFS GO

Old
01-17-2004, 05:09 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
no doubt, isles have some players i'd adore getting on my team. scatchard, niinimaa, kvasha, bates, blake...

lots of good stuff
Me too.

Hamrlik, Niinimaa, Aucoin, Scatchard.

Old
01-17-2004, 05:22 PM
blah

Roberts, Domi, and Tucker could each use a scrotum. Anybody have 3 available?

Old
01-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
blah could use a life, any available?

Old
01-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
did someone forget their rydalin

Old
01-17-2004, 05:45 PM
DARKSIDE

Quote:
/Sarcasm Mode on

Personally, I'm completely convinced that the Isles are just going to throw in the towel and call it quits. They're two points out of a playoff spot, which is obviously a margin that no team could surmount in the relatively small number of games (41) remanining. So, I expect, that they'll package Aucoin, Hamrlik, Peca and others to the Leafs for Antropov, Tucker, and Berg. In a deal like that, the Leafs would gain immediate contender status, and Isles would get an emerging Norris candidate (Aki Berg), a potential Selke winner (Darcy Tucker), and a power forward who will probably score 40 goals one day (Antropov). That deal would make particular sense given the close relationship between the Leaf and Islander organizations. Also, Tucker has been a fan favorite on the Island for a long time.

Potential Norris, Selke and 40 goal scorer? How generous of the Leafs. Mad Mike maybe crazy, but not that crazy!

/Sacracasm Mode Off

Old
01-17-2004, 05:52 PM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

They'd need a brain first.

Old
01-17-2004, 05:58 PM
leafaholix*

Quote: