HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PHI/CGY proposal

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2004, 07:43 AM
Sled2300

vCash: 500
PHI/CGY proposal

With PHI D-core hurting and CGY O-core hurting does now finally make sense for trade talks?

To PHI
Gauthier + ???

To CGY
Williams/Gagne/Handzus + or not ???

Williams and Gagne have been slumping and although thier value has not dropped too much it could be a right time for Sutter to come calling for one of them. Handzus has really picked his game up this year once thought of as the most expendable of the three I would say he is the hardest to acquire now. On the same note Gauthier's value has gone up this season as well (not as much as Handzus but up none the less). Cgy would have to pony up a decent pick/prospect/role player in order to see something worked out but I feel there is potential to work something out. Mclennan could be the backup G that PHI needs and would be nothing more then a throw-in on any deal that might get done.

Old
01-19-2004, 07:46 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled2300
Handzus has really picked his game up this year once thought of as the most expendable of the three I would say he is the hardest to acquire now.
Since when? Handzus has really been off this year from last year. Flyers don't need Gauthier, if they pick up a defenseman it'll be a UFA rental.

Old
01-19-2004, 08:00 AM
Sled2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Since when? Handzus has really been off this year from last year. Flyers don't need Gauthier, if they pick up a defenseman it'll be a UFA rental.
From what I've seen of Handzus, he has been very solid defensively and as of late has been adding in the offensive dept that Williams and Gagne have dropped the ball in.

Old
01-19-2004, 08:16 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:

I agree with the UFA rental, but I wouldn't say they don't need Gauthier either. Something they've been missing since McGillis was traded was a hard, physcial defenseman who is a big hitter. I think Gauthier is a good fit here.

Old
01-19-2004, 08:18 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I agree with the UFA rental, but I wouldn't say they don't need Gauthier either. Something they've been missing since McGillis was traded was a hard, physcial defenseman who is a big hitter. I think Gauthier is a good fit here.
I'll agree with that, but they don't need him for the price of Handzus, Williams, or Gagne.

Old
01-19-2004, 08:22 AM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled2300
With PHI D-core hurting and CGY O-core hurting does now finally make sense for trade talks?

To PHI
Gauthier + ???

To CGY

Williams and Gagne have been slumping and although thier value has not dropped too much it could be a right time for Sutter to come calling for one of them. Handzus has really picked his game up this year once thought of as the most expendable of the three I would say he is the hardest to acquire now. On the same note Gauthier's value has gone up this season as well (not as much as Handzus but up none the less). Cgy would have to pony up a decent pick/prospect/role player in order to see something worked out but I feel there is potential to work something out. Mclennan could be the backup G that PHI needs and would be nothing more then a throw-in on any deal that might get done.

Holy crap talk about overpaying... Philly gets hosed big time in that deal!!!!

I like Gauthier but no way he's worth Williams/Gagne/Handzus + you'd better alter that deal a bit like

To PHI
Gauthier + + +

To CGY

Since Calgary has little to offer in return other then prospects which Philly has no interest in. Phily would be looking for Gauthier and Iginla for what you ask for. Then Calgary would be overpaying at that point. So try making a smaller proposal...like

Gauthier and a late round pick for Handzus or something like that

Old
01-19-2004, 08:24 AM
CalgaryFan1988

Quote:
I'll agree with that, but they don't need him for the price of Handzus, Williams, or Gagne.

What about Gauthier + Turek for Williams or Handzus + a conditional pick? just a thought...

Old
01-19-2004, 08:32 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988
What about Gauthier + Turek for Williams or Handzus + a conditional pick? just a thought...
Uhh.. no. What praytell would the Flyers do with their goalies? Hackett has a NTC and Esche is the #1. Rotate overpayed junk behind Esche?

Old
01-19-2004, 08:35 AM
Sled2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund

To PHI
Gauthier + + +

To CGY

Gauthier and a late round pick for Handzus or something like that
You do know that I'm proposing for one of Williams, Gagne or Handzus and not all three.

The way I see it, Handzus's value has risen this year while Williams has stayed the same and Gagne's has dropped.

I doubt PHI would be interested in Turek unless he goes on a VERY hot streak starting tonight. Even then I doubt there would be much intertest there.

Old
01-19-2004, 12:53 PM
Steve L*

Turek would probably clear waivers, theres no way the Flyers would touch him for free, necer mind trade for him.

Old
01-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund

I like Gauthier but no way he's worth Williams/Gagne/Handzus + you'd better alter that deal a bit
The slashes mean "OR" not "AND". He's asking for one of those players.

Old
01-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Iggy-4-50

To Philly:

Lydman,Kobasew,Clark and Taratukhin(sp)

To Calgary:

Gagne and Handzus

Old
01-19-2004, 02:08 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
very true, that goes without saying. I'd trade Williams or Gagne in a deal including Regehr or Lydman, but I don't think Calgary would move either one.

Old
01-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Poison

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
very true, that goes without saying. I'd trade Williams or Gagne in a deal including Regehr or Lydman, but I don't think Calgary would move either one.
Lydman for Gagne? Done, the Flames would do that in an instant.

Old
01-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Ozy_Flame

While I agree Gauthier would be a pleasantry on Philadelphia's blueline, I don't think he could fetch any of those three at this point in time. Philly is hurting now, but I think they'll be able to get a cheaper replacement without giving up much, if anything at all. Someone mentioned a hard-hitting defenseman would be nice; I bet Eric Cairns could be had for peanuts, as might Dale Purinton. If inter-Conference trades aren't your cup of tea, then look at Anaheim for one Todd Simpson, or Minnesota for Brad Brown. Hey; even Luke Richardson could probably be had (again).

Unless Clarke is looking to shake up the team, then I don't see Gauthier heading that way, especially not at what we'd be wanting for him.

Old
01-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison
Lydman for Gagne? Done, the Flames would do that in an instant.
I'm not sure Sutter would be as quick on that one as you are.

Old
01-20-2004, 01:55 AM
kolanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
I'm not sure Sutter would be as quick on that one as you are.
I'd have to agree. Especially with Gagne seemingly MIA and on pace for 39PTS.

Closed Thread