HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

NY, Detroit and now Russians

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2007, 11:22 PM
  #1
alexovetjkin
 
alexovetjkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
NY, Detroit and now Russians

Igor Larionov was interviewed by SovSport on his work on new "Open Russian Hockey League" proposal.

Among others involved in development of this proposal are Bob Goodenow and Scotty Bowman.

One of the questions that Larionov was asked was of possibility of giving Ovechkin an offer he couldn't refuse (15 mil / year) to lure him back to Russia to become a franchise player for a new startup league just like Crosby is now for NHL.

Larionov answered that ...it was an "interesting option"...

alexovetjkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 11:27 PM
  #2
octopi
Registered User
 
octopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,679
vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexovetjkin View Post
Igor Larionov was interviewed by SovSport on his work on new "Open Russian Hockey League" proposal.

Among others involved in development of this proposal are Bob Goodenow and Scotty Bowman.

One of the questions that Larionov was asked was of possibility of giving Ovechkin an offer he couldn't refuse (15 mil / year) to lure him back to Russia to become a franchise player for a new startup league just like Crosby is now for NHL.

Larionov answered that ...it was an "interesting option"...
Let us never speak of this again.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 01:11 AM
  #3
The Viking Fury
Registered User
 
The Viking Fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,644
vCash: 500
He's trying to make his own league to compete with the RSL? Bowman is helping this?

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 01:18 AM
  #4
VladNYC
Registered User
 
VladNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,374
vCash: 500
No this is the new league next year. If i am not mistaken this is taking the place of the RSL.

VladNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 07:24 AM
  #5
Otter
Registered User
 
Otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Burke, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 890
vCash: 500
My guess is that he would shred.....edit: do some heavy ballin in that league and then get bored.


Last edited by Otter: 11-30-2007 at 07:25 AM. Reason: to add the word ballin
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 08:07 AM
  #6
Biscuit Bullet
Registered User
 
Biscuit Bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 6,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Biscuit Bullet
Ovechkin has always said he wants to be the best in the best league, meaning he wants to play in the NHL. I'm not too concerned about this, although 15 mil is a lot of cheese.

Biscuit Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 08:07 AM
  #7
CapitalPunishment
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Country: Armenia
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
These rumors are lame.

CapitalPunishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 08:08 AM
  #8
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit Bullet View Post
Ovechkin has always said he wants to be the best in the best league, meaning he wants to play in the NHL. I'm not too concerned about this, although 15 mil is a lot of cheese.
and no TAX... Well almost nothing..

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 10:01 AM
  #9
PSUhockey34
Registered User
 
PSUhockey34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 5,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
and no TAX... Well almost nothing..
I heard the russian tax-free contracts are not really tax free

say a player is offered a $1.5 million per year contract...
it's $1.5 million after taxes in Russia vs here where it's a $1.5 million contract and then it's taxed, if that makes sense

PSUhockey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
  #10
alexovetjkin
 
alexovetjkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
I've heard that normally taxes will roughly eat 50% of the salary of NHL player in US. For laymen it is about 35%.
So your 1.5 mil as actually .75mil

alexovetjkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 03:27 PM
  #11
Backstrom #19
Fire them all
 
Backstrom #19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Savannah Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,180
vCash: 50
Haven't we learned something about the rumors from Russia.

__________________
#hfbro4life
Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 12:02 PM
  #12
nintendowii*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Here is the best thing that can happen.
Ovechkin signs in this russian league for only 1 year, for tons of cash.

Caps next season tank, and get in 2009 tavares....just in time for ovy to come back again for the rest of his career.

caps end up with, stamkos/doughty and Tavares.


Pen's fans crying.

nintendowii* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 02:27 PM
  #13
PSUhockey34
Registered User
 
PSUhockey34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 5,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendowii View Post
Here is the best thing that can happen.
Ovechkin signs in this russian league for only 1 year, for tons of cash.

Caps next season tank, and get in 2009 tavares....just in time for ovy to come back again for the rest of his career.

caps end up with, stamkos/doughty and Tavares.


Pen's fans crying.
that's retarded

you're banking on a lot of what if's for all that to happen


Last edited by PSUhockey34: 12-01-2007 at 03:02 PM.
PSUhockey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.