HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

shootin help

Old
11-25-2007, 05:43 PM
diehardoilfan

vCash: 500
shootin help

i have a bomb of a shot but the only problem is that i have trouble hittin the net right now i use a T.Kaberle Vector. ya so i can shoot the puck/ball really hard but i have alot of trouble hittin the net any suggestions?

diehardoilfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Harbinger04

pick your head up for anything other than slapshot

for a slapshot look at where you are going to hit the puck and try to angle it somewhere near the net, slapshots are supposd to be powerful, not accurate

Harbinger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2007, 07:19 PM
RobertKron

Slap shot: Spot your target, head down to shoot, follow through where you want the puck to go.
Everything else: Head up while shooting, follow through where you want it to go.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2007, 07:36 PM
sc37

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsftw! View Post
, slapshots are supposd to be powerful, not accurate
Then what's the point? Honestly, doesn't matter how hard you shoot if you can't hit the net, so if it means taking an 80% power shot to hit the net anf ilter it thru traffic, then so be it.

And I noticed you mentioned your stick, it shouldn't really have any bearing on your accuracy, unless the lie is really really off.

But also give this site a look see:
www.hockeyshot.com

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2007, 07:41 PM
diehardoilfan

so what ur sayin is tone down my power and put a bit more into the accuracy side?. and does it really matter wat part of the stick i hit the puck with? and lookin down and takin a shot takes alot of time doesnt it and by that time defenders are on u no?

Old
11-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Semper Sens

For wrist shots you are supposed to have the puck at the heel of your stick and roll it towards your toe as you release.

For slapshots maybe try to keep it on the ground so that even if you miss someone on your team can go for a deflection.

Semper Sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Redden Hogalot*

Look where you want to shot and point in that direction. That easy, imho.

Redden Hogalot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2007, 09:53 PM
SSM12

I just got down slapshot aiming well. Everyone here pretty much somes it up. Slappers down, but have a good idea of where you want to shoot it, you can even lift your head up right before you release aswell to try and get em a little more accurate, everything else head up

SSM12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 12:06 AM
diehardoilfan

so another question if u a qb on a pp does it really matter if u shoot high or low cuz i tend to shoot high to the glove side. like do u guys usaulyy pik a spot b4 u get the ball or get the ball and pick a spot

Old
11-26-2007, 01:34 AM
We'reGonnaWin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardoilfan View Post
so another question if u a qb on a pp does it really matter if u shoot high or low cuz i tend to shoot high to the glove side. like do u guys usaulyy pik a spot b4 u get the ball or get the ball and pick a spot
I needed a frickin' dictionary to understand what you just tried to say.
If you're running a powerplay shoot low cause that's how your teammates will get rebounds.

And roll your wrists over.

And invest in some English lessons.

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 05:39 AM
Harbinger04

basically, good aim comes with time and practice, i have played hockey for 12 years and it took me about 2 years to get my slapshot down

just keep working at it (and when i said slapshots are not supposed to be accurate i meant one is trying to shoot it as hard as one can at the net, not specifically aiming for one spot, but instead hoping for a deflection or rebound attempt)

Harbinger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 06:22 AM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardoilfan View Post
If you're on the point, shoot low. It's more likely to get through a bunch of legs and sticks than through a bunch of upper bodies, it's easier to tip, and your teammates won't hate you.

Old
11-26-2007, 10:42 AM
welcomebackwinnipeg

I used to use a Kaberle. Maybe try a new curve. That ones out of control.

welcomebackwinnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 04:34 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins2010 View Post
I used to use a Kaberle. Maybe try a new curve. That ones out of control.
The guy clearly has no idea how to aim a shot, but yeah, it obviously must be the stick.

Old
11-27-2007, 06:28 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
The guy clearly has no idea how to aim a shot, but yeah, it obviously must be the stick.
Depends on the curve, some curves are just a little too wacky and do in fact throw your aim off a bit. However, most of the aiming comes from follow through as well as tracking the shot in your head before you make it.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Jake1999

if you dont know how to aim then i cant imagine you have much of a shot since i find its the follow through that gives you power and aim. you have to make sure you roll the stick over so the back of it is pointed towards your target. You also have to have your wait going towards the target. if its going anywhere besides the net then where is the puck going to go?

Jake1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2007, 07:14 AM
Phoenix

When you do a snapper/slapshot, do you tend to still roll the puck towards the toe of the blade to lift it?

I can do a wrister to adjust whatever height I want, but can't do it with a snapshot. When I watch others doing it, they seem to just shoot with the blade parallel to the puck (heel to mid-blade, and it doesn't move from this spot).

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Thrasha81

Sometimes you can shoot faster and harder by having the head down and use your peripheral vision to spot the direction of the shot. In the past I had my head up to shoot - getting some mis-fires. But lately I've been keeping it down more and improving the quality of the shot and scoring more too. The net is 4x6 afterall.

Kaberle has too much loft for me and is angled inside as well.

Thrasha81 is offline   Reply With Quote