HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackhawk love from Canada.

Old
12-01-2007, 10:32 AM
RyanMac

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RyanMac Send a message via MSN to RyanMac
Blackhawk love from Canada.

I don't know if this is appropriate here or not, but oh well.

Just wanted to throw some support behind this young team. We were talking on the bench last night (group of Leaf fans) about how jealous we were of Chicago and their young core. As a fan I would kill to have some young up and comers to cheer for like the Hawks have right now.

Good luck.

12-01-2007, 11:07 AM
pepty

vCash: 400
I have been rooting for Chicago ever since Martin Havlat went there.

What is so nice for Chicago fans is that their team is improving and moving up in the standings not becuase the are using a boring, trapping stye,but becuase they have one of the most electric talents in the NHL in Martin Havlat,a talented underachiever about to break out in Rutuu and a couple of dynamic wonderkids.

They also have a solid young supporting staff along with a few veterans like Lang.

Chicago fans will now be able to see more televised games, but, best of all, whether in the rink or on TV,win or lose, the games will be entertaining and worth watching.

They will have to get used to being the envy of the league.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

I love.....

Watching this team play. Fun, fun, fun.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 01:44 PM
lfchockey*

I'm not sure you can say that Havlat is the reason why they are moving up the standings considering he's only played in two games this year, but you're right... he has immense talent and will help divert team's focus to more than one line.

I think we have to give enormous credit to the entire Blackhawks organization.

Tallon: This guy has signed some great off-season talent and restructured our scouting system. The scouts have obviously done their homework. We have one of the best (young) farm-teams in the AHL that is just stocked with young talent, and that is after taking away the likes of Kane, Toews, Byfuglien etc. and placing them in the NHL.

Bill Wirtz: yes I know I'll take some heat for this one, but he allowed Tallon to do his job in the last couple of years. That's about it though.

Savard: and the rest of the coaching staff have done a great job with a young inexperienced team. They aren't playing the trap and they're letting their young talent be creative. Despite not playing the trap we are still putting up respectable defensive numbers.

Rocky Wirtz: in a short amount of time, Rocky has single-handedly changed the tone of this team. Chicago is now such a positive organization. Getting a tv contract for starters, moving Pulford out of the organization and signing John McDonough. I'm really excited the direction we're headed and the vision that Rocky has already shown. What can he possibly do next?

The seats are already starting to fill up, and it seems the only time that they sell out now is when there is a home game televised... go figure!

I would expect that they'll be selling out every game by the end of the season. You can tell the players love playing at home now.

John McDonough:
I'm really excited about getting this guy. Across N. America, and especially in the Chicago area, you are going to start seeing a lot more Blackhawk's apparel. He is a native Chicagoan and is a marketing genius that will promote this team. Fortunately for him, he is stepping into a team with the best logo in all of sports.

This is turning into a great organization in a short amount of time.
It's great to be a Hawks fan again!!!

lfchockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Metallian*

I was a hawks fan as a kid because of guys like belfour and hasek

fell off hockey in general for a big chunk of my life, but in 2003 got back on and became big fans of ruutu and vorobiev. been on hoping for a resurgence since, glad patience paid off

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Metallian*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfchockey View Post
John McDonough:[/B] I'm really excited about getting this guy. Across N. America, and especially in the Chicago area, you are going to start seeing a lot more Blackhawk's apparel. He is a native Chicagoan and is a marketing genius that will promote this team. Fortunately for him, he is stepping into a team with the best logo in all of sports.
I take it you got excited by the interview last night as well?

Rocky & John have really got me excited. It's one thing to be excited with the future of the on ice team, but the management? Such a change from being a Leafs fan here where the front office frustrates more than the team most of the time!

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote