HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Network

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-01-2007, 12:06 PM
  #1
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,344
vCash: 500
NHL Network

For those that have it

3pm today Flyers @ Bruins ... game 2 1974 Stanley Cup Finals


The 2nd most important game in team history. Also a chance for the younger amonst us to see Orr, Espo, Clarke and Parent at their best.

Key moments .... the Moose Shuffle after tying the game with the goalie pulled ..... Parent stopping HoFer Bucyk on a semi-breakaway in OT ... Clarke jumping for joy after ending it in OT.


Also on another note yesterday they were showing Flyers/Rangers from the 1995 playoffs yesterday. If Lindros AND Renberg remain healthy that team eventually wins a Stanley Cup.

That was the only playoff year we had the true LoD and they dominated the Rangers. Lindros manhandled Messier, and basically any other Ranger. Only Leetch was effective, and this was a team just one year removed from a Cup win.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 12:19 PM
  #2
Broad st phantom
Registered User
 
Broad st phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
For those that have it

3pm today Flyers @ Bruins ... game 2 1974 Stanley Cup Finals


The 2nd most important game in team history. Also a chance for the younger amonst us to see Orr, Espo, Clarke and Parent at their best.

Key moments .... the Moose Shuffle after tying the game with the goalie pulled ..... Parent stopping HoFer Bucyk on a semi-breakaway in OT ... Clarke jumping for joy after ending it in OT.


Also on another note yesterday they were showing Flyers/Rangers from the 1995 playoffs yesterday. If Lindros AND Renberg remain healthy that team eventually wins a Stanley Cup.

That was the only playoff year we had the true LoD and they dominated the Rangers. Lindros manhandled Messier, and basically any other Ranger. Only Leetch was effective, and this was a team just one year removed from a Cup win.

For some odd reason I went to go put it on (276, right?) and it says to contact comcast for odering information... Which sucks... cause I've been getting it free this whole time... ****ing comcast...

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 12:44 PM
  #3
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad st phantom View Post
For some odd reason I went to go put it on (276, right?) and it says to contact comcast for odering information... Which sucks... cause I've been getting it free this whole time... ****ing comcast...
They were giving people a free prevew, which ended yesterday.

Now its part of the sports package, about 12 channels that includes the NFL Netork, NBA TV, Tennis Channel, and a bunch of Fox channels among others. About $8 a month for the sports package I think.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 01:46 PM
  #4
Broad st phantom
Registered User
 
Broad st phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 500
thats not a bad offering, I'll invest.

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 04:18 PM
  #5
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 40,003
vCash: 1049
Here is the GWG, it is possibly my favorite call. Gene Hart lives forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kbg_1Y7saA

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 04:29 PM
  #6
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Here is the GWG, it is possibly my favorite call. Gene Hart lives forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kbg_1Y7saA
It's a shame that hart wasn't there to make the call when Moose tied the game.

Flyers have scored some gigantic goals at 12:01 into a period.

Two of my all-time favorites.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 11:38 PM
  #7
ki11joy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 500
$8 a month for an entire sports package might sound good to some people, but if you're like me and you only want the NHL Network, then it's not worth it.

ki11joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.