HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hotels Near the habs

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2004, 12:49 AM
  #1
Bench Warmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mass
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Hotels Near the habs

I'm coming down later this month to catch the Habs play the bruins... I need to make reservations at a hotel.. Can someone give me a list of hotels close to the arena? I know i've asked this question before, but i lost the list of hotels.... Thank you guys...




bob

Bench Warmer is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 05:05 AM
  #2
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Depends on your age and price range but Hotel de la Montagne is easily within walking distance of the Bell Centre. You can eat or drink at Thursdays from there without going outside or walk to the strip joints favored by visitors, palyers and fans alike, or so I've heard.

mcphee is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 05:19 AM
  #3
Lewis63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: A stick lenght away
Country: Canada
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
There's le Reine Elizabeth on René Lévesque if you want a Five stars hotel...
again depends on your price range

Lewis63 is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 09:11 AM
  #4
Habfansincebirth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
There are several Hotels in the area.
Sheraton on Rene Levesque
Queen Elizabeth on Rene Levesque
Nouvelle Hotel on Rene Levesque
Hotel Maritime on Rene Levesque and Guy
Hotel de La Montagne on De La Montagne

Check out www.montreal.com they have hotel listings.

Habfansincebirth is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 09:22 AM
  #5
YOUTH OF HABS
Registered User
 
YOUTH OF HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: OTTAWHAT
Country: Canada
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to YOUTH OF HABS
..

hey i was just down there over the holidays
i stayed at the Days INN on GUY

amazing spot, it was like 2 blocks from the arena!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my gf paid, but i think it was a little bit pricey.

great roooms the BEDS ARE HUUUUUUUUUUGEEEEEEEEEE

YOUTH OF HABS is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 12:50 PM
  #6
Vicious
Registered User
 
Vicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,723
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vicious
There is a Mariott just accross the street.

Vicious is offline  
Old
01-16-2004, 04:16 PM
  #7
Joe Malone
Registered User
 
Joe Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mabou....Wawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
There is a Mariott just accross the street.
Do visiting teams stay there? Anyone know?

I'm in Montreal to see the Leafs in March with my two young sons. The oldest is a Leaf fan, and I'm trying to find out where the Leafs will be staying.

Joe Malone is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 03:07 AM
  #8
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!
 
gunnerdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench Warmer
I'm coming down later this month to catch the Habs play the bruins... I need to make reservations at a hotel.. Can someone give me a list of hotels close to the arena? I know i've asked this question before, but i lost the list of hotels.... Thank you guys...




bob
I'm coming down today to see the habs against the Rangers and I love the Hotel Maritime on Rene Levesque and Guy. That's where I'm staying. It's a very nice looking hotel.

gunnerdom is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 03:18 AM
  #9
JOHNNY V
Registered User
 
JOHNNY V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: BOSTON
Posts: 3,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Depends on your age and price range but Hotel de la Montagne is easily within walking distance of the Bell Centre. You can eat or drink at Thursdays from there without going outside or walk to the strip joints favored by visitors, palyers and fans alike, or so I've heard.

Can I get my rocket rubbed at one of those strip joints...

JOHNNY V is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 03:26 AM
  #10
Madevilz
Registered User
 
Madevilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 3,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Depends on your age and price range but Hotel de la Montagne is easily within walking distance of the Bell Centre. You can eat or drink at Thursdays from there without going outside or walk to the strip joints favored by visitors, palyers and fans alike, or so I've heard.

de la Montagne looks pricy...
how much is it for a night?

Madevilz is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 03:37 AM
  #11
Minos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
Do visiting teams stay there? Anyone know?

I'm in Montreal to see the Leafs in March with my two young sons. The oldest is a Leaf fan, and I'm trying to find out where the Leafs will be staying.

Odds are the Leafs will travel after the game and won't spend the night in Montreal (players get in trouble when visiting cities like Montreal and New York so teams tend to leave ASAP!). If they do spend the night, they'd probably stay at the Queen Elizabeth (Le Reine Elizabeth) - its a hotel similar to the Royal York in Toronto.

Minos is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 04:03 AM
  #12
legaspesien
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: la gaspesie
Posts: 157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minos
Odds are the Leafs will travel after the game and won't spend the night in Montreal (players get in trouble when visiting cities like Montreal and New York so teams tend to leave ASAP!). If they do spend the night, they'd probably stay at the Queen Elizabeth (Le Reine Elizabeth) - its a hotel similar to the Royal York in Toronto.
Since Serge Savard took over at the Mariott Chateau Champlain all NHL teams stays there when they come to MTL

legaspesien is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 03:45 PM
  #13
Joe Malone
Registered User
 
Joe Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mabou....Wawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minos
Odds are the Leafs will travel after the game and won't spend the night in Montreal (players get in trouble when visiting cities like Montreal and New York so teams tend to leave ASAP!). If they do spend the night, they'd probably stay at the Queen Elizabeth (Le Reine Elizabeth) - its a hotel similar to the Royal York in Toronto.
Yeah, I figured they'd leave following the game, but I was thinking they'd be in Montreal on Friday night. I read here one time that the players union doesn't allow teams to travel to a game on game day. If that were true, the Leafs would be in town Friday, the same day I will be there. Can anybody confirm that?

Joe Malone is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 03:47 PM
  #14
Joe Malone
Registered User
 
Joe Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mabou....Wawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by legaspesien
Since Serge Savard took over at the Mariott Chateau Champlain all NHL teams stays there when they come to MTL
Thanks legaspesien. I just found out that the Rangers stay at the Mariott, and wondered if all the other teams did too.

Joe Malone is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 04:09 PM
  #15
chicpea*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY V
Can I get my rocket rubbed at one of those strip joints...
I doubt it - strippers stay away from disease-ridden Bostonians.

chicpea* is offline  
Old
01-17-2004, 05:02 PM
  #16
Kirk Muller*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montréal
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
Already mentionned, but the Sheraton is right across the street from the Bell Centre.

Kirk Muller* is offline  
Old
01-18-2004, 05:20 AM
  #17
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
I don't know what is the more disturbing post, Johnny V travelling 350 miles for sexual gratifacation, or Joe Malone raising a Leaf fan. Easy choice, Joe what can I do to help. You're one of this board's most respected posters, little did we know the personal tragedy you are burdened with. would you like me to speak with the boy ? Show him what adult Leaf fans are like ? Joe, this is your child's future we're talking about, face up to your responsibility. When you're in town, I can organize support groups, maybe a 12 step program. Before you know it he'll be calling them the buds, or wondering why TSN has to give all the other scores, or referring to Don Cherry as Grapes. He'll find Ron McLean witty. Joe, the boy is using this as a cry for help, go cold turkey, cancel your cable, get him into a music program or something.

mcphee is offline  
Old
01-18-2004, 09:36 AM
  #18
Joe Malone
Registered User
 
Joe Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mabou....Wawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I don't know what is the more disturbing post, Johnny V travelling 350 miles for sexual gratifacation, or Joe Malone raising a Leaf fan. Easy choice, Joe what can I do to help. You're one of this board's most respected posters, little did we know the personal tragedy you are burdened with. would you like me to speak with the boy ? Show him what adult Leaf fans are like ? Joe, this is your child's future we're talking about, face up to your responsibility. When you're in town, I can organize support groups, maybe a 12 step program. Before you know it he'll be calling them the buds, or wondering why TSN has to give all the other scores, or referring to Don Cherry as Grapes. He'll find Ron McLean witty. Joe, the boy is using this as a cry for help, go cold turkey, cancel your cable, get him into a music program or something.
I know everyone has a cross to bear.....but, where did I go wrong?

I appreciate your concern mcphee, and it's worse than I've admitted. He has Leaf posters on his bedroom wall, and a Mats Sundin picture - framed! He considers Tie Domi one of his favorite players. He likes Eddie Belfour too. I've even seen him smile when Darcy Tucker is on the ice. (Did I mention we dropped him on his head as a child?) His mother, raised by good God-fearing Habs' fans, has actually purchased articles of Leafs' clothing for the young lad. Leafs tuque, ball caps, jacket, sweaters and t-shirts! He wears a Leaf sweater and socks to hockey practice. (I sit alone across the rink from the other parents.)

He's the oldest of four kids. The second child, also a boy, has his room plastered with Koivu and Theodore posters, and is resplendant in all his Habs garments. He can recite the Habs lineup, and speaks with reverence of names like Lafleur, Beliveau, Richard and Mike McPhee. I strut proudly into the rink for his hockey practices.

Child three, a girl, is indifferent about hockey. She says hockey players stink, and that figure skaters are tougher, but likes the Habs because Dad does.

Child four, another boy, is a Flames fan because he likes their third jersey with the horse on the front. You know the one with the flaming nostrils? (He first saw it in a Canadian Tire sale flyer.) I take consolation in the fact that the Flames regular jersey is red and has a "C" on the front.

But the Leaf fan is influenced by his two uncles (Dumb and Dumber ) I believe he's beyond the point of recovery. I'm considering electrcal shock therapy, and if it doesn't work, I'll disown him when he's 12.

Joe Malone is offline  
Old
01-18-2004, 09:41 AM
  #19
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
I know everyone has a cross to bear.....but, where did I go wrong?

I appreciate your concern mcphee, and it's worse than I've admitted. He has Leaf posters on his bedroom wall, and a Mats Sundin picture - framed! He considers Tie Domi one of his favorite players. He likes Eddie Belfour too. I've even seen him smile when Darcy Tucker is on the ice. (Did I mention we dropped him on his head as a child?) His mother, raised by good God-fearing Habs' fans, has actually purchased articles of Leafs' clothing for the young lad. Leafs tuque, ball caps, jacket, sweaters and t-shirts! He wears a Leaf sweater and socks to hockey practice. (I sit alone across the rink from the other parents.)

He's the oldest of four kids. The second child, also a boy, has his room plastered with Koivu and Theodore posters, and is resplendant in all his Habs garments. He can recite the Habs lineup, and speaks with reverence of names like Lafleur, Beliveau, Richard and Mike McPhee. I strut proudly into the rink for his hockey practices.

Child three, a girl, is indifferent about hockey. She says hockey players stink, and that figure skaters are tougher, but likes the Habs because Dad does.

Child four, another boy, is a Flames fan because he likes their third jersey with the horse on the front. You know the one with the flaming nostrils? (He first saw it in a Canadian Tire sale flyer.) I take consolation in the fact that the Flames regular jersey is red and has a "C" on the front.

But the Leaf fan is influenced by his two uncles (Dumb and Dumber ) I believe he's beyond the point of recovery. I'm considering electrcal shock therapy, and if it doesn't work, I'll disown him when he's 12.
Hey, you have done your best... the dropping of the baby on his head thing is true, this has happened to thousands of kids that have eventually become leaf fans.. Maybe he will come to his senses when the Habs raise the cup someday soon!

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
01-18-2004, 02:16 PM
  #20
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
There is only one answer. Exorcism. That or brand them with the shameful leaf emblem. Child Services being as nosy as they are, you should avoid that one. I think Gros Bill is the only one qualified for the exorcism. Better put the coffee on. We may have to crumble a pretzel and sprinkle it on him.

mcphee is offline  
Old
01-18-2004, 04:30 PM
  #21
Joe Malone
Registered User
 
Joe Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mabou....Wawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
We may have to crumble a pretzel and sprinkle it on him.
Not THE pretzel?!!

Joe Malone is offline  
Old
01-18-2004, 07:42 PM
  #22
suped
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
DAys Inn on rene levesque st right across from the police station it is a short walk to the bell centre and affordable nice and clean

suped is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.