HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Post-GDT, Nucks\Preds

Old
12-06-2007, 10:05 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Post-GDT, Nucks\Preds

Well, all the cards were stacked in our favor...canucks coming off a game last night, no Luongo, Bonk back in the lineup...

And after a fast start, we completely lay an egg for the remaining two periods. We simply couldn't get though the trap the Canucks were playing through the neutral zone, so at about the 5 minute mark of the second period, we simply stopped trying and reverted back to bombing passes from blueline to blueline to very little success. If we cant get our forecheck going, we can't win games. It's our livelihood. Combine that with defensive miscues and passive play...we looked deflated after such a strong road trip.

Must be missing Scott Nichol.

Arnott is snakebit, right now. Missed three sure goals again tonight, and the game took a downturn after that.

The Legwand line was probably the best overall, but Radulov isn't finishing and Gelinas doesn't worry anyone.

Oh well, more in the morning. Hopefully things are righted before Saturday.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Jarnberg

Anytime you play like the Predators did in the second, you deserve to lose. They let Vancouver take over the game in second. Nashville looked like the team who played the night before.

The Predators did what they needed to do in the first period by getting a quick goal. In a situation with a very defensive team in the Canucks who played the night before, you have to get a lead and make them chase you. Unfortunately, the Predators couldn't build on that (credit to Sanford).

The Canucks took control in the second period and played a perfect road game. They play conservative and took their chances at the right times. The Predators failed to be creative and were punished for it.

Gelinas played a worthless game. Yes he was banged up, but Bonk was rewarded for his goal scoring by getting to play with Hordichuk and Tootoo (yes I know we are down a forward). de Vries had a great view of Vancouver's third goal as his forward flew past him and put the puck in. I hope Tootoo didn't think he would be getting an assist for his pass behind our net which helped the Canucks get their first goal and basically kill all of our momentum.

The Canucks played a smart road game and had some good goaltending that made some huge stops. We failed to take advantage of a team which played the night before. I know we are shortchanged right now in the forward department, but its still no excuse.

By the way, that call on Legwand is a disgrace to hockey. How could they even fathom making a call like that? What a joke.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Jarnberg

I'll add, the only thing more disgraceful then that call on Legwand is some of the Canucks' fans comments in the GDT regarding how we should be in Hamilton.

Old
12-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Kesler Kills Kommies

i must admit, its one of the most boring game i ever seen! (its against the canucks, so dont see me as a troll)

Kesler Kills Kommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 10:47 PM
braindead

What a game-- I wanted to leave early but these two teams' play put me in such a stupor that I was unable to move. I'd compare it to watching New Jersey vs. Florida but that seems unfair..... to those eastern conference teams I mean.

The play that sums up the Preds game: Arnott and Dumont somehow wind up in front of Sanford 2 on 0. Arnott forgoes the shot to pass to Dumont, Dumont forgoes the shot to pass to Arnott, Arnott misses the return pass, play over.

Wait no the real play that sums up the game: Hamhuis steps out from behind the net, fire a rinkwide 3 line pass in the direction of Tootoo, pass broken up by Vancouver (repeat over and over while inserting new names).

This felt like one of those 6 game losing steak games-- let's hope the fog lifts before Saturday.

Oh, yeah, it's time to start GDTing again. There is no mojo in avoiding it.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
What a game-- I wanted to leave early but these two teams' play put me in such a stupor that I was unable to move. I'd compare it to watching New Jersey vs. Florida but that seems unfair..... to those eastern conference teams I mean.
The lame, lifeless 70's music didn't help things at all either. As a matter of fact, it really took the crowd out of the game and nullified our home rink advantage IMO.

Quote:
Oh, yeah, it's time to start GDTing again. There is no mojo in avoiding it.
I logged on tonight to say the same thing. Still gotta blame Enoch for F-ing with a winning streak.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I'll add, the only thing more disgraceful then that call on Legwand is some of the Canucks' fans comments in the GDT regarding how we should be in Hamilton.
I don't see how this is such a big deal as long as it isn't on our boards. I mean to me it is to be expected by now. I just laugh and ignore it anyway. It is their forum anyway, they can talk about what they want.

They live hundreds of miles away, so who really gives a **** anyway about what they think or what we do. It is of no concern to Nashville. The same can go for every other city.

Just my opinion.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

true they missed the call on legwand being tripped, but what legwand did was a penalty. if a guy doesn't have the puck, you can't check him.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 11:44 PM
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
I don't see how this is such a big deal as long as it isn't on our boards. I mean to me it is to be expected by now. I just laugh and ignore it anyway. It is their forum anyway, they can talk about what they want.

They live hundreds of miles away, so who really gives a **** anyway about what they think or what we do. It is of no concern to Nashville. The same can go for every other city.

Just my opinion.
I agree, don't worry about it too much. Every team has a couple of ********* fans.

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Roger Explosion

We completely lost our way after the first period. Hopefully we can bounce back against Anaheim on Saturday.

Roger Explosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
true they missed the call on legwand being tripped, but what legwand did was a penalty. if a guy doesn't have the puck, you can't check him.
The puck was leaving his stick...

Old
12-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post

Just my opinion.
Good for you and your opinion.

I stated mine.

Old
12-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
I agree, don't worry about it too much. Every team has a couple of ********* fans.
Who says I am worrying about it?

Old
12-07-2007, 02:10 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

So does Radulov really want people to start pronouncing his name "Rattle-ov"? Cause that's what Jim Hughson was doing all game and it sounded really weird. That was his explanation though.

colonel_korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 06:29 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Yes, that's the way he pronounces it.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 06:38 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Don't worry, they're just idiots no on else ever listens too, it's not really the opinion of all BC fans.......

Remember though, brokeass Memphis took their basketball team, they're still a little sore over that.

Old
12-07-2007, 07:08 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Yes, that's the way he pronounces it.
really? i heard mason recently pronounce it correctly in an interview

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 09:44 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Weber can confirm, if he reads this.

Old
12-07-2007, 11:45 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
The Canucks were disgraceful to watch. Im sure their fans are happy with the win, I would be too, but I hope that is all they are happy about.

Every time a stick was near a Canuck's skates he hit the deck. There had to be a Canuck on all 4's at some point on every other shift at times. Yet they hooked and tripped several times without being called, and the refs let them get away with it. i was absoluetly disgusted by it.

My 3 stars of the night were:

1. Sanford

2. Toots, for assisting on the enemy's first goal and killing our momentum

3. DeVries for letting his man cruise right past him to pot a goal in front of the crease.

4. the refs

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
The Canucks were disgraceful to watch. Im sure their fans are happy with the win, I would be too, but I hope that is all they are happy about.

Every time a stick was near a Canuck's skates he hit the deck. There had to be a Canuck on all 4's at some point on every other shift at times. Yet they hooked and tripped several times without being called, and the refs let them get away with it. i was absoluetly disgusted by it.

My 3 stars of the night were:

1. Sanford

2. Toots, for assisting on the enemy's first goal and killing our momentum

3. DeVries for letting his man cruise right past him to pot a goal in front of the crease.

4. the refs
more specifically Marc Joannette

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 11:53 AM
trbr86

FWIW, Alain Vigneault remarked "That's one of the best periods I've seen a team play so far this year." In regards to the Preds first period.

trbr86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickShift View Post
FWIW, Alain Vigneault remarked "That's one of the best periods I've seen a team play so far this year." In regards to the Preds first period.
The Predators did have a terrific first period. To use a cliche, they could have easily had 4 goals or more heading out of that period.

12-07-2007, 01:28 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'm used to bad reffing, so I don't blame things on it...but some consistency would have been nice. Things were going uncalled on the Canucks that were getting whistled on us. The Legwand no-call followed by an iffy penalty immediately at the other end of the ice illustrates this.

But...we went into coast mode in the second...we didn't deserve to win it, simple as that.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 11:41 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
But...we went into coast mode in the second...we didn't deserve to win it, simple as that.
true.

and the Wings and Blues won again tonight. it hurts.

ok, Im ready to forget it and move on to the Ducks now.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 11:51 PM
oz615

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
true.

and the Wings and Blues won again tonight. it hurts.

ok, Im ready to forget it and move on to the Ducks now.
and that's what makes everything worse IMO the fact that damn near everyone in the division is getting points and we're not.

oz615 is offline   Reply With Quote