Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2004, 07:22 AM
Badger Bob

vCash: 500
what will happen to McLennan?

This thread appears on the Avalanche board:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...2421post732421

Once Kiprusoff returns, Daryl Sutter will have a situation to deal with. As was pointed out in this other thread, with Kipper & Turek, McLennan becomes the odd man out. If somebody offered a 5th or 6th rounder, Sutter should take it and run. Craig Button only gave up a 9th to get him in the first place.

The goalie situation, around the league, was discussed on Satellite Hotstove on Saturday night. Khabibullin, Burke & Biron might be available. So, it's a buyer's market.

Old
01-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

"We're going to get Kiprusoff back and if we're healthy, then we have a good problem. I'm not going to keep all three goalies, one way or another, either in this league, or another league." - Darryl Sutter

As I said earlier I don't think Turek can be moved although if he could we should definitely look at that to free up salary.

But most likely I think McLennan would be dealt for a pick if one could be had or just waived if nobody is willing to deal something for him.

Old
01-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Orv

I hope we don't have to get rid of McLennan, I'm crossing my fingers hoping that there will be a team who will take Turek. Does anyone know Glenn Sathers phone number?

Old
01-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Sec of Partying Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
"We're going to get Kiprusoff back and if we're healthy, then we have a good problem. I'm not going to keep all three goalies, one way or another, either in this league, or another league." - Darryl Sutter

As I said earlier I don't think Turek can be moved although if he could we should definitely look at that to free up salary.

But most likely I think McLennan would be dealt for a pick if one could be had or just waived if nobody is willing to deal something for him.
He got through the first time who would be willing to take him this time? I think we may be stuck with three goalies.

Old
01-20-2004, 09:53 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiser Wonder
He got through the first time who would be willing to take him this time? I think we may be stuck with three goalies.
Well his solid play this year may make some teams reconsider their position on him. Certainly I wouldn't have taken him in the waiver draft in the fall based on his 2 wins last year...

Closed Thread