HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Perron's laces cut!

Old
12-06-2007, 07:32 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
There's something wrong with expecting maturity and professionalism from your team mates? This is the NHL. It's not Grade six. If there's a rookie on the team who's struggling to make the adjustment to the big team you don't just play silly pranks and bench them until they draw their pensions. Somebody has to step forward and mentor the new kids. That's what builds winning teams. The entire team is at fault when players miss meetings and practices. The entire team is at fault when players go to the wrong location for a practice. You make sure everybody's looked after.

So yes, I am a joy to have in the locker room. And I lock up my stuff whenever I turn my back.
I thought you said that it wasn'y grade six? Why does the team suddenly need to use the buddy system when heading out on field trips?

Of course please do continue, this is definately fun to read through.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 12:31 PM
lemieux32*

[QUOTE=Mike Jones;11497716]There's something wrong with expecting maturity and professionalism from your team mates? This is the NHL. It's not Grade six. [QUOTE]

Obviously you have never been friends with a pro athlete or even read books about what life is like in a pro locker room.

Quote:
If there's a rookie on the team who's struggling to make the adjustment to the big team you don't just play silly pranks and bench them until they draw their pensions.
1) Who has said anything about Perron struggling to adjust? From everything I have heard he is adjusting just fine.

2) Anyone who has played above high school, would struggle to adjust if they were being left out of the jokes. As if they aren't a part of the team.

Quote:
Somebody has to step forward and mentor the new kids. That's what builds winning teams. The entire team is at fault when players miss meetings and practices. The entire team is at fault when players go to the wrong location for a practice. You make sure everybody's looked after.
1) The kids are mentored and very well from what I hear. What does that have to do with a practical joke that is played on probably every pro athlete in a team sport?

2) So you think that all players should be treated like three year olds? Well you say the whole team is at fault when a player misses a meeting or practice, so you must think they all need a mommy to wake them dress them and drive them to the rink.

Quote:
So yes, I am a joy to have in the locker room. And I lock up my stuff whenever I turn my back.
So you are the guy who doesn't trust anyone on the team and who doesn't have a sense of humor.

lemieux32* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 01:43 PM
barnburner

If Perron couldn't handle a lil thing like having his laces cut, he would have been in huge trouble if he had played with the Blues during the days of the Plagers, Picard, etc..
Actually, from what I've read, he didn't have a problem with it at all. He understood what it was about. Teammates telling the rookie that they expect him to check practice schedules and be where he is supposed to be - and on time.
That's probably more effective than a dozen lectures from the coach.

barnburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
I've heard of way worse jokes.

From what I read (back quite a few years ago) Kariya was the butt of many jokes in Anaheim his first few years. Switching his hockey socks and jersey sizes...that sort of thing.

It's all in good fun. I mean, no one here has ever had a leaner pulled on them? Or the hurricane?

12-06-2007, 05:06 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
I thought you said that it wasn'y grade six? Why does the team suddenly need to use the buddy system when heading out on field trips?

Of course please do continue, this is definately fun to read through.
It's not very nice to use this person's image in this way and refer to him as a "retard".

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 05:54 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
It's not very nice to use this person's image in this way and refer to him as a "retard".
I found the image in a google search. I agree, it isn't very nice.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 05:54 PM
General Veers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluester View Post
Krispy Kremes and Walt....PASS!!!

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote