HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal: Aaron Miller for Michal Handzus

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2004, 03:43 PM
David A. Rainer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Proposal: Aaron Miller for Michal Handzus

Would a trade of Aaron Miller to the Flyers for Michal Handzus work?

Handzus is a huge center at 6'5" and 220lbs. He'll be 27 in a couple of months and has consistently put up between 40 and 50 points in a season. He would make a great 2nd or 3rd line center.

Aaron Miller is a veteran stay-at-home defenseman who could add a handful (10-15) of points when healthy. He's signed for the next couple of years for about $4M/year.

Desjardins just broke his arm and Seidenberg just broke his leg. Philadelphia is in need of a veteran defenseman and could dangle Handzus as trade bait, says the Philadelphia Inquirer (scroll down to Flyers News). Los Angeles and Philadelphia have a recent history of making deals.

Does this look good for both sides? Would there need to be a package to round it out or just straight-up?

01-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Teezax

Aaron miller would be a key defenceman in our lineup, but Handzus is a big two way center which we'd need to compete in the eastern conference. Tough call!
Good proposal though

Old
01-19-2004, 04:34 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
Would a trade of Aaron Miller to the Flyers for Michal Handzus work?

Handzus is a huge center at 6'5" and 220lbs. He'll be 27 in a couple of months and has consistently put up between 40 and 50 points in a season. He would make a great 2nd or 3rd line center.

Aaron Miller is a veteran stay-at-home defenseman who could add a handful (10-15) of points when healthy. He's signed for the next couple of years for about $4M/year.

Desjardins just broke his arm and Seidenberg just broke his leg. Philadelphia is in need of a veteran defenseman and could dangle Handzus as trade bait, says the Philadelphia Inquirer (scroll down to Flyers News). Los Angeles and Philadelphia have a recent history of making deals.

Does this look good for both sides? Would there need to be a package to round it out or just straight-up?

I think the last thing that the Kings have to do is trade away one of their most physical d-men...although Handzus would be a great addition...it would leave our blueline even in a worse position then it is already

Old
01-19-2004, 04:48 PM
jfont

Awards:
If the kings can also get a 2nd tier stay at home defenseman like theiren in the deal, that would work for the kings as well...

maybe:

Kings: Theiren, Handzus

Flyers: Miller, Corvo or a draft pick

01-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
If the kings can also get a 2nd tier stay at home defenseman like theiren in the deal, that would work for the kings as well...

maybe:

This seems like a deal that is sensible for both sides.

01-19-2004, 04:59 PM
kingbrath

Quote:

maybe:

I could definatley live with this deal...that a boy jfont

Old
01-19-2004, 05:15 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
thanks darth!

Old
01-19-2004, 05:18 PM
Whinks

Send a message via AIM to Whinks
Kings: Therien, Handzus, Gagne

Flyers: Miller, Frolov, 2nd or 3rd

Old
01-19-2004, 05:21 PM
nikolai19

No Frolov please. Next coming of Jesus.

Stick to the Therien and Handzus for Miller, Corvo or a pick

Old
01-19-2004, 05:21 PM
punchy1

WOW! jfont and I had the same thought. I posted mine on the Kings page but its true.

I also wondered if a deal where the Kings sent Lappy Miller and a 5th for Handz Therien and 2nd or 3rd would work but, I am bloody awful at these things. Feel grand to be not far from alright at it for once.

Old
01-19-2004, 05:25 PM
punchy1

Oh and not even close for Jesus part two. Gagne and Handz alone wouldn't pry him from my cold dead hands. Frolov is a grand two way player who has 30 points is +8 and in his second year. 21 and the thing that is never talked about is he always seems like he is having fun. Lappy and the rest of the vets go on about how great he is in the locker room or how happy he is about the game or what and those are valuable attributes for a star young player to have. Now that he is actually some of the time getting more than 15 mins a game and a little PP time to go along with playing with an actual top six player (well, Stumpel anyways) he is starting to show good. No thanks on dealing him. I reckon he will start walking on water in a month or so.

Old
01-19-2004, 05:28 PM
Whinks

Send a message via AIM to Whinks
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
Stick to the Therien and Handzus for Miller, Corvo or a pick
No thanks. How about we just do Therien for Corvo?

Old
01-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Chris Therien makes $2,6M and I believe his contract ends in 2005 but it's also possible he's a FA at the end of the season. Anyhow, I don't understand why he has such a big contract.

Old
01-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury

Quote:
thanks darth!
I second that

Old
01-19-2004, 06:10 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Man, Michal Handzus is really getting a bum rap here. He is on pace for 82 games this year while Miller is always an injury liability. Handzus is also on pace for 49 points despite playing next to guys such as Donald Brashear, Todd Fedoruk, and Radovan Somik a lot of the time. I mean really, give this guy some credit, he plays on the PK a lot as well and he will lay a hit on people when it is needed. Miller has had injury problems a lot, is only worth 10-15 points when healthy too. Handzus is really getting undervalued here.

Old
01-19-2004, 06:22 PM
nikolai19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
Man, Michal Handzus is really getting a bum rap here. He is on pace for 82 games this year while Miller is always an injury liability. Handzus is also on pace for 49 points despite playing next to guys such as Donald Brashear, Todd Fedoruk, and Radovan Somik a lot of the time. I mean really, give this guy some credit, he plays on the PK a lot as well and he will lay a hit on people when it is needed. Miller has had injury problems a lot, is only worth 10-15 points when healthy too. Handzus is really getting undervalued here.
I agree. When healthy though, as a Kings fan, I would never do this deal. Miller is a very tough customer. He plays with an edge that many Kings d are missing (minus Norstrom). He could be coming back pretty soon, and hopefully for Kings fans, it's for the rest of the year. The problem is that Miller has never played a full consistent healthy season. Seems like that deal for Blake was great for about a year and has turned into a disaster. Deadmarsh is done, Aulin missed 75% of this year and part of last year, and Miller has yet to put together a healthy season.

Therien for Corvo wouldn't be too bad if Philly ate at least a little bit of salary. 2.5 million and Corvo only makes 450,000. Granted LA would only have to pay half of it, I would imagine some salary would have to be tossed to Philly.

Old
01-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Face Wash

These Miller Deals are a joke.. Kings fans are becoming either too frustrated or too blind to the reasons Miller was signed long-term last year instead of traded at the deadline.

Miller ain't goin' nowhere. Deal with it people. :mad:

Old
01-19-2004, 11:59 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
These Miller Deals are a joke.. Kings fans are becoming either too frustrated or too blind to the reasons Miller was signed long-term last year instead of traded at the deadline.

Miller ain't goin' nowhere. Deal with it people. :mad:
Miller was signed long term because they needed his services for one more year for one more push for the playoffs until the Kings went with their youth movement this offseason. And since they weren't going to be able to sign Miller to a one year deal, they signed him to a multi-year deal with the understanding that if they did not succeed in their push this year, he could be traded at the deadline or the offseason.

(edit - moved the wager to PM) It's not because he sucks or that anyone hates the guy, just that he's going to get squeezed in a financial crunch. I want the guy to stay around as much as the next, but I don't think it's realistic.

Last edited by David A. Rainer: 01-20-2004 at 12:30 AM.
Old
01-20-2004, 12:24 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I wouldn't take Miller over Handzus. Handzus is better than numbers indicate, while Miller has trouble staying in the lineup.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
01-20-2004, 05:27 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

miller would take more than just handzus...handzus isnt young and he's a good 2 way center...his speed isnt great, he doesnt have great off skills...he's just a good 2 way player...not someone i would give one of the most reliable D man in the league for...ppl forget jus how good miller is at being a stay at home D man...the US olym[ic team chose to have him over Derien hatcher because miller was so good at being a stay at home D man...

and i wouldnt get excited over therien....he could probably be had for a 5th or 6th...corvo is worth more than him

Closed Thread