Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2004, 08:31 PM
Jeff from Maine

vCash: 500
We SAaw 2 Different Fights

2 totaally different fights!

I didnt see Thornton AT ALL dfenseless!

I saw eric Lindros, ( a BIG 245 pound man) who PULLED Thornton down into his uppercut.

Thats what Neely did in his heyday!

And I dont buy any of that Lindros was trying to take out out Thornto with crosschecks to the neck garbage!

Thats all it is....garbage!

All great centers do that stuff on faceoffs....Adam Oates has always been the master of the slash on the draw.

Bigger centers routinely overpower with shoves and crosschecks...watch Joey T....he does it as well.

And dont absolve Thornton of anything either....Lindros threw a couple crosschecks, and Thornton responded with his lumber as well!

Were it the other way around, YES I WOULD say the same thing. I have never been a huge Lindros fan, but I wouldlook at it just that same way!

Later

Old
01-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Grumpy Grizz

''You want to talk about an enforcer in todays game...this particular game?
Talk about Chris Simon!''

Would this be the same Chris simon who crosschecked Fedotenko in the head, then proceeded to smash him in the face when he was down?

In the replay I saw, which was a close-up, you see the puck go by Nedved and then a split-second later Doull drills him in the chest. It looks to me that he had him lined up, figuring he was getting the puck, but the puck goes by, but its too late. I don't think Doull was trying for a cheapshot. I am sure Doull wanted Purinton again without a doubt.

Grizz

Old
01-19-2004, 08:36 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
2 totaally different fights!

I didnt see Thornton AT ALL dfenseless!

I saw eric Lindros, ( a BIG 245 pound man) who PULLED Thornton down into his uppercut.

Thats what Neely did in his heyday!

And I dont buy any of that Lindros was trying to take out out Thornto with crosschecks to the neck garbage!

Thats all it is....garbage!

All great centers do that stuff on faceoffs....Adam Oates has always been the master of the slash on the draw.

Bigger centers routinely overpower with shoves and crosschecks...watch Joey T....he does it as well.

And dont absolve Thornton of anything either....Lindros threw a couple crosschecks, and Thornton responded with his lumber as well!

Were it the other way around, YES I WOULD say the same thing. I have never been a huge Lindros fan, but I wouldlook at it just that same way!

Later
Watch the tape again....Lindros connects two big shots with the stick..Joe just raised his and hit him with the gloves once.....Hall Gill effed the whole thing up throwing Joe and Lindros off......Joe never really had his balance again after Gill bumped into him and Lindros pulled him down....

Tough break for Joe...Hopefully it's not as serious, but Jeff, watch the tape again and look how much that eye swelled and how quick it did...Fracture my ass...It looked like alot more..

Old
01-19-2004, 08:38 PM
neelynugs

i dunno- if thornton punched lindros' lights out, i feel like you (jeff) would see it another way. maybe it's just the bruins "realist" in you, and maybe it's just MO, but i think you'd call out joe for being a classless guy. of course, i could be wrong

Old
01-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grizz
''You want to talk about an enforcer in todays game...this particular game?
Talk about Chris Simon!''

Would this be the same Chris simon who crosschecked Fedotenko in the head, then proceeded to smash him in the face when he was down?

In the replay I saw, which was a close-up, you see the puck go by Nedved and then a split-second later Doull drills him in the chest. It looks to me that he had him lined up, figuring he was getting the puck, but the puck goes by, but its too late. I don't think Doull was trying for a cheapshot. I am sure Doull wanted Purinton again without a doubt.

Grizz
I didnt see the game yet but I have talked to two people who did and they both said that the puck was most certainly in Nedved's vicinity and that it was not a charge. They said that anyone (including the refs) that thinks that was a charge dont know what a charge is.

Although I am not shocked that JFM is taking the pro Ranger stance.

Old
01-19-2004, 09:02 PM
HockeyGoddess

From the way Jeff is praising the living tar out of Lindros, it's almost as if Joe had done to Eric what Eric did to Joe, Jeff would be screaming that Joe get suspended for the next 6 weeks.

Sorry, Jeff, but I vehemently disagree with you about Mr. Lindros being a class act on the ice. That's just pure, unadulterated bullcrap. Lindros is NOT a class act on the ice. He bullies smaller players, when he gets his clocked cleaned by a perfectly legal check, he and his teammates lose focus on the game and tear around ice looking for revenge. Whether you will ever see the actual reality of what precipitated the fight between Thornton and Lindros earlier today, the fact remains that a class act on the ice wouldn't have cross-checked someone in the face as Lindros did to Thornton today.

I understand you thrive on being Mr. Realist, but it seems you stretch reality to suit your version of it.

Old
01-19-2004, 09:06 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
I didnt see the game yet but I have talked to two people who did and they both said that the puck was most certainly in Nedved's vicinity and that it was not a charge. They said that anyone (including the refs) that thinks that was a charge dont know what a charge is.

Although I am not shocked that JFM is taking the pro Ranger stance.
The puck was still in the TV screen (vacinity yes) when Nedved got creamed but it was a definate penalty IMO......Doull was already full steam and there was no pulling up...It was too late.....DD was po'd about Punkington jumping him off a face-off, and then when he saw Thornton leave the ice I guess he lost it.....I don;t think I've ever seen an open ice hit like that called for a 5 minute major.....I've seen minors for interference and charging, but not a major...Funny thing is Carter croschecked Doull to the ice and then Malahkov came in with a two handed crosscheck into Doull's neck....Malahkov only got two for roughing....

Old
01-19-2004, 09:16 PM
stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
And Eric Lindros has ALWAYS been a class act on the ice. He WILL give Thornton his rematch down the line. And next time,maybe Joe gets the TKO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwunderlich
hmmm. ALWAYS?? eh why bother but thats a bold statement.
How is it bold? The off-ice issues are well documented, but I don't see anything unusual in Lindros's career from anybody else like him. He's had his share of scrapes and suspensions, just like beloved Joe.

I don't see how Thornton and Lindros are different players. In this league, they're about as interchangeable and comparable as they come. Fans love to watch them play and the opposition hates them. They're nasty and talented players. Physical specimens, if you will.

Off the ice might be a different story, but Jeff is right on when it comes to the on-ice evaluation of Lindros.

Hockeygoddess,
If you could see Thornton from the outside, you wouldn't say the same thing. If you consider Lindros dirty for what he does on the ice, then I don't know how you can think differently about Thornton. Go ask the rest of the board, and I'm certain you'll get a similar answer.

Overall, I don't see the need to degrade either one of the two to improve the stature of the other. They're spectacular players to watch. From a fan's point of view, it's really unfortunate that Lindros had all those concussions because he's a shell of the player he used to be. Hopefully, Thornton stays healthy.

Last edited by stanley: 01-19-2004 at 09:22 PM.
Old
01-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
The puck was still in the TV screen (vacinity yes) when Nedved got creamed but it was a definate penalty IMO......Doull was already full steam and there was no pulling up...It was too late.....DD was po'd about Punkington jumping him off a face-off, and then when he saw Thornton leave the ice I guess he lost it.....I don;t think I've ever seen an open ice hit like that called for a 5 minute major.....I've seen minors for interference and charging, but not a major...Funny thing is Carter croschecked Doull to the ice and then Malahkov came in with a two handed crosscheck into Doull's neck....Malahkov only got two for roughing....
Hey if the puck is there it is there.

Two questions seeing I didnt see it....

1-Did Doull leave his feet to deliver the hit?

2-Did he lead with his elbow?

3-Did he go low?

4-If he didnt do any of these things than it is two minutes....no more.

Old
01-19-2004, 09:24 PM
neelynugs

Quote:

3-Did he go low?

the puck was in the vicinity. doull led with his shoulder/elbow, and he led high.

Old
01-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
the puck was in the vicinity. doull led with his shoulder/elbow, and he led high.
I am sorry I didnt see so you need to be more clear.

Did he lead with his shoulder or elbow...big difference.

Did he leave his feet. The two players are around the same height. If he intentionally lept to deliver the hit than it could be a major.

Please clarify.

Old
01-19-2004, 09:36 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
I just saw the replays and highlights. I wish I had been able to see the whole game I really want to see what happened and what transpired...

now...

Thornton vs. Lindros

I agree with what people are saying about how Lindros has no class and went after Thornton because it was 3-0 (this is being said without having seen the whole game, but just knowing the kind of player Lindros is). Thornton, I think should be praised for his "I won't take **** from NO ONE!" attitude. remember that whole thing about Neely and some guy yelling out "are you listening Joe?" I think he was listening and he was showing it right there by taking Lindros' challenge (misplaced). Now it was a clean fight and I didn't have the benefit of rewind and slow mo, so I only saw it once...to me it looked like Thornton was backing off and Lindros decided to punch him anyway. It happens in hockey...people try to get at people when tempers flare. Poor Joe, I hope he is alright and I hope this won't effect his play. I never liked Lindros much, and now I like him even less. and I wish people would stop trying to defend him in all this. Sure it WAS a fair fight and all, but to go as far as to say he is a Class act??? No &*#(@^! way. It was definitely a punch that should not have been thrown. but like I said, in the heat of the moment on the ice, things are different...

Doull vs. Nedved

from the replay, I could CLEARLY see the puck in the screen and I really didn't see Doull taking strides or lining him up from the red line or whatever else was being said. From my perspective he was almost going the opposite way and the curled back when he saw Nedved coming. And he threw what would have been a perfectly legal check had it been a second earlier. I dont think for a SECOND that there was ANY intent to injure or that he was just taking a "cheapshot" at a skilled player. I think Doug Doull is what he is. A hockey goon, maybe not as skilled as some others, but he does what he can. He would have hit ANYBODY in that position given that situation, there was no way he was going to stop. the only way to avoid that hit would have been to step out of the way completely and let Nedved FLY by him and probably have a scoring chance. Nedved WAS going quite fast and Doull got in his way. I dont think Doull deserves any of this Bush league **** and the talk about how he should be suspended for 10 games and is a disgrace. I think he's trying to bring back the old Bruins hockey for sure. The hit was not totally clean, but it did not deserve a major and a game and it DOES NOT deserve any sort of suspension. Plus I agree with what people have said about Carter and Malakhov tag teaming Doull after the hit. It looked to me like Doull was down after the hit and Carter came in and laid the lumber on his head. Didn't see what Malakhov did tho.

McGillis vs. Kasparaitus

How many knees has Kaspar taken out? if you guessed a million I'd say you were closer than you were far. Kaspar is a dirty player and he made the move to avoid the check, which McGillis was going for a clean one. I saw his shoulder motion and everything. His knee NEVER moved to intercept Kaspar's knee. It's too bad it happened. But 5 and a match? I dont think so. Intent to injure? #@&$ that! Suspension...if he gets one, the NHL would officially be a joke.

Raycroft vs. Messier

Sheeeeeeeeer brilliance. Raycroft is the goalie of the future.

Rolston vs. Dunham

Probably the nicest goal I've ever seen him score. Does this end the lazy Rolston talks? I still say trade him if it can land us Arnott or O'Neill.

One question...what was Mike Sullivan's reaction to all this? if I were coach I would have gone ballistic! It seems to me Sully needs to show a little more emotion? Maybe I dunno.

my thoughts...peace

Last edited by HockeyGoddess: 01-19-2004 at 09:40 PM. Reason: circumvention of obscenity filter removed
Old
01-19-2004, 09:37 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Wow! This is the biggest thread I've ever started, usually I kill threads.

I'll watch the game again tonight on the replay, and see what I think of the Doull hit again. I'll agree with JFM that he is a one trick pony, but he wouldn't even need to be on the team for that one trick if McCarthy had a back bone. That being said, I still like the guy. He hits everyone no matter who is on the ice, knowing full well he may have to back up those hits by dropping the gloves with whomever. And he understands that he is out there to stick up for his team. From what I saw this afternoon, I thought the puck was in Nedved's area, and the views I saw didn't look like a charge. But I'll watch it again more closely.

The Thornton/Lindros affair. All I thought of that was that it was the stickwork that caused the damage to Joe. Again, I'm glad the two of them settled it the right way, and I do think that Lindros won the fight. I don't think Lindros deserves any kind of suspension or anything, it was a fair fight, and both guys were using their sticks prior to it. I hope Joe is okay, and maybe they'll have another round someday and he'll get a better outcome.

Lastly, wasn't it great to see such an emotional fun game played at the Fleet this year, that is what I was hoping to see on Neely night. No matter what we all think of the penalties, that 3 minute PK was one of the most exciting things that has happened all season.

Old
01-19-2004, 09:58 PM
WBC8

Quote:

3-Did he go low?

1. No

2. No, but he kinda raised his stick near the end but got him with the side of his shoulder

3. No.

4. Agreed.

Old
01-19-2004, 10:37 PM
xpat1313x

Send a message via AIM to xpat1313x Send a message via MSN to xpat1313x Send a message via Yahoo to xpat1313x
I didn't thin Doull's hit was dirty at all. I was there and from the looks of it he only hit Nedved because carter cross checked him but not sure since they only showed it once on the jumbo-tron there Hopefully they show the replay at midnight so I can watch it again. I was too far away to really see what was going on during the Thornton Lindros Fight but Lindros definatley cross checked Joe. Same with the McGillis hit, from where I was it looked like he stuck his stick out and Kasper tripped but from what people have said earlier I guess he had his knee out. Anyway it was definatley a fun game to be at.

Old
01-20-2004, 12:00 AM
erfus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact
Sure it WAS a fair fight and all, but to go as far as to say he is a Class act??? No &*#(@^! way. It was definitely a punch that should not have been thrown. but like I said, in the heat of the moment on the ice, things are different...
I don't see how you can say he shouldn't have thrown the punch in the middle of the fight. It wasn't a one-sided fight at all 'til the end. Thornton was throwing w/ Lindros until Lindros pulled him off balance (forward) and whapped him. If Lindros doesn't hit him there, Thornton regains his balance and the fight continues.

Oh, and the whole urge to concuss Lindros tomorrow is borderline psychotic. He didn't do anything yesterday to deserve having his career ended (which is what another concussion would do).

I think Thornton will be fine, and he'll find Lindros again before he's done. One thing about Joe...he usually picks on some tough guys to go with, from his 1st fight w/ Dave Scatchard to Todd Simpson, etc. At least Sammy finds Sami Kapanen!

Old
01-20-2004, 01:34 AM
RushingRocket

Send a message via AIM to RushingRocket Send a message via Yahoo to RushingRocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
1. No
After all that's been said tonight, personally and otherwise, I'd hate to start another argument. But as for the feet leaving the ice question, WhamBam, check the link provided at the bottom of the espn page...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/index#

they don't show beforehand, but on the closeup, the second one, I see his skate landing after he's airborne...I'd love to see the whole thing close up, because this doesn't provide unequivical evidence, I'd say its pretty close, but I'd like to hear some B's fan's thoughts on whether they think he left the ice or not, after watching that replay closeup.

Sounds like not everybody over here is a fan of Duoll anyway...

Old
01-20-2004, 01:55 AM
RushingRocket

Send a message via AIM to RushingRocket Send a message via Yahoo to RushingRocket
As for the McGillis hit though, I think its telling that even Kaspar said that was clean. He changed my mind on the hit, my gut reaction was intent to injure, but I guess the ref's had just had enough at that point... Hopefully it will be reviewed by the league and there won't be any game suspension or anything. It's tough not to make a call on that, given the rough nature of tonight's game, I assume if a penalty wasn't called, things might've gotten even further out of hand... and then lord knows what we'd be saying on these boards.
Here's the Kaspar quote, I only posted the bottom of the article, the slap shots section, if you want to read it all, its here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/20/sp...ey/20RANG.html

SLAP SHOTS

DARIUS KASPARAITIS joins the veteran defenseman GREG De VRIES and the Rangers' top defensive prospect, FEDOR TJUTIN, on the sideline with sprained knee ligaments. "I don't think it's bad," Kasparaitis said, adding that he would probably have a magnetic resonance imaging test on his left knee Tuesday. Of the collision with DAN McGILLIS, Kasparaitis said: "I don't think he was intentionally trying to take my knee out. It's not a big deal." Rangers defenseman BORIS MIRONOV sat out his second consecutive game because of an illness. With Kasparaitis out, Mironov figures to play Tuesday against Boston. . . . Rangers goaltender MIKE DUNHAM, outplayed by ANDREW RAYCROFT (34 saves), allowed 5 goals on 22 shots.

Old
01-20-2004, 07:24 AM
Bruwinz37

I just saw all the hi lites.

Here are my thoughts. Joe got clocked....Lindros did nothing wrong...during the fight. Those cross checks were BS though.

The ref who called a game misconduct on Doull should lose his job. He did NOT leave his feet to make the hit. The reason his feet came off the ice was to brace himself. It really looked more accidental than intending to injure....Doull couldnt get out of the way so be braced himself better.

McGillis.....wow....sure looked dirty on the replay I saw.

Tonight will be a battle. The Rags have a goon team and they will try to exact retribution in their own building.

Old
01-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Beezy

Send a message via Yahoo to Beezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact
McGillis vs. Kasparaitus

How many knees has Kaspar taken out? if you guessed a million I'd say you were closer than you were far. Kaspar is a dirty player and he made the move to avoid the check, which McGillis was going for a clean one. I saw his shoulder motion and everything. His knee NEVER moved to intercept Kaspar's knee. It's too bad it happened. But 5 and a match? I dont think so. Intent to injure? #@&$ that! Suspension...if he gets one, the NHL would officially be a joke.
FWIW...Kasparitis quoted in today's Globe that he knew the hit by McGillis wasn't intentional, just incidental contact caused by a quick move. Whether that influences the suspension or not, I don't know.

Old
01-20-2004, 08:06 AM
bb_fan

after missing the game for work, i saw a highlights and then watched the replay last night.

The Doull hit, far less than i had imagined from what i read.

It looked like a bang bang play, did NEdved have the pck nope, did it look like it might have bene coming his way, maybem but irrelevant, Doull needs to be more responsible.

Was it charging, nope, hell, he barley skated into him it looked like, i didnt see him leave his feet at all, and looked like his arms got up at the end, now at initial contact.

I really dont see were it warranted a 5 minute major, mable a double minor for 4, but not the 5.

As far Lindros Joe, ya Lindros started out with the cross check to Joes head, during the fight it looked like Lindros had his left hand just inside Joes collar, looked like he had a hold of Joes shoulder pad witch allowed him to do what he did, keep Joe off balance, and push his head down for the uppercut/shot he landed. (when Joe was skating to the box, u could see his shoulder pad all bunched up and twisted)

Good move for a fighter, dont like it, but hey, its the way things go.

If anything Joe needs to learn from this is that he cant go all out all the time in a fight, he seems to only fight when really pissed off, and then he just throws punches, no tieing up huggy bear crap, maybe he should learn to be a little more defensive at times to keep from gettiing clocked like that.

Old
01-20-2004, 08:09 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Yes, BigBadB, we NEED emotion!

But do we need it from no-talent goons qwho dont know how to play or show respect??

As Mike Sullivan said postgame, it was the PUNCH that dropped Thornton.

Thornton was P.O`d that he was crosschecked hard to face, so he retaliated by crosschecking Lindros to the face.

The 2 men then settled it like hockey players SHOULD settle it....mano a mano on the ice!

The dropped the gloves, and today, Lindros happened to pick up the TKO. Next time it may be different.

I`ll bet my last dollar that after that was done, EVERYONEV else on the ice thought that it had been settled!

Lindros and Thornton took care of business with each other, and Gill showed Barnaby that the B` s wouldnt takwe it sitting down.

Then out of the blue comes no-talent goon/hack/loser/cheapshot Doug Duoll....he of the hard work feel good story.

Anyway....he completely takes the head off of a guy who doesnt have the puck at all. CHEAPSHOT! He left his feet and lifted his shoulder at Nedveds head!

Had Nedved had the puck....totally different story. But the fact is that he didnt have it.

The Doup Duolls of the world dont have the hockey intellect to know when to back off. He could have busted Nedved up seriously. If Petr has a simple concussion he will be lucky!

Later
I'm glad some of the B's are seeing the incidents for exactly what they were.

It was the PUNCH that TKO'ed big Joe and it was being settled b/w the 2 big centers fairly.Eric landed a big shot.Simple as that.

The hit on Nedved was the only play in the game that was total BS and has no place in the game.If every teams no-talent goons made plays like this we'd have guys dropping all over the place.

What would B fans be saying if that was a guy like Purinton who did that to Samsonov when he didn't even have the puck?No place for that in the game.

The B's got the best of the NYR's where it mattered---on the scoreboard.

Tonight's game is another huge one and I'm sure we'll see plenty of emotion from both sides.

Old
01-20-2004, 08:13 AM
Eat It

Quote:
Who said it was legal?

Dont twist my words to suit your arguement Eat It.

It was OBVIOUSLY not legal, as he was booted for the hit!
My bad, I took "regardless of the legality" to mean you'd given up the point, though I still believe it was a hard clean check, and I'm glad someone on the B's lined one up at that point.

Quote:
And if you had watched the game, you would surely have known...actually if you have ever PLAYED the game, you would surely know that when 2 guys "settle" something on their own, you dont send in the goons.

Who cares if Thornton was injured in the fight? It sucks that he got hurt. That is totally besides the point! Joe Thornton attempted to take care of his own problem. He did it SuperStar vs. Superstar! He went one on one with the guy who was giving him a problem. It was like it was Purinton who was drilling Thornton.

It was skill guy who crosschecked another skilled tough guy. And both guys stood up and settled their issue!
Thanks for the insult. You have no problem with Thornton getting goaded into a fight by being crosschecked in his grill, a fight in which he breaks his cheekbone. But that's allright because they "settled their issue". And what's the difference if it were Purinton, it was just as cheap a play, regardless of whose stick was in Joe's face, that cost us our captain for the near future.

Quote:
Joe earns my respect and kudos for sticking up for himself and fighting a damned good fighter! Unfortunately for him, today was a day in which Lindros came out on top!
Joe didn't have your respect before he got busted by Lindros last night?

Quote:
After it was all taken care of...GOON Doug Duoll comes in with a cheapshot to the head of an opponent!

GARBAGE and BUSH LEAGUE!

Dan McGillis taking out Kaspar was a totally accidental thing. He mean to deliver a shoulder check and accidentally got the knee out too far. Sucks that Kaspar is injured, but the intent wasnt there.

Duoll took a DELIBERATE run at a guy because he was P.O`d that Thornton was TKO`d by Lindros....as Sullivan and the B`s have said. All because Superstar aent at it with Superstar.

So are you saying that if a guy gets his ass handed to him, FAIR AND SQUARE, that we should then make it our point to go out and CHEAPSHOT opponents because we didnt fight well enough to get the TKO???

Where was the legitimacy you talk of Eat It? Replay shows a CLEAR shoulder to head hit.
Shoulder checks are still legal last time I checked and if you're head's down..... But you're right, he shouldn't have checked anyone out of anger Ohhhhhhhmmmmmmmm.

Old
01-20-2004, 08:21 AM
Eat It

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
I'm glad some of the B's are seeing the incidents for exactly what they were.
Thank you for bestowing you're infinite wisdom of what things "exactly are" on our fair board.

Quote:
It was the PUNCH that TKO'ed big Joe and it was being settled b/w the 2 big centers fairly.Eric landed a big shot.Simple as that.
The punch TKO'd him no doubt here, it was the instigating crosscheck that was cheap.

Quote:
The hit on Nedved was the only play in the game that was total BS and has no place in the game.If every teams no-talent goons made plays like this we'd have guys dropping all over the place.

What would B fans be saying if that was a guy like Purinton who did that to Samsonov when he didn't even have the puck?No place for that in the game.
I'd be heated if Sammy were injured by Purinton on a check like that, but it doesn't make the check itself wrong.

Quote:
The B's got the best of the NYR's where it mattered---on the scoreboard.

Tonight's game is another huge one and I'm sure we'll see plenty of emotion from both sides.
Agreed.

Old
01-20-2004, 09:09 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat It
Thank you for bestowing you're infinite wisdom of what things "exactly are" on our fair board.

The punch TKO'd him no doubt here, it was the instigating crosscheck that was cheap.

You guys are killing me with the whining about Big Joe getting a few crosschecks off a faceoff from Lindros as if Big Joe hasn't DONE THE SAME EXACT STUFF HIMSELF!!!

The people whining about this---have you ever watched hockey and more importantly followed Thornton's career???He does the same exact stuff himself and plays with that same type of edge to his game.

As some have pointed out, these 2 guys are very similar plays in almost every aspect and Joe has had his share of chippy/mean/borderline dirty plays himself and that is a bif part of the reason why he is as great as he is.

Whining about this is ridiculous.I guarentee you that Joe has zero problem with what went down as he is fully aware that he is a chippy player himself.

Give it a rest.

And the funny thing is the people whining about Big Joe-Lindros are the same people defending the hit on Nedved!! Clueless.

Closed Thread