HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tough week ahead

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2004, 05:44 PM
Owen Wilson

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Tough week ahead

Tuesday against Philadelphia
Friday against New Jersey
Saturday against Toronto

A true test for the Habs.

Old
01-18-2004, 05:50 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson
Tuesday against Philadelphia
Friday against New Jersey
Saturday against Toronto

A true test for the Habs.
this will show us "who's got game" in our roster, some players have to step up there games, in order for us to step away with 3 - 4 points out of this week.
if we win all 3 games we'd climb alote in tha standings.

Old
01-18-2004, 05:53 PM
Joe Malone

Philly's hurting on D, Jersey isn't invincible lately, and hopefully the Leafs are still in the tank come Saturday.

It'll be a good test for us though. Hope the boys are over the flu, and that they remember that last game against Philly.

Old
01-18-2004, 05:58 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Ribeiro's line needs to proove they can't be shutdown by tougher opponents, and I think he's more than capable of doing so. Who's going to stop him? Tomas Kaberle? Pff...

Koivu was a little off last night, but I expect him to be flying. No need for CJ to tell Saku what to work on, you could see he was well aware it wasn't his best.

And lastly, I'd like to see Zednik with Koivu, at least against the Leafs. While Ribeiro's line is producing with Zednik on it, Bulis, for all his good, is just not a first liner. It's too painful to watch him squander so many oppurtunities.

Old
01-18-2004, 06:54 PM
RE-HABS

This is a true week for us to step and show the rest of the league that we are contenders, not pretenders! I think Theo will have his A game and Julien will have his troops playing good sound hockey.

GO HABS!

Old
01-18-2004, 07:07 PM
penopekoo

Time for me to have another old fashioned Toronto vs. Montreal party at my house!

I live in Toronto and all my friends are Leaf fans, though, so it looks like I'm going to be outnumbered yet another time....

Old
01-18-2004, 07:39 PM
Inertiatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo
I live in Toronto and all my friends are Leaf fans, though, so it looks like I'm going to be outnumbered yet another time....
Just because everyone's doing it, doesn't mean it's right! :p

Old
01-18-2004, 08:50 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Tough week indeed. Philly always plays us tough and all those ex-Habbies seem to have career games against us. They look like two games against TO were just what they needed to get out of their funk. NJ is always tough, but without Stevens they are a less effective team. They are slumping a bit and that should be one heck of a defensive masterpiece. The Leafs-Habs rivalry is still alive and well. TO is battered with injuries and not playing all that well since Xmas, so we have to take advantage of that.

Old
01-18-2004, 09:29 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Ribeiro's line needs to proove they can't be shutdown by tougher opponents, and I think he's more than capable of doing so. Who's going to stop him? Tomas Kaberle? Pff...
after a game againts the line of Lindros ,i think that he will be able to do that

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 01-18-2004 at 09:35 PM.
Old
01-19-2004, 05:26 AM
Darz

BRING 'EM ON!!!!!!

Philly SUCKS!!!
New Jersey SUCKS!!!!!
Toronto...well I'm pretty sure the Leafs invented SUCKING!!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

Old
01-19-2004, 06:05 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
BRING 'EM ON!!!!!!

Philly SUCKS!!!
New Jersey SUCKS!!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

....is that you Darz?

Old
01-19-2004, 06:33 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
BRING 'EM ON!!!!!!

Philly SUCKS!!!
New Jersey SUCKS!!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!
Way to Go, Darz!
I'm flying to Montreal this Friday to see the Habs-Leafs game on Saturday, so I'm expecting a blowout!

Old
01-19-2004, 06:39 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole
....is that you Darz?
It's Darz loaded up with caffine!

Old
01-19-2004, 06:51 AM
Subban Fan

We have to get at least 3 pts...Come on guys!!!

Old
01-19-2004, 07:45 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
We have to get at least 3 pts...Come on guys!!!
No we don't... We need 6!!! I'll be happy with 4, but not 3. Both Philly and Toronto are owed a reckoning.

Old
01-19-2004, 08:24 AM
zurg999

Everyone now, take a deep breath....let it out slowly... there...

Lets keep an even keel. We don't have the horses to compete with these three teams on a consistent basis, yet. I hope the team plays well (no blowouts), but realistically what can we expect, rather than hope for? Of course we all hope they win all three, but expectations should be that we stick to the system and give ourselves a chance to win in the third in all three.

I'll look to see how they bounce back if they take an early loss.

I'd be quite happy if we can win one and tie one, along with playing well enough in the other. I'll also have the same feeling about this team next week, no matter what happens this week.

Old
01-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Artyukhin*

next 3 games
esche or hackett

broduer

belfour

=================
loss to flyers(will be over before it starts really) 100 percent gauranteed loss
4-1 0r 4-2

tie ...jersey leadin 1-0 late in 3 period and whamo(perrie muguirre) souray blast and koivu scores ..tie game ...montreal should have one this one and jersey will be happy with the tie...broduer stands on his head...

loss..2-1 toronto score emty netter goal 3-1 l. toronto,and injury bug hits(hope im wrong)and i can hear harry neale and bob cole talkin about young balej currently down the road in hamiltion and how much he's scoring and how the habs could use some of his scoring right now because in the last 3 games we only scored 3 or 4 goals....(take it to the bank) there goin to mention that in the leafs game i swear...and how small the habs are and they need more size to small up front ..and how it's has shown when they played the big teams like philly,new jersy and ,toronto,how montreals offense has gone aniemic in there last 3

tonight we have a battle between to teams strugglin to score harry

"oh brother what a shot by souray"

"oh baby big save on that rocket by souray harry"

god i can hear bob cole already

please hold me to this...there my pretty detailed prediction

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 01-19-2004 at 01:26 PM.
Old
01-19-2004, 01:10 PM
John Flyers Fan

Esche has been announced as the starter for Tuesday night (thank god)_

John LeClair is feeling well, and looking forward to Tuesday night. :p

Old
01-19-2004, 01:15 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999

Lets keep an even keel. We don't have the horses to compete with these three teams on a consistent basis, yet. I hope the team plays well (no blowouts), but realistically what can we expect, rather than hope for? Of course we all hope they win all three, but expectations should be that we stick to the system and give ourselves a chance to win in the third in all three.
all those teams are playing preatty crappy hockey not affriad of TO or jersey, the only one thats going to be tough challenge is philly, TO honestly doesnt got game if they lose like that 2 games in a row to philly, and jersey lost stevens, it'l take em a while to tweak there defence.
and look for cole and neil to eat there biast fist and comment on TO's sub-par game saturday.

Old
01-19-2004, 01:40 PM
Guy Caballero

Normally I'd say this would be a very tough week, but all three of these teams seem ripe for the picking right now, while the Habs are still relatively hot. Philly, Toronto, and Jersey are all looking to establish dominance over one another in the East, and the pressure will be on. The Habs, on the other hand, are looking to make a statement. They want to show the East that they are no longer the Habs of the late 90s--that they are tougher, more skilled, and hungrier than before. Any way it turns out, there should be a playoff atmosphere this week. I'm looking forward to it.

Prediction:

Philly: Loss (too tough at home. 4-2 loss.)
Jersey: Tie (Brodeur will rise to meet Theo and stone us all night. 1-1 tie.)
Leafs: Win (with Mogilny, Nolan, Kaberle out, and Eddy cold, we are simply the better team. We are going to shellack them. 4-1 win.)

Although I'm predicting 3 points out of a possible six, it wouldn't surprise me to see them steal another. The two Habs I'll be watching most closely will be Ribeiro and Komisarek: the former to see how he rises to the challenge of playing tough conference games and the latter to see how effectively he contains (and punishes) big Eastern forwards, particularly Roberts and Leclair.

Old
01-19-2004, 01:41 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
John LeClair is feeling well, and looking forward to Tuesday night. :p
The President of the ex-Hab Hab-Killer club, you mean

Old
01-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Normally I'd say this would be a very tough week, but all three of these teams seem ripe for the picking right now, while the Habs are still relatively hot. Philly, Toronto, and Jersey are all looking to establish dominance over one another in the East, and the pressure will be on. The Habs, on the other hand, are looking to make a statement. They want to show the East that they are no longer the Habs of the late 90s--that they are tougher, more skilled, and hungrier than before. Any way it turns out, there should be a playoff atmosphere this week. I'm looking forward to it.

Prediction:

Philly: Loss (too tough at home. 4-2 loss.)
Jersey: Tie (Brodeur will rise to meet Theo and stone us all night. 1-1 tie.)
Leafs: Win (with Mogilny, Nolan, Kaberle out, and Eddy cold, we are simply the better team. We are going to shellack them. 4-1 win.)

Although I'm predicting 3 points out of a possible six, it wouldn't surprise me to see them steal another. The two Habs I'll be watching most closely will be Ribeiro and Komisarek: the former to see how he rises to the challenge of playing tough conference games and the latter to see how effectively he contains (and punishes) big Eastern forwards, particularly Roberts and Leclair.
I would tend to agree with the description but not with the prediction. Has mentioned all three of these teams are goint throught rather difficult time and we have played particularyl well against these type of teams this year. We have competed with both Philly and TO when they where at there best and I would say that we have progressed since while these team are now having more difficulties.

It is a paticularl goodébad week for the moral of the troups and I would tend to say that after the last two games where we came out kind of flat we will be very well prepared for Philly this thursday. Jersey will be a very good test for Ribeiro while the other two games should be good opportunity for Ryder and Ward to show what thy can do against a tougher crowd.

I am not going to make any prediction but I would say it will be either all bad or all good this week so either 5-6 or 0-2 points in the week. Given the information I provided I would say 6 pts and one of these team will get hammered with 5-1 type performance.

Old
01-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
It's Darz loaded up with caffine!

ahhh. Comprendo. I like your ruthlessness. It's good to get blood in your eyes every once in a while.

Old
01-19-2004, 02:29 PM
BlackJack21

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999

I'll look to see how they bounce back if they take an early loss.

I'd be quite happy if we can win one and tie one, along with playing well enough in the other. I'll also have the same feeling about this team next week, no matter what happens this week.

Are you always that downer?

I'm pretty positive about the fact we will rack up 4 pts in those 3.

NJ and TO are cold these days and Philly are nor verry hot. Add to this the injury to Desjardins and we have good conditions to pass trough with succes.

BJ21

Old
01-19-2004, 02:29 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
next 3 games
esche or hackett

broduer

belfour

=================
loss to flyers(will be over before it starts really) 100 percent gauranteed loss
4-1 0r 4-2

tie ...jersey leadin 1-0 late in 3 period and whamo(perrie muguirre) souray blast and koivu scores ..tie game ...montreal should have one this one and jersey will be happy with the tie...broduer stands on his head...

loss..2-1 toronto score emty netter goal 3-1 l. toronto,and injury bug hits(hope im wrong)and i can hear harry neale and bob cole talkin about young balej currently down the road in hamiltion and how much he's scoring and how the habs could use some of his scoring right now because in the last 3 games we only scored 3 or 4 goals....(take it to the bank) there goin to mention that in the leafs game i swear...and how small the habs are and they need more size to small up front ..and how it's has shown when they played the big teams like philly,new jersy and ,toronto,how montreals offense has gone aniemic in there last 3

tonight we have a battle between to teams strugglin to score harry

"oh brother what a shot by souray"

"oh baby big save on that rocket by souray harry"

god i can hear bob cole already

please hold me to this...there my pretty detailed prediction
You had me until Cole and Neale would talk about Balej. Most likely they don't even know who Montreals farm team is let alone their highest scorer.

Closed Thread