HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hollweg Heart Rate Monitor...

Old
12-06-2007, 06:45 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

vCash: 500
Hollweg Heart Rate Monitor...

Cool idea. Saw them talk about this in pre-season. Watch he scores tonight, it will be off the chart.
Put 1 on the KING, love 2 see what that looks like during a game.

_____/\__/\/\___/\___/\ ___/\___
\/

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 06:50 PM
NYR Viper

prolly nuthin over 120 hahaha.....always cool and collected.....although it would be cool to see it in a shootout.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Salz

This is an annoying gimmick I hope they never do it again.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 06:56 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Actually he's going to like 163 on a normal shift, but yeah, I don't see the point of doing it. This is worse than the mic'd up thing.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 07:19 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
jagr's tonite: ____________________________________

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Bretzky*

I found this very obnoxious. Who cares?? We all know that heart rate increases the faster you skate and the more action you see. We don't need to see a meaningless number flashing and changing every 5 minutes. Oh my god, Hollweg's heart rate went up to 166 from 150 after that hit! That is so cool! NOW I FINALLY UNDERSTAND HOCKEY!!! Get this crap out of here.

Furthermore, it won't last if we keep trying it on different players because there are a few players on this team with 0 heart (Malik, Roszival, Jagr)

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 08:49 PM
pruuu

^^^ Thats Jagrs everynight and Henriks tonight. Im pretty sure anyone could have scored on Lunquvist tonight. He is entitled to two bad games tho. Don't sit him tomorrow the hint he got tonight was enough. We need a win tomorrow badly. Oh and as I have said in a previous post. Screw the heart rate monitor on Hollweg. They should put blood pressure monitors on the fans during a game like this and show the players how they are killing us.

pruuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 10:17 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post

Do all you hate Jagr because this team can't win without him? I mean, is that it? No one else on the team shows up. But it's always Jagr's fault. He's the reason this team has made the playoffs the past two years. HIM. Without him this team is nothing. Is that why you guys hate? Because that seems like the dumbest thing ever. Yes, all you idiots. Let's trade him. Then see what happens to this team. It would disintegrate.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 10:19 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
I actually made this comment during the game.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 10:27 PM
pruuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Do all you hate Jagr because this team can't win without him? I mean, is that it? No one else on the team shows up. But it's always Jagr's fault. He's the reason this team has made the playoffs the past two years. HIM. Without him this team is nothing. Is that why you guys hate? Because that seems like the dumbest thing ever. Yes, all you idiots. Let's trade him. Then see what happens to this team. It would disintegrate.
We are all frusterated and yea we expect "el capitain" to step up and provide an example in a situation like that. Hes making the money so I don't think that is too much to ask for. No one else shows up? If Jagr played with the intensity of a Prucha/Callahan type player he would have 3x as many goals as he has now. Hes that captain of a team in a city that has high expectations. We want Jagr 2 play at the pace of New York and his personality subdued. The team wouden't dicintegrate either. Saying that makes no sense.

Old
12-06-2007, 10:40 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruuu View Post
We are all frusterated and yea we expect "el capitain" to step up and provide an example in a situation like that. Hes making the money so I don't think that is too much to ask for. No one else shows up? If Jagr played with the intensity of a Prucha/Callahan type player he would have 3x as many goals as he has now. Hes that captain of a team in a city that has high expectations. We want Jagr 2 play at the pace of New York and his personality subdued. The team wouden't dicintegrate either. Saying that makes no sense..

2005-06 NYR 82 54 69 123 34
2006-07 NYR 82 30 66 96 26

Please show me the other Ranger who has produced those numbers the past two seasons. Please. Be my guest. No really, go ahead. I didn't call anyone specifically an a-hole. I called all of you who feel this way a-holes. The fact that you're calling yourself a "fan" when you're talking about the best player on your team like that is hilarious. Did you ever wonder why you get so upset when Jagr doesn't have a good game? Because subconciously you obviously realize that without him this team does nothing. How about those '06 Playoffs against the Devils after his regular season. How'd that end up after he got injured? He plays against the other teams top defensive pairing EVERY SHIFT OF EVERY GAME. Do you watch the game? He can't do everything every night. The other players on this team need to step up. "If Jagr played with the intensity of a Prucha/Callahan type player he would have 3x as many goals as he has now." IS THAT COMMENT AND ABSOLUTE JOKE? Prucha and Callahan have a combined 3 goals! 3!!!! What good is intensity from these players when they can't put the puck in the net? Did you ever think of taking your anger out on them? Without Jagr this team is nothing. I wouldn't expect you to debate anything I just said however, seeing as there's no argument.

Old
12-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Witter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
I agree I hated it!. Watching the game then seeing then i was like *** I'm not his doctor idc

Witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 11:54 PM
NYRGirardi5

i actually really liked it. being an athletic training major and all that stuff has always been really interesting to me.

NYRGirardi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 12:38 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Jagr...

Quote:
I was at the last few home games and Jagr looks like hes sleep skating. Even my dumb friend who was at the games with me and dosen't know anything about the sport or the team asked if Jagr was hurt or if hes old...I asked why did u say that, he replied with he looks like he dosent care when hes out there and is so much slower then all the others.
Jagr we need u...Lets make it a December 2 Remember!

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 12:51 AM
pruuu

I did not intend to start a argument. I didn't mean Jagr is worse then Prucha or Callahan I know he isn't. Hes our captain and he doesnt exemplify leadership. I watch every game. Every game for the past 20 years. If I cant see one live I tape it. I see Shanny talking to the refs. I realize that may be a language thing. But many fans will agree Jagr is a great player. But a leader? I don't know. I do not think he sucks and I realize he is a vital part of the team all I was saying with the Prucha comment is that every shift the two players mentioned skate very hard and forecheck blah blah blah. Jagr is more passive I guess you can say. When he gets the puck he is great but he does not go out of his way to gain posession. Thats all. Trust me I like Jagr I hope he meets the requirements presented to him and gets resigned next year. He has a few years left but not many. We gotta all learn to take others comments with a grain of salt ( myself included). I am just very very dissapointed in the last two performances but I dont blame any individual player it goes alot deeper into the organization I think.
Quote:
Are you 11?

Please show me the other Ranger who has produced those numbers the past two seasons. Please. Be my guest. No really, go ahead. I didn't call anyone specifically an a-hole. I called all of you who feel this way a-holes. The fact that you're calling yourself a "fan" when you're talking about the best player on your team like that is hilarious. Did you ever wonder why you get so upset when Jagr doesn't have a good game? Because subconciously you obviously realize that without him this team does nothing. How about those '06 Playoffs against the Devils after his regular season. How'd that end up after he got injured? He plays against the other teams top defensive pairing EVERY SHIFT OF EVERY GAME. Do you watch the game? He can't do everything every night. The other players on this team need to step up. "If Jagr played with the intensity of a Prucha/Callahan type player he would have 3x as many goals as he has now." IS THAT COMMENT AND ABSOLUTE JOKE? Prucha and Callahan have a combined 3 goals! 3!!!! What good is intensity from these players when they can't put the puck in the net? Did you ever think of taking your anger out on them? Without Jagr this team is nothing. I wouldn't expect you to debate anything I just said however, seeing as there's no argument.

Old
12-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Bretzky*

Quote:

I But anyway, if you're going to talk about one player that this team can't win without, it's Henrik, not Jagr. Henrik STEALS games we have no business being in. Jagr doesn't STEAL games for us the way Henrik does. Jagr's been awesome for us the last two seasons. He looks either hurt or unintense / unmotivated / not confident right now. He's definitely our leader offensively, but I think we could still be a successful team without him. The wins don't hinge on Jagr as much as they do on Henrik.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 04:23 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
i'm with you.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 07:31 AM
n_a_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGirardi5 View Post
i actually really liked it. being an athletic training major and all that stuff has always been really interesting to me.
I'm not studying training or anything, but I also liked it. I don't think they overdid it either - just showed clips a few times and talked about it. I mean - in a game like that I extra enjoyed the distraction.

n_a_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 07:46 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Considering that they all used it during camp, I wish I could have been more into the game to see how different the heart rate is during actual NHL competition as opposed to practice and excersize.

As it is, watching a pathetic brand of hockey by a fully dis-interested team puts me off and I find myself wanting for something else.

This was no gimick guys, this was something that was done during camp and they got one reading, I'm sure it played on their minds to see what changes happen when used during game situations.

Think about it, having this may have prevented the almost death of that Red Wings player that collapsed on the bench. His readings may have alerted the trainers to an abnormality BEFORE he passed out.

I can actually see something like this becoming the norm as opposed to just a novelty. Can tell you alot about the fitness level of the team during the season and what a person needs to be done to better maximize that fitness level.

I am actually surprised that this wasn't done sooner.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 08:22 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruuu View Post
I did not intend to start a argument. I didn't mean Jagr is worse then Prucha or Callahan I know he isn't. Hes our captain and he doesnt exemplify leadership. I watch every game. Every game for the past 20 years. If I cant see one live I tape it. I see Shanny talking to the refs. I realize that may be a language thing. But many fans will agree Jagr is a great player. But a leader? I don't know. I do not think he sucks and I realize he is a vital part of the team all I was saying with the Prucha comment is that every shift the two players mentioned skate very hard and forecheck blah blah blah. Jagr is more passive I guess you can say. When he gets the puck he is great but he does not go out of his way to gain posession. Thats all. Trust me I like Jagr I hope he meets the requirements presented to him and gets resigned next year. He has a few years left but not many. We gotta all learn to take others comments with a grain of salt ( myself included). I am just very very dissapointed in the last two performances but I dont blame any individual player it goes alot deeper into the organization I think.

Fair enough. My point is that everyone around here loves to bash Jagr. I mean, between him and Malik there's no blame left to go around to anyone. Where is the criticism of the other players? Drury skates hard so he gets a pass? PUT THE PUCK IN THE NET CHRIS. What good is effort to me if it results in nothing? Effort only goes so far. Someone needs to be able to put the puck in the net. This team lacks finishers. Nobody can score. We can skate and hit and skate all game but if no one can put the puck in the net what good is that to me? There's much more blame to go around on this team than to continually single out Jaromir Jagr. And that's all everyone wants to do. Ryan Hollweg skates and forechecks all game long so he gets a pass from everyone? "Oh we love his effort..." I don't give a DAMN about it. Hollweg couldn't put the puck into the back of an 18 wheeler if he was standing on the roof of a car tailgaiting it.

Old
12-07-2007, 08:48 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:

Yes, and he's projected to get 62 points this season. He's playing with no heart, no determination, like he just wants to collect his paycheck and retire. He's the captain of this team. When the players see their captain playing like he doesn't care half the time, it's not a very good inspiration. You mention Prucha & Callahan, but at least they work their ***** off. Last night their line was the best. If everyone worked as hard as Prucha & Callahan have been, this team would be one of the tops in the league. It would be the 03-04 Rangers. Remember how they were always praised for their work ethic and how they were a blue collar team who tried hard every game and never quit. That's what we need, and with this team, there would be no let down this time.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 09:36 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Yes, and he's projected to get 62 points this season. He's playing with no heart, no determination, like he just wants to collect his paycheck and retire. He's the captain of this team. When the players see their captain playing like he doesn't care half the time, it's not a very good inspiration. You mention Prucha & Callahan, but at least they work their ***** off. Last night their line was the best. If everyone worked as hard as Prucha & Callahan have been, this team would be one of the tops in the league. It would be the 03-04 Rangers. Remember how they were always praised for their work ethic and how they were a blue collar team who tried hard every game and never quit. That's what we need, and with this team, there would be no let down this time.

I agree with you but I think a lot of you think that because these players appear to be working harder than others that makes them less accountable to people here. I love Cally and Prucha. To me, Prucha is one of the toughest players in the league. He gets tossed around like a rag doll every single night and never stops coming. I wish he got more ice time to be completely honest. But the thing is that effort means nothing to me if you can't put the puck in the net. I could give a crap about our team being the hardest working team in the league if we can't score goals. You don't get points for effort. While I understand the logic of it and working hard should in turn produce results, this hasn't been the case for a lot of players on this team this year. Jagr, while having a terrible start to the season (that I am NOT debating although I have been defending him) still is putting up more points then the rest of this team. How is this possible when everyone on here swears he doesn't care and isn't trying? It's possible because Jagr has the ability to put the puck in the net. Not everyone in the league can do that. Ryan Callahan needs to start putting the puck in the net like he did his last 3 years in the OHL and last year in Hartford. I understand it's different in the NHL but we didn't bring Cally up to be a 4th line effort guy. He needs to start scoring goals. He's been a goal scorer his whole life and he needs to start doing it now. So do a lot of other players on this team. Their effort means nothing to me if all it does is result in closer losses.

Old
12-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Jackson Ranger

I didn't think it was a distraction. I like how they mentioned it took Hollweg a minute and a half (??) to get his heart rate down from 160 something to a little over 100. It got me thinking to how that would rate for the other guys and if it is tied into how quickly you recover from a shift.

I wonder how well Leetch would have done?!

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 09:56 AM
SML

I think this is a very useful tool. I don't know if I'd have guys wearing it during games, but it's got to be good for the coaching/training staff to actually have data like this. Take Kasparaitis for example, they thought his conditioning was off the last year he was here. To be able to actaully compare numbers between this season and the last has go to be an eye opening thing for an athlete to see. I envision every team in every sport using this before long. Much like they do the baseline testing with brain function and concussions to have a "norm" established, I could see them doing this so they would be able to actually put a number on how close a guy is to being "100%" again when he comes back to play after an injury.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 10:48 AM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
i dont hate him. he has just been asleep for two games.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote