HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Where to watch boxing in DC?

Old
12-06-2007, 10:49 PM
GoHabsGO252006

vCash: 500
OT - Where to watch boxing in DC?

Can anyone recommend anywhere to watch the Floyd Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton fight in the DC area this Saturday December 8th. I can't seem to find anywhere showing it.

Your help would be much appreciated.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 11:20 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006 View Post
Can anyone recommend anywhere to watch the Floyd Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton fight in the DC area this Saturday December 8th. I can't seem to find anywhere showing it.

Hmm....don't know anyplace like a bar that would have it. Tried all the usuals....ESPN Zone, Dave and Busters, Damons...etc???

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Jasper17

Quote:

I have a feeling you won't have a problem finding that fight in bars around DC. I know a couple buddies of mind are planning on going to the Caps game and then finding a bar around Verizon to watch the fight. I will try to find out specifically which one they are planning on going too, but I would be shocked to find a bar with a tv that wouldn't have the fight on.

COME ON HATTON

ps. I don't think he will win, but I will be cheering him on anyway.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 10:56 AM
GoHabsGO252006

I appreciate the help guys. I know ESPN zone won't have it on and the only places I have found is Champs and some place called Pasha which looks sketch for watching a fight.

Again if anyone finds any other places please let us know. Thanks Jasper I look forward to hearing where you guys will be going.

I will be cheering on Hatton as well.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Skk82

I know Bailey's (a huge sports bar in the bottom of the Ballston Common Mall) in Arlington will have it....I've heard they have like a $10 cover charge though.

Skk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 01:39 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
I know Bailey's (a huge sports bar in the bottom of the Ballston Common Mall) in Arlington will have it....I've heard they have like a $10 cover charge though.

That's a good deal. They're paying thousands to show it in a bar.

Old
12-07-2007, 01:42 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17 View Post
I have a feeling you won't have a problem finding that fight in bars around DC. I know a couple buddies of mind are planning on going to the Caps game and then finding a bar around Verizon to watch the fight. I will try to find out specifically which one they are planning on going too, but I would be shocked to find a bar with a tv that wouldn't have the fight on.

COME ON HATTON

ps. I don't think he will win, but I will be cheering him on anyway.
I'm a Mayweather fan having followed him up the ranks since he was young, but I also like Hatton. I've really enjoyed the 24/7 shows on HBO. Hard not to like Hatton and makes it harder to like Floyd. Great behind the scenes stuff. I still can't believe Hatton blows up to 175 between fights and cuts down to 147....that's sick.

I would love to see Mayweather challenged at least, but I don't think Hatton can deal with his speed.

Old
12-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Haleydog

Quote:

The following bars will be showing the fight legally Dec 8th in Washington DC: MOMO's Cafe Nema, Dream Nightclub, Buffalo Billiards, H20, Ibiza, Park, and The Cardinals Nest.

Haleydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post
I'm a Mayweather fan having followed him up the ranks since he was young, but I also like Hatton. I've really enjoyed the 24/7 shows on HBO. Hard not to like Hatton and makes it harder to like Floyd. Great behind the scenes stuff. I still can't believe Hatton blows up to 175 between fights and cuts down to 147....that's sick.

I would love to see Mayweather challenged at least, but I don't think Hatton can deal with his speed.
It really next to impossible not to like Hatton.

Old
12-09-2007, 04:41 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It really next to impossible not to like Hatton.
Can't say I'm surprised he lost, but he took some BOMBS!

Old
12-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post
Can't say I'm surprised he lost, but he took some BOMBS!
I fully expected him to lose, I am surprised he got knocked out though. But I love the way he fights. He just kept coming at him the entire night. He was just overmatched by a better fighter.

As much as I dislike Mayweather he is a truly great fighter.

Old
12-09-2007, 07:39 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I fully expected him to lose, I am surprised he got knocked out though. But I love the way he fights. He just kept coming at him the entire night. He was just overmatched by a better fighter.

As much as I dislike Mayweather he is a truly great fighter.

He's just got sick skills. Blazing speed and power. He's like Roy Jones was in his prime. NOBODY can really come close to hurting him or outboxing him. He'll get beat someday if he keeps boxing, but there's nobody on the horizon that can really challenge him now.

Cotto is probably the closest right now, but considering he won what many considered was a questionable decision to Mosely, I don't know if Cotto has enough to really challenge.