HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Did anyone else see Lindros beat the tar out of Thornton?

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2004, 02:35 PM
punchy1

vCash: 500
Did anyone else see Lindros beat the tar out of Thornton?

I have been watching a truly physical Bruins/Rangers game on the tele and Thorton and Lindros squared off to see Eric beat the stuffing and bloody JT up in grand fashion. I also saw a Bruins team play dirty, cheap and awful game where they not only shouldn't have won but should see at least two players suspended as well. One of thier lads took a cheap run and ruined a Rag and another did the Knee on Knee trick to one of the Rags top D. Both intent to injure clear as day and both players were big losses for the Rags.

Lots of grand fights but it were obvious that the Bruins wanted to cheap and injure the Rags as a plan for victory and not let talent win or lose the game for them. As a result they won 5 2. There will be suspensions out of this one no doubt. Well, since it is the Rags you would think so.

Old
01-19-2004, 03:04 PM
BINGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
I have been watching a truly physical Bruins/Rangers game on the tele and Thorton and Lindros squared off to see Eric beat the stuffing and bloody JT up in grand fashion. I also saw a Bruins team play dirty, cheap and awful game where they not only shouldn't have won but should see at least two players suspended as well. One of thier lads took a cheap run and ruined a Rag and another did the Knee on Knee trick to one of the Rags top D. Both intent to injure clear as day and both players were big losses for the Rags.

Lots of grand fights but it were obvious that the Bruins wanted to cheap and injure the Rags as a plan for victory and not let talent win or lose the game for them. As a result they won 5 2. There will be suspensions out of this one no doubt. Well, since it is the Rags you would think so.
Sounds like someone doesn't like the Bruins.

Last edited by BINGO: 01-19-2004 at 03:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
01-19-2004, 03:14 PM
punchy1

Not true. I have actually always like the B's. I just hate the cheap stuff they pulled today. did you see the game? Two players ejected one recieving a match penalty for intent to injure. I have been reading that it doesn't look good for the injured players in both situations.

If anything I dislike the Rags more than most teams in any sport. I just find what the Bs did today to be the epitomy of cheap garbage play. There is a difference between sticking up for your mates and trying to ruin someones career. Today on two occasions the Bs crossed that line and in doing so lost allot of my respect.

They had a lead at the time and to me it looked like they were acting out in response to Thorton getting his tail beaten by Lindros. I take two issues with that. One is that Lindros is a top six player so them fighting to me, is relatively equal especially being they around the same size and all. The second is that if you want to retaliate then drop the gloves and brawl about it. To run and knee other players is cowardice and cheap. So, it has nothing to do with my not liking the Bs mate, like I said, used to before this game that is.

Old
01-19-2004, 05:39 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

I love Joey, but it was soooo nice to see Eric go back to his previous form.

Old
01-19-2004, 06:08 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
I love Joey, but it was soooo nice to see Eric go back to his previous form.
Kind of gives one hope for Deader.

Old
01-19-2004, 07:11 PM
nikolai19

Rematch tomorrow night at the Garden. Thornton is questionable. Stay tuned.

Old
01-19-2004, 09:30 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
Rematch tomorrow night at the Garden. Thornton is questionable. Stay tuned.
ah, if only i had center ice... espn should find a way to televise that nationally.

Old
01-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Chartrand

The first thing Punchy's talking about is Doug Doull's hit on Nedved ( I believe ) at Center Ice. It wasn't terrible, they gave him 5:00 and a GM for "charging", but the penalty was well deserved.

The knee-on-knee occured when Dan McGillis went to throw a shoulder into Kasparitis but missed and knocked knees instead. It was stupid on McGillis's part, but not quite a Marchment-esq hit.

The rematch will be good.

Closed Thread