HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Coach!!!!

Old
12-08-2007, 10:57 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Did I mention any specific players? No I didn't. However, as I said, the coaching staff knows what pieces should work where. Did I mention Jagr? No, I know he'll never get moved. Although in some cases I wish he would be.

I don't know what trade possibilities are, I don't know who's available. Sather knows a lot better than me. However, if the right player is available and you can get rid of some of these players, then do it. No one is performing up to expectations. The closest I think is Gomez and not even he is either. I mean we have players in the NHL who are projected to hit 120 points. The Rangers don't have one over 65!

No team is going anywhere being the worst scoring team in the league. Heck the '03 Devils were 14th in scoring and we considered them a "Defensive" team.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 12-08-2007 at 11:13 AM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 11:03 AM
darrenturcotte#8

3 games has NOTHING to do with it. I've said for 3 years that Tom Renney is the worst bench coach in the NHL. The PP is the primary example but there are endless others. I still believe he should have been fired after game 5 vs. Buff last year when he let the Nylander line on the ice with 1:30 leading to an icing leading to a Nylander faceoff loss leading the the end of a series we should have won. Fast forward to Strudwick in Oct. Vs. the Sens. We have healthy D-men scratched so Spezza could tool around all night. Consider Renneys belief that Orr is the guy you want on the ice vs. other teams 1st line. Lundqvist is playing way too much and needs to be told to rest. He clearly will never ask for it. Renney has ruined all the positives Prucha was working toward. I wouldn't be surprised is Dawes never rebounds either. Dawes was the best player in camp and didnt make the team. However, it took 3 yrs for Renney to accept that Malik can't play. Straka on the point on the PP???!!! ARE YOU KIDDING! The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. RENNEY NEEDS TO GO.

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 11:10 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Did I mention any specific players? No I didn't. However, as I said, the coaching staff knows what pieces should work where. Did I mention Jagr? No, I know he'll never get moved. Although in some cases I wish he would be.

I don't know what trade possibilities are, I don't know who's available. Sather knows a lot better than me. However, if the right player is available and you can get rid of some of these players, then do it. No one is performing up to expectations. The closest I think is Gomez and not even he is either. I mean we have players in the NHL who are projected to hit 120 points. The Rangers don't have one over 65!

This is my exact problem! You're calling for player's heads but you're not willing to put a name to it. You're being critical of our coach and management but you're stating that you have no idea what to do. How about we relax, since it's a 3 game losing streak and wait for the team to start playing better? Are we under-performing lately? Of course. But let's put the guillotine away.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 11:15 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
This is my exact problem! You're calling for player's heads but you're not willing to put a name to it. You're being critical of our coach and management but you're stating that you have no idea what to do. How about we relax, since it's a 3 game losing streak and wait for the team to start playing better? Are we under-performing lately? Of course. But let's put the guillotine away.
If I knew what to do I'd be the GM of the Rangers or some NHL team. That's not my job. I just know that when you're 30th in scoring, you're not going anywhere. When you have no players on your team on pace for even 60 points you have a problem. I know you like the guys on the team, so do I, but it's either coaching or the players. It's definitely not neither. No team has won the cup by being the worst in scoring.

Old
12-08-2007, 12:14 PM
pruuu

I don't think anyone needs to be traded. Becides Malik after seeing his comments about being benched yesterday that is not professional at all and his play does not back up his payroll. Getting rid of him would potentially free up room for another guy later on. Even though we may have to buy his contract out to let him go, if Renny keeps sitting him its a waste of money even though it benefits the team. The only move that I think should be made is Dubinsky to the third line with prucha and callahan. And Drury up to the first. Once Avery is back we know the second line will kick ass again. But the first line needs a change. They stick out to me as the weakest line the last few games.

pruuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 12:15 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor View Post
No
The soul of wit.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 12:16 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
can we change the title of this thread....i almost fell out of my chair

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 02:50 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

You can't get rid of Renney now. You have to wait until the team makes the playoffs. Then you fire him right after the last game of the season.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

vCash: 50
Renney does have to go. Any half decent coach given the tools hes had to work with could have this team doing circles around any team outside of Detroit atm. His Mickey Mouse tactics are starting to fail and he no longer knows what to do. The Rangers coaching staff as a whole baffles me.

Some one answer me these essential questions:

1. Lundqvist is arguebly one of the best goaltenders in the NHL, yet his puck handling is horrible. Bad. Pathetic. We see time and time again what proper puck handleing by a goaltender can do, as much as I hate to say it, DP is a perfect example. Why does Beniot Allaire not work with him?

2. The power play. Its been a mystery for how long now? Since Renney took over. Dont even say it was good last season because it sucked then and still sucks now. Plain and simple a good power play wins games. Alot of games. Yet the Rangers time in and time out go through the same broken bum power play routine that fails to work. Renney does what to fix this? Nothing.

3. 5-3 power play. I dont know stats for 5-3 power plays, but despite the few the Rangers actually get compared to other teams, and no im not kidding, any one who dares call me a homer here, go and look up the stats. On the RARE few 5-3 Chances we do get, they should be sure goals. This is another part that wins games. But the Rangers have also failed to work on that.

The Reasons people are talking about the Rangers failure on offense isnt because they are lacking goal scoring. 5-5 they are getting great goal scoring. Any time my team scores 2-3 goals per game 5-5 I am a happy as hell camper. Because most teams will tack on at least 1 more on the PP and 9 times out of 10 4 goals will win you a game, and its 10 out of 10 if your goaltender is Lundqvist.

Their offense is not the problem. 5-5 its great. Its their dismal power play if their power play was even top 10 in the NHL im sure the Rangers would be at the top of the eastern conference and top 15 in the NHL in goal scored rather then 29th.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 10:10 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hplaya94 View Post
Renney does have to go. Any half decent coach given the tools hes had to work with could have this team doing circles around any team outside of Detroit atm. His Mickey Mouse tactics are starting to fail and he no longer knows what to do. The Rangers coaching staff as a whole baffles me.

Some one answer me these essential questions:

1. Lundqvist is arguebly one of the best goaltenders in the NHL, yet his puck handling is horrible. Bad. Pathetic. We see time and time again what proper puck handleing by a goaltender can do, as much as I hate to say it, DP is a perfect example. Why does Beniot Allaire not work with him?

2. The power play. Its been a mystery for how long now? Since Renney took over. Dont even say it was good last season because it sucked then and still sucks now. Plain and simple a good power play wins games. Alot of games. Yet the Rangers time in and time out go through the same broken bum power play routine that fails to work. Renney does what to fix this? Nothing.

3. 5-3 power play. I dont know stats for 5-3 power plays, but despite the few the Rangers actually get compared to other teams, and no im not kidding, any one who dares call me a homer here, go and look up the stats. On the RARE few 5-3 Chances we do get, they should be sure goals. This is another part that wins games. But the Rangers have also failed to work on that.

The Reasons people are talking about the Rangers failure on offense isnt because they are lacking goal scoring. 5-5 they are getting great goal scoring. Any time my team scores 2-3 goals per game 5-5 I am a happy as hell camper. Because most teams will tack on at least 1 more on the PP and 9 times out of 10 4 goals will win you a game, and its 10 out of 10 if your goaltender is Lundqvist.

Their offense is not the problem. 5-5 its great. Its their dismal power play if their power play was even top 10 in the NHL im sure the Rangers would be at the top of the eastern conference and top 15 in the NHL in goal scored rather then 29th.

I don't think that it's intelligent for you to assume that Benoit doesn't work with Hank on his puck handling. I think a high school caliber coach would be working with his goalie on that so I'm sure a coach in the NHL is doing the same. Hank's just not the best puck handler. It's not like he's a 10 year old kid and it's baffling that with practice he hasn't improved. He's a guy who's been playing the game for years now and he's just not the best puck handler. What can you say? Can he improve? Yeah, but every player everywhere can improve on every aspect of their game all the time.

The powerplay sucks. You're right. I'm not going to argue that. But everything I've ever heard from Renney is exactly what you need to do to fix it. Is it his fault the players don't shoot? Is it his fault the players skate around and cycle foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr waiting for the perfect opportunity? He stresses shooting the puck. The past week or so he has said if you don't shoot, you get off the ice. And for the most part I think he's kept to that. But it's hard to get a unit off the ice if they're cycling for over a minute and still have the puck in the zone. Sometimes you need to realize the players need to be held accountable. What's that old expression, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink?

I can't comment much on the 5-3 powerplay. You're right, I don't think we get too many of these. But I mainly focus on the Rangers every game they play. I don't watch every game of every other team in the league, so by comparison I don't know how different we are than most teams. Maybe someone has a stat for this? I do feel like you a 5-3 (given it's for a decent amount of time) should be a lock for a goal. But this is hardly the reason for our goal scoring problems. Like you said, we barely get them, so they can't be at fault.

5-5 they have played better than their opposition for the most part this season. So they do need to start converting chances. But they also need to stop taking penalties early in games, to disrupt this even strength rhythm they get going and they need to stop this trend of taking penalties instanstly after getting a powerplay. Also, winning offensive zone face offs would help. Games like tonight suck when you get a PP and lose the draw and they send it down and by the time you get set up in their zone there's only a minute left (add to that the minute of cycling and you see why the powerplay struggles).

Old
12-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Acew61

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruuu View Post
Wow I am dumb.

Now now, at least you're past the denial stage. Want to talk about it...or do you have to get angry first?

Acew61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 10:23 PM
NHLhockey1234

Yea, let's get Brian Trottier or John Muckler back . Or better yet, put Sather back in there. I don't see who else in the market the Rangers could get for a coach, especially one that is WAY better than Renney. Renney is our best option, he got us to the playoffs last year. Give him two more years.

NHLhockey1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 10:25 PM
pruuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acew61 View Post
Now now, at least you're past the denial stage. Want to talk about it...or do you have to get angry first?
I made this awhile back. It was on the second page. I have posted nothing else on it for ^^that exact reason. Weather I want Renny fired or not.It doesn't matter. I actually thik hes o.k. But he is very hesistant to change the lines which is frusterating. This thread was on the second page and some 1 posted and revitalized it. Not my fault and don't make ******* comments at me now. Just let this thread die. If you want to keep posting in it fine. But please dont make comments like that at me. Using a quote and using it in a completely different context.

Old
12-09-2007, 10:40 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediprakNYR View Post
Yea, let's get Brian Trottier or John Muckler back . Or better yet, put Sather back in there. I don't see who else in the market the Rangers could get for a coach, especially one that is WAY better than Renney. Renney is our best option, he got us to the playoffs last year. Give him two more years.

The F-ing MAN

Not the F-ing man

Old
12-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Acew61

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruuu View Post
I made this awhile back. It was on the second page. I have posted nothing else on it for ^^that exact reason. Weather I want Renny fired or not.It doesn't matter. I actually thik hes o.k. But he is very hesistant to change the lines which is frusterating. This thread was on the second page and some 1 posted and revitalized it. Not my fault and don't make ******* comments at me now. Just let this thread die. If you want to keep posting in it fine. But please dont make comments like that at me. Using a quote and using it in a completely different context.

A day and a half ago is hardly a while back. It has had constant conversation in it since that point. Dont go pointing necro fingers. Also I took nothing out of context. You typed those words at the very start of your post. Not like I yoinked 3 random words out of the block of text and put them together. Also I'm sorry you're so horribly offended by a little joke that did no harm to you. But did I not call it Frankly I usually lurk but I'm so sick of this board being unreadable due to crazy crap after every little thing that goes wrong that I feel like ripping one every once in a while. You just got to be the lucky post I picked.

Acew61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 10:44 PM
pruuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acew61 View Post
A day and a half ago is hardly a while back. It has had constant conversation in it since that point. Dont go pointing necro fingers. Also I took nothing out of context. You typed those words at the very start of your post. Not like I yoinked 3 random words out of the block of text and put them together. Also I'm sorry you're so horribly offended by a little joke that did no harm to you. But did I not call it Frankly I usually lurk but I'm so sick of this board being unreadable due to crazy crap after every little thing that goes wrong that I feel like ripping one every once in a while. You just got to be the lucky post I picked.
Im not offended. I just don't like confrontation of forums. Ok mabye it wasn't that long ago....that comment was part of my attempt to forget about the last few games...lol. I posted those words in a joking manner. Which U turned back on me. Whatever. My comment about "New Coach" was not solely related to getting rid of Renny, maybe I should have entitled the thread "New Face". I was trying to get people opinions of having Messier in the organization? I remembered last season he expressed interest. The getting rid of Renney aspect of it was what blew up probably beacuse I made it seem like that was what I was after.

Last edited by pruuu: 12-09-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old
12-09-2007, 10:45 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Seriously, I love Renney. I wish he would do some things differently, but I love the guy.

Old
12-09-2007, 10:54 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Seriously, I love Renney. I wish he would do some things differently, but I love the guy.

My thoughts exactly. I love him.

When the Rangers lost early in the season in Pittsburgh (the 1-0 shutout where we got shutout for the second straight night), I was sitting front row by Fleury and after the first intermission when the teams came back out on the ice, the assistant coaches and Renney walked all the way around the boards to get back to the ice. I yelled TOM!!! And he actually looked up and pointed at me with two fingers and said, "Good job!" with a big grin on his face since I was sitting there in my Leetch jersey. Wouldn't have expected anything else from the guy either with how he's conducted himself since he's been here.

Last edited by ruckus*: 12-09-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old
12-09-2007, 11:02 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
My feelings exactly. It's not just a coincidence that this team has made the playoffs both years after he took over full-time. Of course, obviously the players on the roster help, but when I look around the league, I realize we are lucky to have him here.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote