HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wow Perron

Old
12-07-2007, 10:21 PM
BlueNhockeytown

vCash: 500
Wow Perron

Great game tonight, he is force offensively. He already looks like the best guy on the ice at age 19.

BlueNhockeytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 11:26 PM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

He was awesome tonight. With a couple of really nice defensive plays as well. And Mike Johnson was pretty bad. I hope this locks Perron into the lineup for at least a few games.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 03:42 AM
AgentNaslund*

any reason why hes left off the world junior team canada selection camp? Did the Blues not allow it or what?

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 05:44 AM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
any reason why hes left off the world junior team canada selection camp? Did the Blues not allow it or what?
Because he's playing in the NHL instead?

Old
12-08-2007, 07:47 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

I think the Blues need to let him play. If we make the playoffs, then fine. I'm not expecting the Blues to be a cup contender. I'm not concerned with making the playoffs either. The Blues fans are buying into the rebuilding plan. The Cardinals and Rams don't have a plan or care about their fans. That helps build our casual fan base. I don't want to see the Mike Johnson's while Perron is sitting in the rafters. Let's see what the kids have. I want EJ and Wagner out there. AM can stop the Tony LaRussa crap and let the kids play. (How many young pitchers did he ruin?)

Next year, I hope to see at least two offensive and one defensive slot that are given to rookies to lose in the lineup every night. It's time to have a few kids on the Peoria shuttle bus to build these kids up. Personally, I would like to see one forward and one defenseman traded off the roster now to do this very thing. (for value, if it can be done. I imagine we are stuck like everyone else.) Some of the kids in Peoria deserve a look. We only have one line that can score consistently anyway. Let them see what it takes to be successful at this level. As it is now, it is going to take someone doing a Nancy Kerrigan (for those who don't know. The figure skater who took a whack to the knee.) to one of the forwards or defenders to get them a look.

Okay, I'll stop.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 08:53 AM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
I think the Blues need to let him play. If we make the playoffs, then fine. I'm not expecting the Blues to be a cup contender. I'm not concerned with making the playoffs either. The Blues fans are buying into the rebuilding plan. The Cardinals and Rams don't have a plan or care about their fans. That helps build our casual fan base. I don't want to see the Mike Johnson's while Perron is sitting in the rafters. Let's see what the kids have. I want EJ and Wagner out there. AM can stop the Tony LaRussa crap and let the kids play. (How many young pitchers did he ruin?)

Next year, I hope to see at least two offensive and one defensive slot that are given to rookies to lose in the lineup every night. It's time to have a few kids on the Peoria shuttle bus to build these kids up. Personally, I would like to see one forward and one defenseman traded off the roster now to do this very thing. (for value, if it can be done. I imagine we are stuck like everyone else.) Some of the kids in Peoria deserve a look. We only have one line that can score consistently anyway. Let them see what it takes to be successful at this level. As it is now, it is going to take someone doing a Nancy Kerrigan (for those who don't know. The figure skater who took a whack to the knee.) to one of the forwards or defenders to get them a look.

Okay, I'll stop.

Perry, for the first time I can ever think back on...we disagree.

Perron has been awesome. EJ sat a few games heatlhy. And I personally want to see them out there every game. But as a coach I understand why Murray doesn't do it.

We all also have to remember a few things...Murray isn't a dictator. He does things for a reason and the best interest of the team and even the players.

Possibly, playing Jackman more than a great EJ because he knows our time is running out on Jackman...we sign him or trade him in the coming few months...Also, I love Perron and EJ but I think it's good for teenagers to take a break once in awhile from the National Hockey League. I think it's smart...remember how much was thrown on to Pronger at 19 and 20 and he didn't really develop for years into the defensemen that he was capable of.

Yes, as a fan I want those kids out there every game...but as a fan I would also like to have the Cup now. I have trust in Murray, I really do. And this is coming from a guy that never had trust in Quenneville. And even though I hate Brewer in the lineup every single day...and even though Perron and EJ are sat for almost no reason....I can not blame Murray right now.

Is there terrible mistakes being made on the ice by certain players? Yes. Is there questionable moves on who is a scratch and who really should be? Yes. And I have been one of those guys questioning those moves.

But the bottomline is, Murray's "questionable moves" have us 12-2-1 in the past 15 games. Not to mention these Blues have the BEST record in the NHL in the last calender year (since Murray took over).

If these head scratching moves had us going in the opposite direction...I would be right with you on Perron, EJ and others....but we are getting BETTER as a team almost every single week.

Let's give Murray the benefit of the doubt and see what Murray does when, or if, we start getting in a bad rut. Especially since this coach is one of the main reasons we are a great "team" right now...and not in the bottom of the NHL like we were just one year ago with Kitchen at the helm.

FYI: It's not LaRussa that messed up the young arms...It's Dave Duncan. Never once in 25+ years as a pitching coach has he been able to develop a young stud arm, or any young arm for that matter, into a great pitching career.

Last edited by TrustInJarmo*: 12-08-2007 at 09:06 AM.
TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 09:45 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
Perry, for the first time I can ever think back on...we disagree.

Perron has been awesome. EJ sat a few games heatlhy. And I personally want to see them out there every game. But as a coach I understand why Murray doesn't do it.

We all also have to remember a few things...Murray isn't a dictator. He does things for a reason and the best interest of the team and even the players.

Possibly, playing Jackman more than a great EJ because he knows our time is running out on Jackman...we sign him or trade him in the coming few months...Also, I love Perron and EJ but I think it's good for teenagers to take a break once in awhile from the National Hockey League. I think it's smart...remember how much was thrown on to Pronger at 19 and 20 and he didn't really develop for years into the defensemen that he was capable of.

Yes, as a fan I want those kids out there every game...but as a fan I would also like to have the Cup now. I have trust in Murray, I really do. And this is coming from a guy that never had trust in Quenneville. And even though I hate Brewer in the lineup every single day...and even though Perron and EJ are sat for almost no reason....I can not blame Murray right now.

Is there terrible mistakes being made on the ice by certain players? Yes. Is there questionable moves on who is a scratch and who really should be? Yes. And I have been one of those guys questioning those moves.

But the bottomline is, Murray's "questionable moves" have us 12-2-1 in the past 15 games. Not to mention these Blues have the BEST record in the NHL in the last calender year (since Murray took over).

If these head scratching moves had us going in the opposite direction...I would be right with you on Perron, EJ and others....but we are getting BETTER as a team almost every single week.

Let's give Murray the benefit of the doubt and see what Murray does when, or if, we start getting in a bad rut. Especially since this coach is one of the main reasons we are a great "team" right now...and not in the bottom of the NHL like we were just one year ago with Kitchen at the helm.

FYI: It's not LaRussa that messed up the young arms...It's Dave Duncan. Never once in 25+ years as a pitching coach has he been able to develop a young stud arm, or any young arm for that matter, into a great pitching career.
I understand your point and totally understand it, but don't be blinded by the regular season wins. You have seen this before as a long standing Blues fan. Great regular season and early playoff exit. Don't be fooled by our record. We don't have the guns to win the cup. I'm sorry. We lack the scoring depth. We lack the one two punch on defense. The Blues can be defeated with one shutdown checking line and an aggressive forecheck in the playoffs. (all of our defenders are vulnerable, no one is excluded)

Is sitting 3-4 games straight with a 19 year old smart? I have to disagree with you. Rotating in and out is one thing, but missing this many games? We aren't breaking horses for labor here. This is hockey.

The head scratcher for me will be when we think we are one player away and mortgage the farm in anyway again for a playoff run. I hope history doesn't repeat itself. Whether we qualify for the playoffs or not, I hope we trade off our potential free agents for futures. (If we will not be able to agree on a contract) This season should be a right off as last season was. That is just my opinion.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 10:13 AM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
I understand your point and totally understand it, but don't be blinded by the regular season wins. You have seen this before as a long standing Blues fan. Great regular season and early playoff exit. Don't be fooled by our record. We don't have the guns to win the cup. I'm sorry. We lack the scoring depth. We lack the one two punch on defense. The Blues can be defeated with one shutdown checking line and an aggressive forecheck in the playoffs. (all of our defenders are vulnerable, no one is excluded)

Is sitting 3-4 games straight with a 19 year old smart? I have to disagree with you. Rotating in and out is one thing, but missing this many games? We aren't breaking horses for labor here. This is hockey.

The head scratcher for me will be when we think we are one player away and mortgage the farm in anyway again for a playoff run. I hope history doesn't repeat itself. Whether we qualify for the playoffs or not, I hope we trade off our potential free agents for futures. (If we will not be able to agree on a contract) This season should be a right off as last season was. That is just my opinion.
Trust me man...I passed on ALL playoff tickets my buddies offered me from 97-2004 because I had zero faith in Q leading us. I haven't been to a playoff game since 96...I am still well aware man that the regular season success could mean nothing in the playoffs. And I think that will probably be the case again this year.

But even under Q, we would go thru stretches that we would play horrible and LOSE those games that we should have won. I haven't seen much out of that out of Murray.

I do agree 3-4 games sitting might not be the greatest idea...but we really don't know Murray's thought process for this. I wish we would know.

I agree, we have no 1-2 punch on defense...but no team has allowed less goals than the Blues...and I know Legace and Hannu are playing great....but the D has to get "a little" credit. Even though I don't think many deserve it.

I agree we lack the scoring depth to make any run deep in the playoff this year...but we all know that will change next summer...Oshie, Berglund, 1st/2nd liner Free Agent...So probably the only question mark will be going into next summer, is the Defense good enough? Is there a real 1-2 punch on D. Will Brewer and Mckee ever step up and be what we paid them to be. If we pay Jax a contract...will he live up to a 1-2 D-Man?

I 100% agree with you on trading off ALL soon to be UFA. I hate the fact that we didn't do that with Hull in 98, Demitra in 04, etc.

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 11:36 AM
trublu16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNhockeytown View Post
Great game tonight, he is force offensively. He already looks like the best guy on the ice at age 19.
I think that 2 other guys might have something to say about that. Those guys being BB and PK. But he could of been the best looking 19 year old on the ice last night.

How can you veen justify your statement, especially when the coach doesn't believe in his abilities on a nightly basis. Have him play 15-20 games in a row, then we will see if he is still the "Best Guy on the Ice". My money is on BB and PK to still be better than Perron, at least for this year.

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 02:30 PM
BlueBleeder

EJ needs to be on the ice. The powerplay looks awful when he is not on the point.

Everytime AM sits Perron, he comes back looking very hungry. So sitting him every once in awhile can't hurt too much.

BlueBleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 02:37 PM
fogducker

N O N I S ! ! !

fogducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 02:59 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBleeder View Post
EJ needs to be on the ice. The powerplay looks awful when he is not on the point.

Everytime AM sits Perron, he comes back looking very hungry. So sitting him every once in awhile can't hurt too much.
Agree with both points. EJ is THE only point man that gets his shots through the opposition defense, not to mention on net. He has been OK on the back end, certainly as good as some "vets".

I hated the idea of scratching Perron at first, but he does come back hungry, I think if he can keep that fire in his belly, AM will play him. And we will all reap the benefit.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 04:52 PM
CallMeJerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogducker View Post
N O N I S ! ! !

D E L O R M E ! ! !

CallMeJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 05:33 PM
BlueNhockeytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu16 View Post
I think that 2 other guys might have something to say about that. Those guys being BB and PK. But he could of been the best looking 19 year old on the ice last night.

How can you veen justify your statement, especially when the coach doesn't believe in his abilities on a nightly basis. Have him play 15-20 games in a row, then we will see if he is still the "Best Guy on the Ice". My money is on BB and PK to still be better than Perron, at least for this year.
Wow calm down, it was not meant literal.

Every time he touches the puck he makes something happen, the kid ios going to be special.

Old
12-09-2007, 12:37 PM
BluesDarb

How anyone could question AM at this point is beyond me..

Regardless of all the flaws this team has, and it has more than a few, Andy has the team winning. And while the wins don't mean much this year(we aren't Cup-bound), what they do is let the youngsters get a taste of what it is to be a success. It lets Perron, Boyes, Backes, EJ, and Stemp become leadership on the team. That will be very key next year with Oshie/Berglund and anyone else that might make the team. They'll need a youthful face in a leadership role in order to blossom right away.

I have total faith in AM, even though I'd like to see Perron get a chance night in, night out.

And as far as this year being a 'write-off' I disagree. Last year was a write-off...this year is the first year of the Blues' future. It would be great to get the kids a taste of the playoffs, but above all they need seasoning....and that doesn't mean blowing them out by expecting them to play every game.

They benefit from being in practice and getting coached....not just from playing games.

Have faith, we've got a very good coach(for once!)

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 01:12 PM
trublu16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNhockeytown View Post
Wow calm down, it was not meant literal.

Every time he touches the puck he makes something happen, the kid ios going to be special.
I wasn't jumping down your thoat, if that is what you assumed.

I am really getting sick and tired of people saying he is the best on the ice. And forgetting about the guys who are gettting the job done on a nightly basis. I would put Jamal "hands of Stone" Mayers above Perron right now. Jammer is out there, no matter what the situation is and putting in 110% effort. And this kid hasn't even played in 10 games yet this season, or something like that. And when he does hit the ice, the puck usually finds his stick. Sometimes he makes something happen, and other times nothing happens.

All I am saying, is do not disrespect the guys out there getting the job done. For a kid with potential, and that is all Perron is at this particular point in his career.

Old
12-10-2007, 02:04 PM
BlueNhockeytown

Quote:
I wasn't jumping down your thoat, if that is what you assumed.

I am really getting sick and tired of people saying he is the best on the ice. And forgetting about the guys who are gettting the job done on a nightly basis. I would put Jamal "hands of Stone" Mayers above Perron right now. Jammer is out there, no matter what the situation is and putting in 110% effort. And this kid hasn't even played in 10 games yet this season, or something like that. And when he does hit the ice, the puck usually finds his stick. Sometimes he makes something happen, and other times nothing happens.

All I am saying, is do not disrespect the guys out there getting the job done. For a kid with potential, and that is all Perron is at this particular point in his career.
I would say when he is on the ice he is getting the job done too. How you don't see how gifted he is when he touches the puck is beyond me. If he got the ice time he would be close to the top on the team in points imo.

Old
12-10-2007, 02:57 PM
St.Louis sports fan

All Perron has done is produce with very limited ice-time since day one. Murray is blindly loyal to his veteran players on this team and Perron has had to outplay them just to get a sniff. He's been benched and sat down, but he has been consistent in his effort. I can see people having a grudge against him if Murray was playing him on the top line and PP unit and if he is the type of player that avoids contact and floats around, but that is not how Perron has been at all.

Is it your contention that Weight has outplayed Perron since he has played in every game. The kid can't be faulted for not dressing in every game.

St.Louis sports fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 04:11 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis sports fan View Post
All Perron has done is produce with very limited ice-time since day one. Murray is blindly loyal to his veteran players on this team and Perron has had to outplay them just to get a sniff. He's been benched and sat down, but he has been consistent in his effort. I can see people having a grudge against him if Murray was playing him on the top line and PP unit and if he is the type of player that avoids contact and floats around, but that is not how Perron has been at all.

Is it your contention that Weight has outplayed Perron since he has played in every game. The kid can't be faulted for not dressing in every game.
Very true. You have to wonder what kind of numbers he would post if he got Toews or Kane icetime. Their numbers are good on a team that doesn't pay a lot of attention to the backcheck. Perron's numbers are OK with limited time and he is defensively responsible.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLooFrenchy View Post
Very true. You have to wonder what kind of numbers he would post if he got Toews or Kane icetime. Their numbers are good on a team that doesn't pay a lot of attention to the backcheck. Perron's numbers are OK with limited time and he is defensively responsible.

Just imagine Perron playing every game with Tkachuk and Kariya, or with Kariya and Boyes. His point totals would have rivaled Toews and Kane.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 08:23 PM
trublu16

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis sports fan View Post

Is it your contention hasthat Weight outplayed Perron since he has played in every game. The kid can't be faulted for not dressing in every game.
That is not what I am saying. This thread was started out as "Perron was the best player on the ice". And on the evening in question, which I believe that is was last Friday. He was not the best player on the ice. I took exception that the players that are playing on a nightly basis, (Brad Boyes, PK, Tkachuk, MAyers, and many others) are getting disrespected by this thread. I am not saying Perron does not have the talent or abilities to be in the NHL. I think he does but, to say he is the best on the ice is just total disrespect to the veterans. Especially the ones who are battling on the nightly basis, while Perron is in the pressbox (by his choice or not).

Actually PK was the best player on the ice, and I think he only registered 1 assist. But his play with and without the puck made him the best on the ice.

Old
12-10-2007, 10:10 PM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
That is not what I am saying. This thread was started out as "Perron was the best player on the ice". And on the evening in question, which I believe that is was last Friday. He was not the best player on the ice. I took exception that the players that are playing on a nightly basis, (Brad Boyes, PK, Tkachuk, MAyers, and many others) are getting disrespected by this thread. I am not saying Perron does not have the talent or abilities to be in the NHL. I think he does but, to say he is the best on the ice is just total disrespect to the veterans. Especially the ones who are battling on the nightly basis, while Perron is in the pressbox (by his choice or not).

Actually PK was the best player on the ice, and I think he only registered 1 assist. But his play with and without the puck made him the best on the ice.
I understand your point, and I don't disagree with you entirely. I don't think Perron was the best player on the ice against Edmonton either. Boyes was. After that, it's a toss-up, but Perron was very good and deserves consideration for second-best. Fans are emotional and fond of hyperbole. Notice all the threads around here about how so-and-so is the FILTHIEST player or such-and-such trade was the WORST TRADE IN HISTORY.

But Perron makes more out of his time than most players, including Tkachuk, Mayers, and Paul Kariya. You can tell just from watching, but the stats agree with me. Kariya averages 18:31 of icetime per game with 26 points. Tkachuk with 17:12 toi per game and 23 points. Both with 27 games. That's 500 minutes of icetime for Kariya and 464 for Tkachuk - a point for just over 20 minutes of icetime and for Tkachuk and a point for just over 19 minutes for Kariya. Perron gets just 12:40 of toi with 11 points in 16 games. Not quite 203 minutes of icetime. BELOW 18 and a half minutes per point registered. Perron's shooting percentage is better than twice of Tkachuk's and almost THREE TIMES better than Kariya's.

Add to that the fact that Perron always gets second powerplay duty (sometimes with Mike Johnson and Jamal Mayers...seriously) and much of his playing time earlier in the season was with Weight who has severely underachieved, and Stempniak, who wasn't producing at that time either. While Tkachuk and Kariya have been playing with each other and Boyes.

I like Paul Kariya. He's been a great addition to the team. However, at no time this season has Kariya been even close to the best player on the ice. His play away from the puck is suspicious most of the time. Keep watching. He'll regularly choose to stand on the half boards in the offensive zone instead of going down low into the corner, so when someone tries to cycle it behind the net, the other team gets to it instead because he's just standing there. Perron is much more physical, wins more battles along the boards, and is very impressive at forechecking and intercepting passes in the neutral zone. Every handful of games, Kariya will make a nice stick-lift on the backcheck, and that's about it. Hell, Perron has even filled in nicely for a pinching defenseman a few times.

I'm not saying Kariya sucks. And I'm not saying Perron is carrying the yoke for the Blues. However, his shift-to-shift performance is undeniable. You can say that Murray knows what he's doing and that Perron produces well because he puts him out in ideal circumstances and stuff like that. But that's hypothesis contrary to fact. Until Perron regularly gets more icetime, we'll never know.
And that's what I think a lot of us want to see. Treat Perron like his performance has shown rather than just his age. In fact, I'd go one further and say treat the entire team in that fashion. Bewer and Backman were wretched against Colorado. If Jackman goes on the IR, call up Polak and play him, Walker, and Wagner. If you make a rookie accountable for one or two shifts of mistakes by benching him for multiple games, then make vets even more accountable for entire games of awful play. Murray is a great coach, but he's not perfect. So I won't pretend like he is.

Old
12-11-2007, 11:48 AM
trublu16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
I understand your point, and I don't disagree with you entirely. I don't think Perron was the best player on the ice against Edmonton either. Boyes was. After that, it's a toss-up, but Perron was very good and deserves consideration for second-best. Fans are emotional and fond of hyperbole. Notice all the threads around here about how so-and-so is the FILTHIEST player or such-and-such trade was the WORST TRADE IN HISTORY.

But Perron makes more out of his time than most players, including Tkachuk, Mayers, and Paul Kariya. You can tell just from watching, but the stats agree with me. Kariya averages 18:31 of icetime per game with 26 points. Tkachuk with 17:12 toi per game and 23 points. Both with 27 games. That's 500 minutes of icetime for Kariya and 464 for Tkachuk - a point for just over 20 minutes of icetime and for Tkachuk and a point for just over 19 minutes for Kariya. Perron gets just 12:40 of toi with 11 points in 16 games. Not quite 203 minutes of icetime. BELOW 18 and a half minutes per point registered. Perron's shooting percentage is better than twice of Tkachuk's and almost THREE TIMES better than Kariya's.

Add to that the fact that Perron always gets second powerplay duty (sometimes with Mike Johnson and Jamal Mayers...seriously) and much of his playing time earlier in the season was with Weight who has severely underachieved, and Stempniak, who wasn't producing at that time either. While Tkachuk and Kariya have been playing with each other and Boyes.

I like Paul Kariya. He's been a great addition to the team. However, at no time this season has Kariya been even close to the best player on the ice. His play away from the puck is suspicious most of the time. Keep watching. He'll regularly choose to stand on the half boards in the offensive zone instead of going down low into the corner, so when someone tries to cycle it behind the net, the other team gets to it instead because he's just standing there. Perron is much more physical, wins more battles along the boards, and is very impressive at forechecking and intercepting passes in the neutral zone. Every handful of games, Kariya will make a nice stick-lift on the backcheck, and that's about it. Hell, Perron has even filled in nicely for a pinching defenseman a few times.

I'm not saying Kariya sucks. And I'm not saying Perron is carrying the yoke for the Blues. However, his shift-to-shift performance is undeniable. You can say that Murray knows what he's doing and that Perron produces well because he puts him out in ideal circumstances and stuff like that. But that's hypothesis contrary to fact. Until Perron regularly gets more icetime, we'll never know.
And that's what I think a lot of us want to see. Treat Perron like his performance has shown rather than just his age. In fact, I'd go one further and say treat the entire team in that fashion. Bewer and Backman were wretched against Colorado. If Jackman goes on the IR, call up Polak and play him, Walker, and Wagner. If you make a rookie accountable for one or two shifts of mistakes by benching him for multiple games, then make vets even more accountable for entire games of awful play. Murray is a great coach, but he's not perfect. So I won't pretend like he is.
I can agree with that. But the people on this board need to understand that Perron is learning on how to play in the NHL. And doing the points per minute of ice time is not fair. Because just of a little thing called FATIGUE. You can not say how well Perron would be playing if he was putting up the minutes, that the everyday players are putting up. That is why I said earlier, put him in for 10-20 straight games and then we will see if he is still the same player as he is after getting 3-4 games off.

Old
12-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
I can agree with that. But the people on this board need to understand that Perron is learning on how to play in the NHL. And doing the points per minute of ice time is not fair. Because just of a little thing called FATIGUE. You can not say how well Perron would be playing if he was putting up the minutes, that the everyday players are putting up. That is why I said earlier, put him in for 10-20 straight games and then we will see if he is still the same player as he is after getting 3-4 games off.
I agree w/ the last line. It is easier to come in on spot duty w/ rest and perform vs. playing nightly. I am not denying his tallent, just that he doesn't have the endurance for a full season grind (again 19 years old, he has a ton of time left to gain the endurance). I think he will be a 60-70 point player as he gets older. I like his skill and grit, but the stregnth is not quite there (and by stregnth I don't mean power, but endurance for the long haul).

Oh, and btw, anyone notice that when I took my McClement Avatar down, he started to score and produce. From now I do not sponsor anyone - if I do, IB, for the sake of the player, take it down.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 02:36 PM
BlueNhockeytown

[QUOTE=trublu16;11564212]That is not what I am saying. This thread was started out as "Perron was the best player on the ice". And on the evening in question, which I believe that is was last Friday. He was not the best player on the ice. I took exception that the players that are playing on a nightly basis, (Brad Boyes, PK, Tkachuk, MAyers, and many others) are getting disrespected by this thread.[QUOTE]

No, that is not what I was saying. You took an innocent remark and ran wild with it. I said "Perron already lookslike the best player on the ice". I did not say he wasthe best or had the most production. Maybe I should of said he looks to be the most talented player. In any case, I was not trying to disrespect any of the players, I was simply pointing out how good I thought Perron was.