HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Move Dubinsky to the third line.

Old
12-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Nich

vCash: 500
have we ever tried that good looking training camp line of

straka - cally - prucha

with

avery - gomez - jagr
drury - dubi - shanny

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 09:44 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
For how many years have you been watching hockey? In all that time, you have never noticed the difference between a happy and an unhappy Jagr?

Do you notice him smiling and laughing all the time this year? It's not a matter of him being happy or not. Sure losing Nylander and someone you have chemistry with sucks. But this guy isn't sulking. People throw that out there as if it's a fact. It's nonsense. Have you ever noticed someone in a scoring slump? Give me a break. It's like with Jagr there's always some BS conspiracy theories behind it when he's not playing well. He's a human being. He's allowed to go through slumps.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Do you notice him smiling and laughing all the time this year? It's nota matter of him being happy or not. Sure losing Nylander and someone you have chemistry with sucks. But this guy isn't sulking. People throw that out there as if it's a fact. It's nonsense. Have you ever noticed someone in a scoring slumb? Give me a break
Just like I stated before, he exchanged scoring for laughing this year.

Hey, it makes me smile but a goal will make me happier.

Oh well, great player, great guy to look up to, but I'm sorry to say his career is almost at it's end for our big man.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 09:55 PM
AveryisSuperman

They were decent together for a game or two but its clear it needs to be broken up now.Guess it wouldn't hurt to try Drury there again though earlier in the season Jags and Drury didn't seem like they had any chemistry either

AveryisSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 09:56 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Just like I stated before, he exchanged scoring for laughing this year.

Hey, it makes me smile but a goal will make me happier.

Oh well, great player, great guy to look up to, but I'm sorry to say his career is almost at it's end for our big man.

It's fine that you feel that way. I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion. But that, like the majority of these other arguments are simply that; opinions. People are assuming this and assuming that and there's nothing to it. Why can't the guy just be in a slump? I'm not saying that any of you are wrong, but everyone is preaching this stuff as if they're God and they know it to be fact. What happens if he turns it on and has a dominant second half of the year and finishes with 40 goals? Is it probable? At this rate, no. But he's the type of player that's capable, no? It's just embarrassing to me the lack of loyalty by so many people. This is a guy who has turned this franchise from an embarrassent for the last decade into a playoff contender when they were picked to be the worst team in the league, and what should've been one game away from the Eastern Conference Finals. Maybe that's what bugs me most about all this talk. There's no loyalty. There's no freaking ethics here. I know this is professional sports and it's all about winning. But it's just embarrassing to me.

Old
12-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
It's fine that you feel that way. I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion. But that, like the majority of these other arguments are simply that; opinions. People are assuming this and assuming that and there's nothing to it. Why can't the guy just be in a slump? I'm not saying that any of you are wrong, but everyone is preaching this stuff as if they're God and they know it to be fact. What happens if he turns it on and has a dominant second half of the year and finishes with 40 goals? Is it probable? At this rate, no. But he's the type of player that's capable, no? It's just embarrassing to me the lack of loyalty by so many people. This is a guy who has turned this franchise from an embarrassent for the last decade into a playoff contender when they were picked to be the worst team in the league, and what should've been one game away from the Eastern Conference Finals. Maybe that's what bugs me most about all this talk. There's no loyalty. There's no freaking ethics here. I know this is professional sports and it's all about winning. But it's just embarrassing to me.
This isn't a loyalty issue, I proudly hoist my Jagr jersey, shirt, and fan-nism(word? lol) for him.

He is certainly capable, and he definitely will show up come playoff time, or when playoffs are in the picture near season end for sure, but the guy simply just gets swarmed out there.

It's almost as if I feel bad for him. Like if you take to notice that for the superstars in the game, obviously, players are forced to revolve their game around this player and sometimes it's more than one player. The defense around Jagr is just ridiculous, it's no wonder he can't get a shot off (although that doesn't mean he couldn't of a BUNCH of times, I didn't mean it that way).

I don't know for sure but I mean I'd be happy with him either way. Even if he were to be traded (I doubt it) there's no way I'd boo him if he returned back to MSG to play (on the opposing side), and nobody should.

Jagr just cant shake off 2 defenders constantly on him that are always as big as him if not bigger, but boy you gotta love Jagr when he's taking it all game long and he'll just put on the wheels and skate skate skate and draw a penalty on one of the big bafoons humping him all game long.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 10:09 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Do you notice him smiling and laughing all the time this year? It's not a matter of him being happy or not. Sure losing Nylander and someone you have chemistry with sucks. But this guy isn't sulking. People throw that out there as if it's a fact. It's nonsense. Have you ever noticed someone in a scoring slump? Give me a break. It's like with Jagr there's always some BS conspiracy theories behind it when he's not playing well. He's a human being. He's allowed to go through slumps.
I agree 100%

Some people make him out to be some kind of albatross. Which he is not, he is the opposite.

He is a good guy, and he is an incredible player. He is going through the first slump of his career.

He will be fine.

I bet in the second half he will go on a scoring tear.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 10:14 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
This isn't a loyalty issue, I proudly hoist my Jagr jersey, shirt, and fan-nism(word? lol) for him.

He is certainly capable, and he definitely will show up come playoff time, or when playoffs are in the picture near season end for sure, but the guy simply just gets swarmed out there.

It's almost as if I feel bad for him. Like if you take to notice that for the superstars in the game, obviously, players are forced to revolve their game around this player and sometimes it's more than one player. The defense around Jagr is just ridiculous, it's no wonder he can't get a shot off (although that doesn't mean he couldn't of a BUNCH of times, I didn't mean it that way).

I don't know for sure but I mean I'd be happy with him either way. Even if he were to be traded (I doubt it) there's no way I'd boo him if he returned back to MSG to play (on the opposing side), and nobody should.

Jagr just cant shake off 2 defenders constantly on him that are always as big as him if not bigger, but boy you gotta love Jagr when he's taking it all game long and he'll just put on the wheels and skate skate skate and draw a penalty on one of the big bafoons humping him all game long.

No I know and I agree with everything you just said. But it's like everyone just chooses to overlook everything you just mentioned. He faces the best most physical d-men every night. He's double teamed. He has no room to manuever. It takes OTHER PEOPLE stepping up on the team in order to open the ice more for him. Look at the Ottawa game. When your best player is getting killed like that every night you need the rest of the team to do something so that the team you're playing says, "man, we can't just single him out because the rest of these guys are just destroying us." But everyone here continues to focus a majority of the blame on 68. This is why I defend him so vigorously. People act like I'm backing him for dumb reasons and that I'm just trying to call them out for hating on him. But there's plenty of reasons I feel this way. I refuse to single him out for this teams inability to score goals this season. And I refuse to say that he's worth nothing anymore and is over the hill because after what I've seen the past two seasons, it doesn't just diminish that rapidly.

Old
12-11-2007, 10:21 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

IMO, Dubinsky has been very good on the top line.

He is strong on the puck, protects it with his body, strong on the boards, and creates space for Jagr.

That top unit of Straka - Dubinsky - Jagr has been solid.

The goals will come.

The way they control the puck deep in the opposition's zone is a great sign.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 10:23 PM
AveryisSuperman

they were solid for a game or two..then atrocious for 3 in a row with nothing but a combined -9 to show

AveryisSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote