HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Game 31 GDT Anaheim @ Nashville 12-08-07 5:00

Old
12-09-2007, 01:58 AM
theShiba

vCash: 500
I gotta say... for all the crap I talked...

DiPenta may not be solid... but based on the last two games, Crazy Legs has got some heart. I gotta respect the guy for taking the time he was scratched and coming back with some fire. It really seems like he is trying to prove (finally) that he deserves a spot on the team...

theShiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
Was it just me or was the beggining of this game possibly the worst hockey the Ducks have played all year?

Buffalo=****ing Amazing
Chicago=Got outshot, but overall out played the Hawks
Nashiville=God damn is that horrible hockey!

Given it was the second game in 2 day, but whatever the reason they shouldn't have looked that lazy.

Thank God Scott is coming back.

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 02:36 AM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by theShiba View Post

DiPenta may not be solid... but based on the last two games, Crazy Legs has got some heart. I gotta respect the guy for taking the time he was scratched and coming back with some fire. It really seems like he is trying to prove (finally) that he deserves a spot on the team...
Yes, he has impressed very much. Very good couple of games for DiPenta. The guy may not have the skill of other defensemen, but he sure has a lot of heart and passion for the game.

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 02:41 AM
MOENing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksforcup View Post
Yes, he has impressed very much. Very good couple of games for DiPenta. The guy may not have the skill of other defensemen, but he sure has a lot of heart and passion for the game.
Scotty light the ducks on fire. About TIME.

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShiba View Post

He's got to play his heart out right now. He makes something like 700k to sit in the pressbox, and we only need to shed 800k to make room for Scotty. He's probably sweating bullets right now.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

I don't think DiPenta's ever really been that bad, and I never got the huge scorn for him. He gets the puck, he clears the puck. That's a 6th defenseman, bfd.

It's our big-minute defenders that have sucked this season, excluding Schneider. We're not losing games because DiPenta has a weird skating stride.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 04:36 PM
lux_interior

What a ****** game by the Ducks. Honestly, one of our worst performances this year. Nice momentum killing, offensive zone penalty by Perry to end a crucial power play too.

lux_interior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bright Side View Post
I don't think DiPenta's ever really been that bad, and I never got the huge scorn for him. He gets the puck, he clears the puck. That's a 6th defenseman, bfd.

It's our big-minute defenders that have sucked this season, excluding Schneider. We're not losing games because DiPenta has a weird skating stride.
I agree. The guy gets a bad rap, but he is generally doing his job being Joe "Dependable." Solid defensive play.

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Joe Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_interior View Post
Nice momentum killing, offensive zone penalty by Perry to end a crucial power play too.
He's getting pretty adept at doing that these days.

Joe Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Pwnasaurus

I imagine he knows he's fighting to keep his job and thus he's trying to stay in the lineup. Funny how both Hnidy and Dippy fought in that game. Funny seeing as how they both know there's a chance they've got to prove they should stay.

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 12:45 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Interesting comments by Carlyle on Perry, inspired by his momentum and PP killing penalty in this game:
Quote:
"First and foremost, he cannot be less aggressive, but he has to be more careful with the use of his stick," Carlyle said Sunday. "He gets no leeway from the officials because he's a player that's scrappy. And they deem at times that he embellishes.

"And they're constantly on him about it. Verbally. Because I've seen it. He gets no slack in that respect."
Perry's got a rep, he now has to learn how to deal with it. Part of learning to play the game he does.

As to the embellishing part, I don't think he embellishes all that often. Yes he has embellished, and he's probably the worst on the team now that Selanne's gone, but I don't think he really does it that often. I just think he has no balance and needs to strengthen his core or something. Because look at all the hits he takes where there'd be no benefit to diving, and yet he goes flying. That's my biggest knock on him, he needs to get better at taking a hit or avoiding it altogether. I'm afraid that he'll get hurt someday.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bright Side View Post

Good post, that's been my thought on him the whole time.

He's not flashy or a pretty skater but gets it done, at least clears the puck when in trouble, and doesn't clear it up the middle of the ice.

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote