HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some food for thought - Dawes Dominating AHL

Old
12-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Some food for thought - Dawes Dominating AHL

Now, im not the biggest Nigel Dawes fan, nor am I a big detractor of his game. he is what he is.

but heres something that is really really sad. So far (through 2 and a half periods) Dawes has 6 points in tonights game against the Worcester Sharks.. (Dawes hasnt yet been credited with the 6th point, but the announcers say its a mistake and Dawes should pick up a point).

So Dawes has 6 points through 50 minutes in this game....so far this year the following players have 6 points or fewer for the ENTIRE SEASON:
Straka
Hossa
Mara
Staal
Malk
Betts
Strudwick
Callahan
Orr
Hollweg

and Dawes, who has 5 points in the NHL this year so far....

Im not trying to pump up Dawes here, just sort of shocked at how poor the numbers are for the Rangers...

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Fletch

The Rangers need legs...

and Dawes has them. No reason why he shouldn't be in the lineup tomorrow, at least to give someone a shake-up, or to actually produce himself. He took his demotion like a man. Went down and did what he had to do. The Rangers continue to struggle offensively. He belongs here right now, perhaps not over the long haul, but right now, he belongs here. There's a list of players he can replace currently.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
and Dawes has them. No reason why he shouldn't be in the lineup tomorrow, at least to give someone a shake-up, or to actually produce himself. He took his demotion like a man. Went down and did what he had to do. The Rangers continue to struggle offensively. He belongs here right now, perhaps not over the long haul, but right now, he belongs here. There's a list of players he can replace currently.
who knows, maybe the demotion will show dawes what he needs to do night in and night out? after his performance tonight he definitely should warrant a callup.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 08:57 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Its a joke Nigel is playing in the AHL. He is averaged 2 points a game since being sent down. He does not need anymore time in the AHL. Bring him up and start benching top 9 players who are useless for 9 out of 10 games in the OFFENSIVE zone (Hossa, Prucha come to mind first). Maybe once they realize they have to actually do something to get themself on the scoresheet then they will wake up. Dawes has a few bad games, let him sit as well until someone else has a few bad games. Nobody is scared to lose a spot in the lineup so half of them are just floating around.

Put some competitiveness into the lineup, maybe then players will start playing with a little more desire.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 08:59 PM
In The Flesh

Dawes can score at the NHL level, sometimes he's kind of a floater but that can be corraled, no?? Bring him back up, we need goals, and he's owning the AHL right now, Bring him back the hell up.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 09:01 PM
ThirdEye

Holy cow, I just went to confirm what you said and he does have 6 points

Bring him up, NOW!

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 09:02 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Fun fact:

Dawes is 3rd in scoring on the Pack despite only playing 12 games where the average player has played 25.

12GP - 9G - 15A -24P

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 09:05 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Holy cow, I just went to confirm what you said and he does have 6 points

Bring him up, NOW!
With the display of play the the last three games, I bet Dawes gets called up

Old
12-08-2007, 09:09 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
With the display of play the the last three games, I bet Dawes gets called up
He should be put in place of Hossa. I think him and Gomez could hit it off if you give them enough time

Anyway, you have to bring him up against the Devils.

Old
12-08-2007, 09:10 PM
jmb9191

I'll be wearing his jersey tomorrow in section 428.

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 09:10 PM
bOnEs516

Its just really sad. And to see that the Caps beat the Thrashers makes me want to throw up.

bOnEs516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 09:11 PM
devsfan4life

Why was he sent down in the first place?

devsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 09:11 PM
bOnEs516

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan4life View Post
Why was he sent down in the first place?
bad defensive play

bOnEs516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 09:13 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOnEs516 View Post
Its just really sad. And to see that the Caps beat the Thrashers makes me want to throw up.
oh god, thats sickening

Old
12-08-2007, 09:18 PM
ruckus*

I'd like to see Dawes be given a chance as well, for all of the reasons mentioned above. However, dominating the AHL means nothing for how you're going to produce in the NHL (ie: Ryan Callahan).

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 09:21 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
I'd like to see Dawes be given a chance as well, for all of the reasons mentioned above. However, dominating the AHL means nothing for how you're going to produce in the NHL (ie: Ryan Callahan).
very true (ie. Darren Haydar)

Old
12-08-2007, 09:44 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Yeah, but I think Dawes is more offensively gifted than Cally. \

The question is whether Renney is patient enough to give Dawes enough time to prove himself this time around. But knowing Renney, the answer will probably be no

Old
12-08-2007, 09:48 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Dawes can score at the NHL level, sometimes he's kind of a floater but that can be corraled, no?? Bring him back up, we need goals, and he's owning the AHL right now, Bring him back the hell up.
Well said. On his behalf I'd point out that unlike last year when he went down and moped for two months, he is playing like he desperatly wants to get back to New York. If his all-around play has elevated, he deserves to be back. Moore may not be far behind.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 09:48 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I didn't know he was putting up points like this since his return to the AHL.

I wouldn't mind at all to see him replace forwards like Hossa or Prucha to see what he can do back with the Rangers.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
I was pissed when he was sent down in the first place. His time is now and the Rangers cant be stupid enough to pass it up.

Btw Inferno what section were you in at last nights game?

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 10:06 PM
NYR Viper

.....simply dominant........how can the rangers....who are having problems scoring goals......not have a player like this on the team.....also....parenteau is looking very god as well....why not give them both a look......it can hurt anything sitting callahan and someone else in favor of these two....its time to juggle some lines and these guys are good offensive players

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 10:17 PM
ruckus*

The dillema occurs for Renney who when he sent him back down obviously had problems with Dawes' defensive game and play away from the puck. While I know little about Nigel overall and when watching the game you're rarely able to pay attention to someone not on the puck (unless you're specifically looking for it) I don't know if there's credibility to Renney's decision. Obviously there must be if this is the way he feels. But TR is going to come to the point where he must decide if Nigel's liability defensively is worth the risk given his offensive potential. Tom has gotten the rest of this team to buy into his defensive system, so I would assume he can get Nigel to as well....the question is will this hinder is offensive ability, seeing as it's hindered the majority of our team. Now, I'm assuming the this defensive minded system is part of the reasoning behind our player's inability to score, but I think that's a fair assumption to make at this point.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 10:39 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Not to mention...

dawes has absolutely OWNED the debbies this season...

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 10:43 PM
IanB

Quote:
The dillema occurs for Renney who when he sent him back down obviously had problems with Dawes' defensive game and play away from the puck. While I know little about Nigel overall and when watching the game you're rarely able to pay attention to someone not on the puck (unless you're specifically looking for it) I don't know if there's credibility to Renney's decision. Obviously there must be if this is the way he feels. But TR is going to come to the point where he must decide if Nigel's liability defensively is worth the risk given his offensive potential. Tom has gotten the rest of this team to buy into his defensive system, so I would assume he can get Nigel to as well....the question is will this hinder is offensive ability, seeing as it's hindered the majority of our team. Now, I'm assuming the this defensive minded system is part of the reasoning behind our player's inability to score, but I think that's a fair assumption to make at this point.

I think young legs should be able to handle it... Dawes has got em. Jagr for example, always looks tired out there, and the fact that he likes to take such long shifts doesn't help either. When the forwards are always expected to backcheck like they are, its going to take a toll.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Leave him down there...doesn't he have 2 or 3 goals on Brodeur already this season.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote